The Simpsons

Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 15, 2004 on FOX

• An amazing episode! Milhouse episodes are always great & this one delivers. Must see.

Now and then, a new Simpsons episode comes a long which restores your faith in our favourite family. I was beginning to feel that this Season would be pretty boring and forgettable, but now I'm turned around on the subject. Full of humour, emotion and sight gags, this episode is comparable to other classics from recent Seasons, perhaps even the "golden years".

A solid plot which flowed almost perfectly was the foundation for twenty minutes of great writing. The first act really let Milhouse shine, although it would have been nice to hear more from Luann or Kirk (without them arguing). Other characters made this episode great too - there were good lines from Homer, Ralph, and especially Groundskeeper Willy.

The scene with the new Milhouse seemed a little short and could have been better, but apart from this everything else worked, whether filled with humour or emotion. It was also great to see scenes which did not depend on humour alone, reminiscent of classic episodes. The sub plot kinda filled in extra humour just where needed and, although quite separate from the main plot, worked well enough. The only thing which I disliked was the crappy tacked-on ending.