The Simpsons

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 10, 2010 on FOX

• This show had gone down the toliet..its so bad its become a propaganda tool!!!!!

What was up with the intro to this episode.

This show has become so cheap that it is now a propaganda tool!!

To insinuate that there is child labor with a panda pulling a cart is beyond low can this show go with its propaganda....

You know with the one child policy, children in China are treated like prince and princess...they get what ever they want, and honestly they are quite spoiled. And the simpsons writer actually beleive there are child labors in China...are the simpsons writer/creator really that stupid. And panda pulling a cart like a horse and unicorns chained to be used as a hole puncher...serisouly, how rediculously low and stupid can propagandas get. The simpsons used to be a good show now its completely trash... watch family guy people, its so much better and funnier than this sh!t-azz show simpsons.
  • Lisa manages Bart's baseball team

n an effort to broaden her extracurricular horizons, Lisa decides to manage Bart's little league team. Using statistics and probabilities, Lisa leads the team to an incredible winning streak. I thought this was a superb episode. Not the best episode ever, but there only a few boring parts such as the couch gag. I laughed at some of the parts such as Flanders' lines about quitting the game, some of Ralph's dialog, Milhouse and the water fountain (as well as his line about wanting to be a girl), Rod and Tod getting 16 hours of sleep, the ending. Overall, besides a few dragged parts, this was a superb episode. 9/10

• Pretty Good

Another quality episode of the simpsons. Season 22 is flying high with the exception of elementary school musical. Basically the only thing wrong with this episode is that it doesn't have a sub-plot, and baseball scene after baseball scene make the episode a little boring.
    I also feel like this episode was a little bit of a smash together of 'Lisa on Ice' from season 6 and 'Bart Star' from season 9. If you mix those two together and change the sport to baseball, you get the episode 'MoneyBART.' However, I did laugh at a lot of places, like Ralph's, "do alligators alligate?" and "I caught a white apple!"So overall, not as good as Loan-a-Lisa, but way better than Elementary School Musical.

• perfect

another fantastic episode from the 22nd season. i actually loled at like, 3 or 4 separate things, which is something that rarely happens (Ralph's "I caught a white apple" line, Ralph's "Do alligators alligate" line and Flanders line about his kids needing 16 hours sleep). This was a good episode. And it has probably the darkest couch gag of the series, which is interesting. Overall a pretty good episode, i loved it a lot, my overall grade is without a doubt an A+. A great episode, hopefully season 22 continues at this pace, that would be really swell me thinks
  • To improve her changes in getting to the Ivy League, Lisa becomes the Springfiled Isotots' coach, much to Bart's dismay.

Springfield recieves the visit of Dalhia Brinkley, a former student who graduated from Yale. Lisa comes in and Dalhia encourgages her to be in more extra-curricular activities. So at home she is practicing fencing with Maggie, when Maggie snapped and beaten Zorro style. Flanders dropped by saying he won't be Bart's baseball coach anymore as the referee called a homerun when it really was a foul. (Homer: Flanders, don't you have another neighbour? Flanders: Yes I do! And I love him just as much as you! It's a FLanders sandwich with the best neighbour bread!) so Marge protests saying someday Bart and Lisa wont' be around and he'll regret not spending time with them, and Homer says it's a problem for future Homer and drinks a mix of vodka and mayonnaise (and faints).

At the baseball court Bart sees the team practicing and learns the team got a new coach - Lisa! But she doesn't know about baseball:
    Bart: Need more research tootsie-pop
    Nelson: Get a room!
    Lisa: We're brother and sister
    Milhouse: So are my parents, I think...

And Lisa gets advice from Frink and the nerds who where having out at Moe's (Moe: Why did I advertise my drinks in scientific American? Frink: I can think of 3 good reasons... Moe: Shut up). And then we have Matrix-eque montage of the team winning (Raplh - I caught a white apple!) and then we get to a game were if Bart doesn't swing they win, but Bart is mad at Lis for ruining his fav sport, and swings anyways and they win, and Lisa kicks him off the team (as the team would say: "conflicted! conflicted!")

So at Luigi's everyone is mad at Lisa but Lisa says that players play and managers manage (and Raplh asks if alligators alligate, and Lisa says they do, and Raplh says he's Scared, LOL). So back at home, Bart gives his uniform to Lisa and Homer thinks they'll have an underpants dinner. Then we have a hilarious exchange between Homer and Marge:

Marge: Family is forever
    Homer: Homer: Sorry Marge. I gotta call bullcrap on that one. The '69 Mets will live on forever, but you think anybody cares about Ron Swoboda's wife and kids? Not me, and I assume not Ron Swoboda.
    Marge: But aren't you worried about Bart's feelings?
    Homer: Boys don't have feelings, they have Muscles!
    Marge: Why do you say such ridiculous things?
    Homer: They sound good in my brain, but my tongue makes the words not sound very good...formally!

So Bart tries to be co-commentarist while the Isotots get to the championship match in Capital City. Homer and Lisa leave in the stadium and Marge takes Bart to an amusement park. There at a rollercoaster, Lisa calls Bart, telling him he needs another player as Ralph can't play because he it too juiced (Raplh: I didn't know what I was putting into my body!), and Mike Scioscia convinces Bart to listen to Lisa and return.

