The Simpsons

Little Orphan Millie

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 11, 2007 on FOX

• Milhouse's parents get married, shipwrecked and Milhouse goes to live with the Simpsons. the best they've ever put out, but give them some credit; they are on season number 19

The Simpsons and Van Houten family are at a picnic, where an identically-dressed Kirk and Luann claim they have an announcement to make. Much to the adoration of the party, Kirk and Luann announce they are to be re-married.

At the Simpsons home, Homer and Marge are getting ready to go to the wedding. After a casual remark from Homer, Marge is shocked to find Homer truly does not know the color of her eyes. Until Homer remembers, Marge makes a solemn vow not to let Homer see her eyes until he knows their color; causing an uncoordinated Marge to cover her eyes.

While the Van Houtens are on their honeymoon, Milhouse stays over at the Simpsons, proud and happy his parents are back together. While on the boat Kirk carries Luann down the hallway to their private room, though the boat begins swinging from side to side, so violently that the two fall off the boat. When inside the Simpson house, Milhouse goes to answer the door. Two coastguard members sadly inform him that Kirk and Luann are lost at sea, and possibly dead. Milhouse soon becomes depressed and truly convinced his parents are dead.

Though Marge invites Milhouse to stay for as much as he likes, Milhouse replies to everything with more depression, especially after another coastguard member arrives to blatantly tell him they cut the search off early. Finally, after sucking upon Maggie's bottle, he discovers he truly is the "world's oldest baby", and promises himself that he will soon become a true man.

Meanwhile, Homer continues making fruitless attempts at looking for traces of hints that can help him discover the color of Marge's eye including photos. He soon finds out there are not any photos of Marge in the house besides their wedding album. After failing to open it, he discovers there is a lock. When asking Marge for the password to the combination, she tells him it is their anniversary, though he forgets that also.

At school, Martin points out a mysterious figure in the shadow of a large oak tree, though when closely scanned, it is revealed to be Milhouse. Coming out of the shadows, Milhouse's new behavior and attitude (gloomy, mellow, and poetic) grabs the attention of the girls at school, including Lisa. Nelson refuses to punch Milhouse as he feels there is no longer any point. Finally, it is shown Milhouse is usurping Bart's popularity. At lunch, a lonely Bart sits by himself at a table, where Ralph Wiggum even tells him he's "embarrassing himself". When leaving the school bus, Sherri begins flirting with Milhouse, causing a desperate Bart to try Krumping. After no one laughs at him, a miserable Bart heads up to his room, ignoring Marge's invite to continue Krumping with her.

In his room, Bart is reading the "Daily Fourth Gradian", showing in the popularity scale, Bart is steadily decreasing. After concluding that Milhouse with family would be happy again he remembers that Milhouse gets Danish butter cookies every Christmas from Solvang, California. He decides to connect Milhouse with his Danish Uncle Norbert van Houten. Waiting at the airport, Uncle Norbert, dressed like Indiana Jones (including hat and bullwhip) arrives by his own biplane, and asks to be referred to as "Zack", the proud Danish van Houten with a hatred towards the Dutch van Houten. After Zack arrives to get Milhouse from the school, Milhouse's popularity escalates even higher.

Homer continues to search for the color of Marge's eyes and when Abe notices his desperation, he reminds Homer of a song he sung to Marge during the early strands of their relationship. After remembering a portion of the song contained Marge's eye color, Homer begins to sing out loud in the air, though when he does not remember the last word (being Marge's eye color) Homer begins to give up, until Marge, who is standing at the door, remembers the song and proudly removes her sun glasses, revealing a bright, beautiful hazel shade to her eyes, concluding Homer's song of "a beautiful, deep shade of hazel".

An angry Bart soon discovers Milhouse plans to fly away in an hot air balloon with Zack. After convincing from Lisa, Bart realizes that he loves and thus will miss Milhouse. Milhouse, Zack, and Bart take off in the hot air balloon and come upon an island, where a very much alive Kirk and Luann plan escaping with a nature-made hang-glider. After flying, Kirk and Luann's hang-glider cuts the hot air balloon and soon, Milhouse re-unites with his parents. Zack states that he has already called for help and then gets into a fight with Kirk over their heritage (Danish and Dutch respectively).

