The Simpsons

Lisa the Drama Queen

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 25, 2009 on FOX

6.2
  • Lisa makes a new friend and they end up creating a whole new world to escape to.

It's been a while since a new episode of The Simpsons showed up so I jumped at the sight of this one. I figured it would end up being another typical episode, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Lisa ends up making this new friend called Juliet and both them decide to create this whole new world in which they can escape to and create imaginitive stories about their adventures in. It is an obvious spoof of Bridge to Terabithia, but not a sad ending like the book was.

The humor was great and love this spoof they did, milking the greatness and feel of the original story for all that it is worth. The character Juliet was nicely voiced and would have been cool to see in future episode.

The biggest disappointment about this episode was the special guest band Fall Out Boy. Being a big fan, I was disappointed that they didn't have an impact in the story. Though their verison of the The Simpsons Theme in the end was pretty cool.

This is a great episode and probably is the season's best yet. A spoof, a good voice actress, some clever humor, and nice storyline make this one of the most rememberable episode I seen yet.
FOX