The Simpsons

New Kids on the Blecch

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 25, 2001 on FOX

• Bart is in a boy band.

In this episode, Bart gets chased by a mob when they find out he cheated in the marathon and is saved by a passing stranger. He offers Bart the opportunity to join a boy band called the " Party Posse" as the band's bad boy. Other kids in the band are Nelson, Ralph, and Milhouse. They use NASA technology to enhance their voices so they might make it. And they do until Lisa finds out that they are really just being set up and used for recruiting people to the Navy. The manager goes insane when the government cuts off the funding and with help from N'Sync they save the staff at Mad Magazine from destruction.
  • Bart's Boy Band

A pretty good episode. Homer, as well as several other men in Springfield, run a race. Bart comes in from nowhere, in a disguise, and wins. Once it is revealed the winner was Bart, a mere child, the crowd is about to hurt him. Luckily a stranger comes {because of course Bart would go with him}. The stranger is L.T. Smash, and he wants Bart to be in a boy band. The boy band is called Party Posse, and consists of Bart, Milhouse, Ralph, and Nelson. They become really popular. One of their videos is on, and Lisa notices something strange. Yvan Eht Noij. What does that mean? Lisa notices that it is a subliminal message saying "Join the Navy," and that L.T. Smash, means Lieutenant Smash.

Basically, up until the "Join the Navy" parts this is a great episode, I think. Funny parts, good musical parts.
  • Bart joins a boy band.

When a talent agency discovers the musical abilities of Bart, Nelson, Milhouse and Ralph, it scurries to set them up as the next big boy band sensation, complete with a sinister subliminal propaganda campaign in mind: "Join the Navy".. Guest stars N'Sync This episode is really hated for no reason whatsoever. It had a decent plot line with loads of hilarious jokes. With that winning combination, its hard to believe this episode is so hated! You have to love the boys from N'sync and just the boy band parody overall. Really good satire on how the army and navy use the media to recruit people. A pretty good episode. Watch it.
  • A good episode as the kids become music pops stars. This episode started out good, but got messy at the end

After cheating in the Springfield Marathon, Bart becomes the target of an angry mob. He is rescued by L.T. Smash, a boy band creator that wants Bart to be the rebel persona in his newest group. Bart, ready for stardom, joins Milhouse, Ralph and Nelson to form "The Party Posse". After getting some tips from the band 'N Sync, their first single and video debuts. Lisa soon discovers that the song contains hidden recruitment messages for the U.S. Navy. Things become chaotic when the Navy pulls the plug on "Project Boy Band", sending L.T. on a mission of vengeance. The Party Posse must team up with 'N Sync to help capture L.T. and restore order to Springfield.
  • nice

nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice
  • The last straw.

This is the episode that finally forced me to admit that The Simpsons I loved was gone and never to return. For that reason, it remains the saddest half hour of television I have ever seen. It also helps that there isn't a single funny, clever or insightful moment in the entire episode. So far, I am the only reviewer not to give this dreadful episode a 10. These are painful times.
  • HAHA

Great,
    Funny, since ralf was in the band, and also in the part when the voice enchancer is turned on and off. The idea of pulling the voice enchancer and seeing them a second later sing bad was comic. ALso homer said "It doesn't mean nothing, like rama-ding-dong, or give peace a chance". i would hope for someone to submit where to see tis episode, because i would love to resee it. The best part anyways, was when bart jumped iin the car of lt. smash, avoiding the others, which where about to beat him up. Also, homer blames marge for not letting bart join the group, but then marge gives up and signs to make bart join.
  • WOW, this episode was so cool!

I usally don't reveiw older episodes that I see during the week, but this was the coolest simpsons episode I have ever seen, I loved the music video, and Bart's outfit looked really good, I wish he could wear more often, this is a very entertaing episode. It is definatly in my top ten favorite Simpson episodes along with, I Love Lisa, The Father, Son, And ..., Girls Just Want to Have Sums, I can't wait to see the simpsons movie and am looking forward to season 18, I hope they win the emmy this year also, bye bye bye.
  • Yvan Eht Nioj

this episode is hilarious with the subliminal messages to join the navy in Party Posse's music video's including brief uncle sam posters that flicker for a split second and dancers singing join the navy backwards. i like the fact that there's a superliminal way to get people to join the navy and that bart cheats in a marathon to win a tour of springfield while homer dehydrated looks like abe aka grampa. the mad magazine ending was hilarious, the fact that they kept using guns to flick switches and the cover itself (We Flush the Party Potty). a must-watch for any simpsons fan.
  • New Kids On The Blecch

This is my favourite episode of Season 12. It is entertaining and funny and it is real enjoyable to watch. I hope to get this episode on the Season 12 box set. I liked all the episodes of Season 12 but this one was the best. As I said above it is real entertaining.