Long Live KOBE BRYANT!!!
  • This was nowhere near the best work that The Simpsons has ever brought to us but it was a moderately good episode.

I became intrigued and entertained by the maturing and the complete change to the personality of Milhouse as he becomes depressed, poetic and yet cool. I was surprised by the fact that Lisa and Milhouse hold hands, yet the latter didn't seem to care. How about that for cool? My favourite moment of the whole episode was when Homer inadvertantly named numerous products to Milhouse that had references to Milhouse's parents being lost at sea, which really made me laugh out loud a lot, even though it felm inappropriate in one way. I was also amused by Bart acting out of character, proclaiming his love for Milhouse, crying and hugging Lisa. I was not impressed by the subplot with Marge's eye colour; you would be likely to forget all about it almost immediately after watching it. The ending is satisfactory and the programme doesn't have to explain what happened after the episode finishes, in the attitude that the show always has. On the whole, I don't think that this episode was particularly memorable but it was fascinating and well-written.
  • Milhouse's parents get remarried, and go on a cruise for their honeymoon. When they are lost at sea, Milhouse becomes a "depressed loner." Meanwhile, Homer can't remember the color of Marge's eyes.

4.4
    Quite possibly the worst Simpsons episode of all time. Felt like an episode of Family Guy, or, God forbid, American Dad. The jokes were disgustingly weak (see the "quotes" section) and most of the plot-lines were pointless or made no sense.

The "Danish-Dutch" running joke was decent, but the Milhouse as the cool guy plot was worn out, and frankly, boring. The better jokes were strained; for example, "Marge, give me a break! I don't know the colors of peoples' eyes! I just judge them on the color of their skin." Weak. Maybe okay for Family Guy or King of the Hill. The eye color subplot was horrendous. Worst Simpsons subplot in history. I can't think of one Simpsons-level joke, or anything that even comes close, from that subplot. It had no redeeming value - basically Marge walked into walls a lot and then Homer sang some song. It screamed Family Guy to me.

I was very disappointed with this episode. I'm a huge fan of the show and can honestly not recall a bad episode - or even a bad joke. Unfortunately, this one was chock full of them.
  • Milhouse's parents get married, shipwrecked and Milhouse goes to live with the Simpsons. Not the best they've ever put out, but give them some credit; they are on season number 19

1.2

• Milhouse's parents remarrying is just the beginning.

This episode is very funny and well plotted, and while the Van Houtens remarrying is nowhere near as entertaining as them being divorced way back when, it opens up a good plot, with them "dying" and while it was obvious they had to survive ("status quo? Ay Carumba!... that's just sad") since "Millie" is funny because of his neediness and unpopularity, but it was funny nonetheless to see his change in character and Bart's jealousy, though the episode still had a few poor moments like the crumping.

Homer trying to figure out Marge's eye colour is a great plot as well, though I think a funnier ending would be if her eyes were black, but the rake guitaring and wedding album code were hilarious scenes, and is just as funny as the main plot, the two balancing each other out well.
  • Finally a side of Milhouse that I enjoyed

I thought this episode was very good. I usually find Milhouse episodes boring when it's all about him but this was better. His new personality is dark and unbelievable and he has everyone wondering what is it about him and what he's hiding.
    I like how Bart reacts. He's desperate for attention, now that everyone is looking at Milhouse. It was funny to see Lisa telling Bart that he was pathetic because he will miss him when he leaves.
    On the other hand, Homer and his problems to remember Marge's eye color was as silly and he always is when he gets in trouble. And even when he's always trying to get rid of his father, he had to listened to him to remember.
    LG
  • A sad and very funny episode at the same time!!!!