There, at the stadium Bart returns and steals 2nd and 3rd base, and he is about to steal home when Lisa shouts the computer says it's impossible, and we see Burns saying that they'll never replace his old calculator (which is huge) and Smithers says it's stuck and Burns' tells him to apply more goose grease. Bart is about to steal home (Homer: If he makes it that's my son!) when suddenly he is out (Homer throws his foam finger at him, shouting You STiNK!) and everyone leaves. Lisa tells him how he made her enjoy baseball (Lisa: You made me love baseball. Not as a collection of numbers, but as an unpredictable, passionate game, beaten in excitement only by every other sport.) and that he is a good brother 51% of the time. Bart says his guy tells him she's good too, but she demands a number, so Bart gives her Homer's foam finger (which has a #1) and the hug. The team comes and say "conflict resolved! conflict resolved!" and it ends.

Bottom line: It was a great episode with lots of funny lines, and a very dark (but amusing) couch gag. This season is going very well till now (excluding the premiere). 9/10.
  • This is to the people who love the simpsons and especially the comments right under me!

i really want to unlike your reviews so much more than only once because this simpsons episode was freaking hilarious! i loved the couch gag, they are getting funnier every time I see a new episode and the plot was just great... the only problem was... can the writers please stop coming up with Lisa episodes for a while? because this is the 3rd in a row, and since this was a baseball episode... can it be strike out for her... hahaha, but anyways, to you people under me, you don't have any freakin' humor! I thought it was great (not as good as last weeks though) but still much better than the first one... even though i kinda liked that one also haha. but family guy sucks! family guy is getting all the crappy ratings, the simpsons has always been 7-8 ratings, mostly 8 and rarely 6... family guy got lower every season, and there just not coming up with anything funny anymore, the simpsons have been there for 22 years and there still making the best jokes and plots. so dont say to not watch the simpsons!
  • This was the Frankenstein's Monster of Simpsons episodes.

If you remember "Lisa on Ice" and "The Boys of Bummer" then you probably won't like MonyBART because it practically fuses the two episodes together, takes out the good/logical parts, and leaves us with Lisa acting extremely out of character.
    One thing to notice is the Couch Gag was directed by Banksy. It turned out to be more depressing than funny, but excuse me for thinking it was called a Couch "Gag" and not Couch "Social Commentary", but I digress...
    So a famous woman from Springfield or whatever tells Lisa she's not good enough unless she takes more Extracurricular Activities. Without giving it any second thought, Lisa decides that she's right. Meanwhile, there's another story about Flanders retiring as Bart's Little League coach. Surprisingly, the two stories collide as Lisa is now Bart's team's new coach... WHAT? Okay, the reason Lisa made a good goalie in "Lisa on Ice" was because she knew how to defend herself against Bart, but this time, she doesn't know anything about baseball!
    Lisa goes to Moe's Tavern (A place that used to not let kids in, see "The Parent Rap") to look for baseball advice. Strange enough, Professor Frink and Homer's college roomates are there and know a lot about baseball. They give her a book on baseball probabilities or something like that and the team's automatically great at baseball!
    During one game, Lisa tells Bart not to swing because of some kind of probability. Bart says Screw This, swings and hits a home run. Instead of possibly some kind of scolding for not listening to orders, or suspension, Lisa kicks Bart off the team. Remember when Lisa used to be the rational thinking one? Yeah, me neither.
    Honestly, I'm convinced that the writers want us to hate Lisa. They want to make her look as condescending and snotty as possible. There was a time when "I'm Lisa and I'm a bossy little brat!" was Bart imitating Lisa, not a pretty good summary on Lisa's character! Let's continue...
    In the big game, Lisa needs Bart to play for him but he refuses because Lisa is a bossy little brat. However, some Baseball player whose name I didn't catch talks to Bart about listening to one's coach. Bart finds this inspiring and goes to the big game.
    Despite what (Insert Baseball Player here) said, Bart didn't listen to Lisa and tried to steal home and they ended up losing. However, Lisa learned that Baseball isn't about probabilities or math, but having fun. UGH.
    This episode was rather annoying. There was only one storyline that had nothing going for it, and every other character was unimportant and unfunny. Last, but not least, in one scene Bart broke all of Marge's car windows and Marge doesn't even change emotion. Who just ignores that all of their car windows are broken? Marge might be forgiving, but she's not a pushover like Flanders!
  • Pretty great

Lisa wants to get into an ivy league school, but she needs to do more activities, so she's Bart's new baseball coach. Lisa now becomes more interested in the physchics of baseball, and leads the team to the championship, but loses because of Bart.

I loved a lot in this episode. Ralph's lines: "Im too juiced", "Do alligators alligate?", and "I caught a white apple!". I also loved Homer's future Homer talk, and how her mixed vodka in mayo. Flanders also had a few good lines. But a few scenes dragged on too long, which made the episode a little boring.

Overall Grade: 85%/B+
  • Ho-hum

I think I may be getting too old for the Simpsons. This episode featured what I believe to be the darkest couch gag in history. Koren sweat shop and dead unicorns. Dark stuff.

This episodes main plot point of Lisa becoming Bart's coach seemed somehow familar and it took some of the humor out of it for me. The guest stars were hardly stars but a nice nod to the past with Mr.Sosa to perhaps one of the greatest baseball related memories I have from my childhood. The song still churns in my head sometimes. "I'm talking Hommmmer..."

But back to this episode, Every joke seemed easily set up and the predicablity of whats going to happen next sucked the fun out. Thank god Family Guy comes on right after to help bring me a cheap laugh that I so desperatley need after crappy Simpsons. Now if you'll excuse me I have a string of thumbs down to prepare for. Happy watching!