The Simpsons

Moms I'd Like to Forget

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 09, 2011 on FOX

6.9
  • This is exactly the kind of episode that made the critics claim that Simpsons episodes are declining in quality.

1.5
    I was quickly drawn in by the rivarly between the fourth and fifth graders and the discovery that Bart shares a previously undiscovered scar with one of those fifth graders, making me keen to find out what was going to happen next. Unfortunately, the reconciling of Bart with the other kids from the 'Mommy and Me class' and Marge with 'the Cool Moms' was not as not nearly as good as it could have been, due to the predictable ending of the two groups splitting up, presumably never to meet again. The scene with Comic Book Guy telling the story of how the scars came to be was mildly interesting and caused me to raise my score slightly above 1 as well as the satisfactory moments of Marge's brain having sections of itself shoved out and burst but apart from them, there weren't any moments where I genuinely felt like laughing and I didn't really feel entertained either. I think it's safe to say that The Simpsons fell flat on their face with this episode. It just seemed too predictable and familiar somehow.