When Milhouse's parents are lost at sea and presumed dead, Milhouse decides it's time to begin acting like a real man, and his new attitude makes him more attractive and popular than ever. Bart can't stand that Milhouse has become cooler than him, and he devises a plan to win back his cooler-than-Milhouse status. Meanwhile, Homer finds himself in hot water when he can't remember the color of Marge's eyes, and Marge vows not to let Homer see her eyes again until he remembers their color. A great episode, and a must see for all SImpsons fans. Season 19 turning out great thus far as it has only had one weak episode thus far.
  • When Millhouses parents get remarried they go on a cruse. When on the cruse they get lost at sea. From the shock milhouse recieves he becomes really cool and bart gets the rank as the second coolist kid in school.

anothe funny episode that makes me laugh. this is a great episode of season 19. This show is the best long lasting show. I cant wait for the next episode The come out. This pooves that this show is still funny. This is one of my faves on t.v. com I want the simpsons to have a marathong on fox. It would be so ausume and cool. Do to rap things up this was a great and funny episode that is fun to watch. So I an going to end this so This was funny. T. V. com member youdude off.
  • Nothing Happend.

6.6
    What? I didn't laugh once, but only a little bit when the gym teacher was talking about not skipping gym class when they were climbing the rope... so, that was the only part I laughed just a little bit. This, along with Homer of Seville, is probably the worst simpsons episode in Season 19 so far. Pretty sure people will agree with me. And, although when Homer was naming all the brands that had to do with the ocean, that gave me a little laugh too. Overall, this episode is worthy for a 6.4 rating from me. ( I could still watch this episode again, though )
  • A good average episode

7.8
    This episode was pretty funny and seeing milhouse grow from baby to a man was pretty cool. So Milhouses parents get together on a cruise but they accidently fall off the ship and the sailors inform Milhouse parents are dead and Milhouse isn't taking it so well and decides to become a man and he gets really popular at school more popular than Bart which make Bart so he tries to call Milhouses uncle but it makes him more popular so then Milhouse rides on his uncle hot air balloon but Bartsneaks in and crashes in an island that has milhouses parent.

The subplot was good to that Homer forgets Marges eye color and he tries many funny ways to find out what is So it was a pretty decent episode but not the best of the season
  • This episode can be described in one word: Hilarious

Kirk and Luann van Houten fall off the cruise ship where they are celebrating their honeymoon after getting remarried, and when Milhouse is told that they're lost at sea, he turns into a loner, transforming him into the coolest kid in school, much to Bart's dismay; when Homer can't remember what color Marge's eyes are, she wears sunglasses and won't let him see them again until he can remember the color.... This episode had hilarious humor, a great storyline, and everything you could ask for.... so far Season 19 looks to be one of the classic Simpsons seasons..... Hopefully the writers keep up the good work.
  • A good but average episode at best.

The episode resolves around the marriage of Milhouse's parents and they plan on getting remarried, well Milhouse get's really glad and finds out his parents are trapped on a island, probably dead, soon Milhouse turns into a cool emo sort of guy and his uncle comes and they go hot balloon riding and finds his parents.

Also, another plot is involved in which homer can't remember marge's eye color but he remembers a song he wrote about her and she hears it and forgives him.

It was a good episode and it was a decent improvement over the last episodes which is cool.
  • My favourite episode of the season so far, some very good humour and a solid storyline.

I really enjoyed this episode. The season hasn't been great so far, and this one surprised me. Milhouse, in my opinion, is one of the shows funniest characters. The subplot was pretty good too. Only let down a little because it reminded me a little bit of 'Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore' from Season 15.

The first act was the best. It got straight to the point with both of the plots, and made me laugh a few times, especially during the Van Houten wedding scene. Second act was ok, although it was a bit dull with Milhouse's depression. Again, it had some funny moments, especially with Homer naming all of the Sea Brands. The third act, and ending was a bit lame. They just suddenly introduced this never seen before uncle of Milhouse's, and decided that after 19 years, half of his family are Danish, and half are Dutch? The character of Norbert "Uncle Zach" Van Houten wasn't the most original either, but I liked how he bonded with Milhouse. The ending was OK, but wasn't it a bit of a coincidence that Milhouse, Bart and Norbert were flying over a tropical Island, and that Milhouse's parents happened to be there at the time. But hey, it's a cartooon.

Overall, really not a bad episode at all. Nice to see an episode with no annoying Music Montage's or guest stars, and with an exciting plot involving a secondary character.

