The Simpsons

Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 15, 2004 on FOX

• Bart and Lisa as Best Friends

God I hate Milhouse, So pathetic I was so sad for Lisa after her being owned a real best friend was really so sweet

One of their best storyline ever
  • When Milhouse moves away, Bart begins to bond with Lisa.

One day on a field trip to the televison museum, Milhouse shows that he has a new attitude where he just dosn't care, much like Bart. But Milhouse tells Bart that it's just because Milhouse and his mom are moving to Capitol City. Bart soon becomes very bored without Milhouse around, so he starts hanging out with Lisa.

Meanwhile, Homer has yet another job. Being a bum. He collects money to buy Marge an annivesary gift, diamond earrings. But after buying her the present, Homer continues to be a bum, to collect money.

I thought this was a very good episode. I liked the begginning with Nelson being made fun of, Milhouse's new friends, The indian burial ground, and Homer's bum job.

Overall Grade:91%/A-
  • Milhouse moves away, Homer becomes a bum.

On a school excursion to the Museum Of Television And TV, Milhouse starts acting out of character and tells Bart he doesn't care what others think about him anymore. Later, Milhouse breaks the news to Bart that he and his mother are permanently moving to Capitol City. Bart is sent into a downward spiral until he finally hops on a plane to visit Milhouse, who now sports blonde spiky hair and some cool friends. Meanwhile, Homer starts panhandling to get more money for an anniversary present. Bart fills the vacancy for his best friend by hanging out with Lisa and discovering that they have a lot in common. Milhouse returns to Springfield after Kirk gets a court order when the judge feels sorry for him. Bart stops hanging out with Lisa which causes her to become jealous. Bart reassures Lisa that while they wont be spending as much time together, he'll be there for support when she needs him. The two share a hug. This was another classic episode in season 15. Both stories were very solid. The only thing I didnt like was the fact Milhouse was a jerk when he moved to Capitol City. Anyway, a must see!
  • Great story line and very hilarious..... Homer also gets a new job: bum... LOL If you ask me that what he should have been doing all along!!!

• An amazing episode! Milhouse episodes are always great & this one delivers. Must see.

Now and then, a new Simpsons episode comes a long which restores your faith in our favourite family. I was beginning to feel that this Season would be pretty boring and forgettable, but now I'm turned around on the subject. Full of humour, emotion and sight gags, this episode is comparable to other classics from recent Seasons, perhaps even the "golden years".

A solid plot which flowed almost perfectly was the foundation for twenty minutes of great writing. The first act really let Milhouse shine, although it would have been nice to hear more from Luann or Kirk (without them arguing). Other characters made this episode great too - there were good lines from Homer, Ralph, and especially Groundskeeper Willy.

The scene with the new Milhouse seemed a little short and could have been better, but apart from this everything else worked, whether filled with humour or emotion. It was also great to see scenes which did not depend on humour alone, reminiscent of classic episodes. The sub plot kinda filled in extra humour just where needed and, although quite separate from the main plot, worked well enough. The only thing which I disliked was the crappy tacked-on ending.
  • I hate ****

This episode is perfectly fine in every way, except for the scene where Bart goes to Capitol City to visit Milhouse, and Milhouse has become a **** and he has **** friends. It is one of the most annoying scenes in Simpsons history. Other than that, I thought this episode was quite funny.
  • Homer gets another job: Bum

I never thought I'd see the day where Bart and Lisa would become best friends but this episode proved me wrong. It had great humour such as the Museum of Television and TV and Bart's checkers game with ralph but the main humour was in the B story of Homer becoming a bum, getting enough money to buy marge jewllery. One of my favourite scenes was when the shots go through the house to show what everyone's thinking:
    Lisa: Oh my god, my brother's my best friend
    Bart:Oh my god, my sister's my best friend
    Marge: Earings! I still can't believe he bought me earings
    Homer: mirror mirror on the wall, who's the baldest of them all.

I'll finish this review with one of my favourite homer quotes of the episode:
    When a woman says nothing's wrong, everything's wrong, and when a woman says everything is wrong that means everything's wrong. And when a woman says something's not funny, you'd better not laugh your ass off!
  • Like 'A Milhouse Divided' this is another funny Milhouse-based episode.

let's start off: On a school journey to the "Museum of Television and TV", Milhouse shows that he has developed a brand new attitude where he just doesn't care about anything anymore and wants to create trouble and havoc. Bart likes this, but is alarmed that he is doing it because he is moving away. When he does Milhouse becomes really cool where he lives and Bart is really sad. He decides to befriend Lisa, mcuh to people's amazement, and investigate a secret Egyptian cave. Meanwhile, Homer decides to act like an Abraham Man (a man that pretneds to be crazy and retarded to get money) and Homer earns so much cash he can buy Marge loads of jewellry. But you cna imagine how mad she is whne she finds out he's been pretending to egt money!

A halirious and well-written episod,e I really loved it. A Milhouse episode I enjoyed much more then 'A Milhouse Divided' a believed it to be very cool. That Homer scheme was a classic, and Milhouse acting cool was funny, and Bart is so sweet in the end whne Milhouse comes bakc and he decides to pay Lisa back for things and give her some respect. Awwwww. A great ending and story, 'Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore' is a classic tale and fine example for a funny episode.