The Simpsons

Mypods and Boomsticks

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 30, 2008 on FOX

• I loved some of the great jokes in this episode. The only problem I have with this epsiode is that its to over used of a plot with many other shows. The Simpsons usually come up with their own wacky ideas, but I guess not this time.

The Simpson family takes a trip to the Mapple Store at the Springfield Mall where Lisa get her very own Mypod, and Bart interrupts an announcement from Steve Mobbs with his own voiceover, causing pandemonium to break loose in the store. On his way home from the mall, Bart narrowly escapes punishment and befriends a Muslim boy named Bashir. Homer becomes suspicious of Bart's new friend and invites Bashir, his mother (guest voice Shohreh Aghdashloo) and his father over for dinner so he can investigate their supposed anti-American sentiments. Having already offended Bashir and his family at dinner, Homer goes to their home to apologize, but he instead snoops around their house, Â… la Jack Bauer, and uncovers what he believes to be a terrorist plot to blow up the Springfield Mall. The race is on as Homer tries to warn the residents of Springfield about the impending disaster.