The Simpsons

Little Orphan Millie

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 11, 2007 on FOX

• This was nowhere near the best work that The Simpsons has ever brought to us but it was a moderately good episode.

I became intrigued and entertained by the maturing and the complete change to the personality of Milhouse as he becomes depressed, poetic and yet cool. I was surprised by the fact that Lisa and Milhouse hold hands, yet the latter didn't seem to care. How about that for cool? My favourite moment of the whole episode was when Homer inadvertantly named numerous products to Milhouse that had references to Milhouse's parents being lost at sea, which really made me laugh out loud a lot, even though it felm inappropriate in one way. I was also amused by Bart acting out of character, proclaiming his love for Milhouse, crying and hugging Lisa. I was not impressed by the subplot with Marge's eye colour; you would be likely to forget all about it almost immediately after watching it. The ending is satisfactory and the programme doesn't have to explain what happened after the episode finishes, in the attitude that the show always has. On the whole, I don't think that this episode was particularly memorable but it was fascinating and well-written.