The Simpsons

Marge Gamer

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 22, 2007 on FOX

• Marge plays an online game called World of Warcraft with Bart and Homer becomes a referee for Lisa's soccer game

Marge becomes a spectacle during a PTA meeting for not having an e-mail address, and she decides to take a chance on using the Internet. Amazed and delighted by all the Internet has to offer, Marge decides to join a popular role-playing fantasy game named "Earthland Realms." To Marge's dismay, the game has her interacting with practically the whole town of Springfield, including Bart, who happens to be the game's most feared and destructive player. Meanwhile, Homer saves Lisa's soccer game from cancellation after he volunteers to take the place of a referee who recently quit. However, Homer's refereeing skills only exasperate Lisa, and her competitive streak gets the best of her. I thought that this was a superb episode of "The Simpsons". While it wasn't my favorite, I still found it to be a very enjoyable episode. The storylines in this episode were pretty good for the most part and there were some funny parts in this episode. Marge online gaming with Bart was pretty funny to watch but I lost interest in the plot after Bart accidentally killed Marge in the game and she gets upset at Bart... not that it was bad but it just got boring and a bit pointless so that's what lowered my score a little. The plot with Homer becoming a referee at Lisa's soccer game was a little boring as well but I enjoyed this plot more and it had more humor. The parts that made me laugh were Ronaldo's cameo appearance, Bart accidentally killing Marge in World of Warcraft, Homer being a referee was very funny to see, and some more funny parts. That's all I have to say about this one and while it was getting boring mainly in the Bart/Marge plot, it was still enjoyable to see. Overall, a superb episode of "The Simpsons". 9/10