The Simpsons

Much Apu About Nothing

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 05, 1996 on FOX

• Genius!

this episode is great! like all the episodes in the golden age.

'let the bears pay the bear tax, I pay the Homer tax!'

'that's the home owner tax'

'we'll I'm still outraged'

genius!

PS: what's with all the weird comments, like their summarizing the episodes, not commenting.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the simpsons bears are coming and attacking the town thing is they need to make a new bill to outlaw illegal imigrents and so apu and others are imgrents and they need to a pass a citzenship test to be granted a citzen of springfield. and so homer wants to help apu and so does lisa and the rest of the family so homer gets him to cram like he has never done before and he and the others have all passed the test . this was a good ep i thougt and had some funny moments.
  • Much Apu About Nothing

Mayor Quimby tries to pass a law that deports all illegal immigrants back to their country. Unfortunately this means Apu too. So Homer {or really Lisa} tries to help him get ready for the test that if he passes will say he gets to stay and get his citizenship. In the end, the bill {or law?} passes, sending all illegal immigrants back. But Apu passed the citizenship test, and the Simpsons throw a celebration in their yard.

A decent episode, not really my type of story line, but it was handled nicely. Overall grade would have to be an A+
  • Apu gets the boot (almost)

And once again we get a classic Simpsons episode. This is one of the best of the seventh season. Let's see, we have the population of Sprinfield taking dumb decitions after more dumb decitions and one of them is kicking out all the illegal immigrants in the city. I used to believe before watching this episode that Apu was a legal alien in the USA. Turns out, he is not, and has to find a way to stay for good and legally. All I see in this episode is more cirticism on the american culture and how it overlooks the work done by such a wonderful group of people.

I really don't like Apu that much. I would like it better if he gets the boot.
  • An episode that attacked illegal immigration... Homer was soooo funny in this episode

When Proposition 24, an anti-immigrant law, is put into effect, Apu risks being deported as an illegal alien. All of Apu's attempts to get fake papers and Americanize himself fail and it's up to Homer to help his loyal Kwik-E-Mart counterman pass his naturalization exam. An all-night cram session ensues, but when Apu takes his test, he proves to be too smart to be an American. Luckily, though, he passes, and is allowed to stay in Springfield. That's more than we can say for Groundskeeper Willie, who is deported, kicking and screaming, back to Scotland. A great episode that attacked illegal immigrants...
  • Illeagal Aliens need love too!

A bear show up in springfield, leads Mayor Quimby to delcared war on Illeagal Aliens, by putting Prop 24 on the ballot. The forcus of this episode is onb apu, who may have to return to India if this law passes. Homer steps in to help apu passed his citzenship test. It's a good thing that apu pass his test, the town of Springfield voted the law in always, despite support from the Simpsons. This epsiode is a hot button issue concern illeagal Alians. It was made ten years ago for the issue is a major issue in congress and on the nighty news programs. that episode is timeless.
  • shows apu's character in more depth

this episode has some great homerisms including "if i could just say a few words...i'd be a better public speaker", "we're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears" and "let the bears pay the bear tax. i pay the homer tax". but most of the humour comes from the fact that springfield is deporting all illegal immigrants including apu, groundskeeper willie and moe (though he tries to keep it quiet). homer teaching apu american history is always hilarious to view and this episode could almost be classed as a classic if more people knew about it. the title is a great play on words aswell and almost depicts what a great episode this one is.