1st Act: 4.5/5
    2nd Act: 4/5
    3rd Act/Ending: 3/5

Overall: B+
  • Exciting but lacks humor.

7.7
    Little Orphan Millie is very exciting, but it lacks in the humor department. Like all of the episodes this season the so called "Animated Comedy" is not really a comedy. I admit that this episode has laughs here and there, but after seeing the movie I expected better of the show. But intead we got bad gags, humor and episode plots, like a crusty, expired cereal box with no prize inside. Little Orphan Millie is not the best episode ever, not anywhere close, but it is the best of this season. I suggest that The Simpsons returs to an animated comedy soon before Fox cancels it after the big 19.
  • Milhouse becomes the cool kid in school when his newly wed parents are presumed dead.

It's hard for me to review a Simpsons episode, mainly because I'm just a fan, not a die-hard fan (still haven't watched all the episodes yet!!!), but I throughly enjoyed this episode, and chuckled to myself about how people who don't want the attention always gets it, and how anti-social guys always seem to attract the gals!

When Milhouse's parent are lost at sea, he becomes more and more cold, which makes him col to everyone at school, except to Bart, who sees that his own 'coolest kid in school' go to Milhouse. Hilarity ensues when he tries to grab back the title that he has defended for so long, and even enlists the help of Milhouse's relative to make MIlhouse revert back to his normal self.

Meanwhile, Homer gets into trouble with Marge again when he can't remember Marge's Eye colour, which I thought was hysterical because everyone's eye colour is black (turns out I was wrong, and the artists just can't be asked to put microscopic dots of colour in everyone's eyes).

Overall, a few pop culture references and a bit of truth we all don't understand makes this episode worth a watch.
  • When Millhouse's parents are lost at sea he toughens up and becomes cooler than Bart but Bart does every thing he can to make him un-cool again. Marge is furious when Homer forgets her eye color.

A good episode, great charecter development for the Van Houtens. A couple of great gags and Milhouse's uncle was cool. Homer's song about Marge was annoying so it loses a few points there. I would have liked to have seen a little bit more of Lisa and Millhouse togetherness. What about Collin though Lisa? I guess he disapeared. Next week's episode seem really good, can't wait for Jack Black and more of Comic book guy, and Marge's all women gym should be interesting, maybe it could be a permanent thing and not have it burn down at the end? It would have been funny to see Bart and the Van houtens stuck on the island for next week. Can't wait though!
  • the rebirth of cool!

Millhouse becomes a orphan after his parents got lose at sea. They got remarried and end up gone at sea. Millhouse gets tough and got cool with the crowd. He became the new Fonzie. Millhouse had replaced Bert as their rebel in the schoolyard. I like the change in Millhouse, although it will only be for one epsiode only. Homer is afraid for his marriage when he can't remember the color of Marge's eyes. that secondary storyline has little life, compared with the Millhouse stroyline. I can't give away the ending, but you're going to like it. Are Millhouse parents actually dead? You find out.
  • Another typical Simpsons episode.

Hello there Simpsons fans! Welcome to another review of Skyancez! This time, I will review "Little Orphan Millie" the recent episode of the Simpsons.

In this episode, Kirk and Luanne Van Houten re-marry. Milhouse enjoys this new surprise. After the marriage, Kirk and Luanne go in a cruise, while Milhouse stays with the Simpsons. Bart and Milhouse are having a good time. Until two captains knock at the Simpsons house informing Milhouse that his parents are lost at sea. Milhouse is emotionaly depressed and decides to become cool. Bart does not like Milhouse taking his spotlight as the cool kid and calls Milhouse's uncle to get him. Milhouse takes off, and Bart joins him. When they arrive in a island. They discover Kirk and Luanne still alive. Meanwhile, Homer has trouble reminbering Marge's eye color.

This episode was cleverly plotted. It was a nice turn to focus around Milhouse this time around. It was also a nice twist not to have Homer as the main character.

It had its funny moments, but lacked a few.

I recommend this episode for old-fashion Simpsons viewers. As this episode was pretty enjoyable.

Compared to last week's disappointment. This is a episode you must watch to re-gain hope on the Simpsons.
MNT