The Simpsons

Ned 'N' Edna's Blend

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 13, 2012 on FOX

• simpsons ned and enda's blenda

i thought this was a funny episode alot of the scenes made me laugh like the ending when edna says i never truely cared about children and all the kids gasp and it was a nice comeback to bring back everybody else loves ned flanders gag that was pretty funny as well overall a good episode
  • Surprisingly moving and mature episode.

Given the downward slump the series has been in I was worried going in. However, I heard good things So I gave it a shot, and was very pleasantly surprised. Ned and Edna's relationship felt genuinely real, and the trials and tribulations they endured as two different people was very well handled. the authors seemed to truly take the time to think how a relationship worked. And the finale was also well handled. couples do fight sometimes, so the idea of them acknowledging that they will never be wholly 100% happy and compatible, but still trying to make it work felt....well real and not like a cop out
  • Ned and Edna have been discovered that they were secretly married so Marge offers to throw them a reception

When the town of Springfield discovers that Ned and Edna have secretly gotten hitched, Marge offers to throw them a congratulatory reception. However, bringing everyone together makes them all realize that no marriage is perfect. Meanwhile, Edna tries to help Ned's children become more socially acceptable by changing some of the rules. I thought that this was a superb episode of "The Simpsons". It wasn't my favorite but I enjoyed it better than the previous episode "The Spy Who Learned Me". My score is a little low because the episode is a little boring in some parts. In terms of humor, there were a lot of parts that made me laugh. The parts that made me laugh was Homer as the role of Jesus Christ and everyone being impressed by his acting, the cross injuring Ned, Rod (or Tod) saying "It's rude to call a grown -up by their first name" and then they overhear Homer and Bart which are these following lines "Hey Homer, come and get your fat@$$ inside" "I told you not to call me that boy" "which one? Homer or fat@$$" then Homer strangles Bart (that part cracked me up), Edna trying to teach the boys about reality and be more normal, "It's fun to skip and hold hands with hands with your brother" (another part that cracked me up), Moe's line about how he won't doesn't stick around for the last act of the episode, Lisa telling Homer that his role Jesus Christ is in every scene and then Homer shouts "Noo, why must I succeed in everything?", Homer and Marge's argument towards the end of the episode, and more. I also loved how Ned realized that marriage isn't perfect but things do work out when you stick by each other and be their for that someone. With the last season's finale being about Ned and Edna being together. This season barely showed Ned and Edna being together which is probably the thing that kinda disappointed me about this season. I just hope Season 24 will more have a lot more Nedna episodes or just show Ned and Edna in an episode even if it's a cameo. I would like to see more Nedna next season if that can happen and I'm sure the die-hard Nedna fans want to see that as well. The storyline was nice, it's got a good message about marriage not being perfect, and there was a lot of humor here plus there were a few times where I couldn't stop laughing at that moment because it was so hilarious. Overall, a superb Nedna episode of "The Simpsons" and hopefully we will see more Ned and Edna together in the next season. 9/10
  • More Cheap Shots at Christians

Before the episode develops the secret Ned-Edna hitch-up and who will take care of the kids, Homer steals Ned's slot as the lead in a sacrilegious rendition of a Christian Passion Play. Of course, because of Ned's historical character development, the cracks against supposedly spineless Christians continue throughout the rest of the episode. But who is really spineless? If the writers had any guts at all, they'd come back next week with an episode about Homer starring as Mohammed in an Islamic production. But of course they are too gutless and inconsistent in their application of multiculturalism for that to happen.
  • After Ned is injured in an accident Enda is forced to reveal she and Ned are now married. They soon learn marriage is a rocky road.

The penultimate episode of the twenty-third season turned out to be quite good. There is a great deal of clever dialogue and site gags. In my opinion having Ned and Edna as husband and wife was a great idea. Their scenes together after their marriage is revealed were the highlight of this episode. Another highlight is Bart's brief scene with Edna in which he convinces her to make Rod and Tod more socially acceptable. I also liked the allusion to last season's vote by Homer and Marge at the hospital. That scene made me all the more happy my fellow fans voted in favor of Ned and Edna getting together. If not for that, we would not have had this great episode.
MNT