The Simpsons

I Love Lisa

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 11, 1993 on FOX

• Ralph's Heart

It's a risk making a mere secondary character the main character but it worked for this episode, and this was one of the best and only times the spotlight was on Ralph.

It's true that Ralph isn't the brightest bulb much like Steve Carell's character in "Dinner for Schmucks" but he does have feelings which make him a human being, and why he shouldn't be underestimated. I'll admit even though he isn't a main character on the show I actually felt sympathetic to him thoughout the whole episode, probably because there are some aspects of what happens to that character I can emphasize with.

The fact that he has no friends and on valentines day he didn't get one card, that is just harsh it actually made my heart sink a little. And even though Ralph misunderstood the reason Lisa gave him the valentine, I did like the fact that he was being romantic and gentlemen if not smooth. And of course his heart did get broken by Lisa, Lisa for once is in the wrong yeah I know your suppose to let people down gently but what she did on the Crusty show that was just plain mean and a low blow, Lisa of course felt bad about doing that, good.

But in the end he really does show bright colors as he gives out a great performance in that school play, it shows that Ralph does have a gift/strength when in the right field. And of course it was sweet when Lisa apoligized and both became friends, which is fine by me it's better that being alone.

But of course this episode has some memorable comidy moments. Like Chief Wigum who uses his firearm in the most irresponsible way and when one walnut doesn't break he then shoots it and says something really absurd, "Let that be a lesson to all of the rest of you nuts."; And seeing Bart play the John Wilkes Booth role both Comic Bronze.

Though my favorate one was seeing that flashback from Principal Skinner on Vietnam which I thought was blackly funny, I know that shouldn't be funny but it is and I loved that line he gave after it, "Johnny, Johnny, JOHNNYYYYY!" Comic Sliver.

The heart sometimes is stronger that the head.
FOX