The Simpsons

My Big Fat Geek Wedding

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 18, 2004 on FOX

7.6
  • Skinner and Edna's marriage falls apart.

Seymour Skinner and Edna Krabappel are finally getting married. Edna has a bachelorette party at the Simpson house, while at Seymour's bachelor party at Moe's, he confesses to Homer that he's getting cold feet. On the wedding day, Edna has second thoughts; feeling that Seymour has never been on board with this whole idea all along. Edna runs from the ceremony. Unknowingly both Homer and Marge are each with the pair in an attempt to get them back together. The attempt fails when the state of Homer and Marge's own marriage gets in the way. Edna returns a gift to the Comic Book Guy. She becomes charmed by his banter and agrees to accompany him to lunch. Homer tries having Seymour serenade Edna, but they discover she's seeing Comic Book Guy. The family goes to the Sci Fi convention to stop Edna. They find Comic Book Guy proposing to Edna. Seymour enters and begins to battle him. Edna stops the fight, and tells them neither man is for her. Everyone has to love episode centered around Comic Book Guy and this one was great. It was comical to see Marge and Homer helping Skinner and Edna out, and Matt was a good guest star. If not for anything else, watch this episode because of Matt Greoning as a guest star.
  • Skinner and Krabappel finally tie the not!? Are Homer and Marge splitting up??

• Suprisingly a pretty good episode.

7.7
    I really wasn't looking forward to this episode - just another continuation in the Skinner-Krabappel soap opera storyline. However, it turned out to be quite funny. Not a great episode, but decent nonetheless. The opening was pretty good and the episode progressed well.

I thought Edna falling for Comic Book Guy was a little out of place. Although the reasons were obvious, I just think it should have been a different character because CBG has been used too much recently, and also once with a love interest (Worst Episode Ever).

Another thing which I disliked is the rushing of the Homer-Marge subplot. Little hints were given throughout the episode, and it would have been nicer to have a proper conclusion to this. I did like how Marge brought the subject of whittling batteries back up, though. Homer's "second" marriage to Marge (which is actually the third, cf. A Milhouse Divided) was way too rushed and pointless.

Oh and finally, Matt Groening's appearance as the creator of Futurama was great. It was quite short, but they managed to fit in some great jokes about him, such as Milhouse mispronouncing his name.
  • This is why I watch the simpsons, keep reading but beware of spoilers!

Great play on play using how the episode started with Homer shaving batteries in bed, and later Marge making a reference to their marriage. And yet Homer still doesnt make the circle of though complete, but hes all about making those batteries work, as does his marriage as we see through his actions at the end of the episode.

I love Marge and Homer. This episode is a classic example why. No matter what Homer does, he finds that certain something that Marge falls for and into love over and over again!

Side notes: Nelsons comeback to as why he takes Skinners side over Endas, "BROS BEFORE HOS!" ~classic.

And Lenny & Carl being their cute selves,
    CARL: (talking to Skinner at Moes) "Now you have someone to rub your back WITHOUT being asked"
    LENNY: "Not this again!"

Skinner at Moes, when Moe pulls out the ad for the stripper;
    SKINNER: "Absolutely No! NO FRICTION DANCING!"

~This to me is 100% enjoyable classic Simpsons episode. I adore when Homer and Marge are interacting with each other. Lots going on for these two here, and the episode is talked and mulled over not even them!! Excellent!
  • Skinner and Krabapple finally tie the knot...wait, no they don't!

I found this episode very funny and was a much better idea than them actually getting married. The lion King spoof (where the kids were singing a parody of In The Jungle) was one of my favourite scenes in this episode as was homer promising to keep Skinner's cold feet a secret, then a split second later:
    "Marge, Skinner wants to bail on his wedding" and it is revealed that he is still talking to Skinner ("Oh, this is awkward").
    The only part I didn't like in this episode is how marge and homer made up by getting remarried which homer already did in "A Millhouse Divided" which made the rating go down from a posssible 9.8.
FOX