The Simpsons

Politically Inept, with Homer Simpson

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 08, 2012 on FOX

7.6
  • loved it! LOVED IT!

It was the best episode ever in the Simpsons history. I've seen a lot of episodes too. It was just amazing. I couldn't have come up with that. They just mock everything that they could, and I love it when they do that. A perfect episode. It takes a lot for me to give something a ten.
  • simpsons politicaly inept with homer simpson

this was an okay episode i did laugh in the begining when homer was yelling when he wanted to go to the restroom i thought that was pretty funny i did think it was boring in some parts but it was an okay episode
  • Excelente capitulo

Para los que les gusta la crtica poltica, este es un capitulo muy inteligente.
  • Another great episode

Homer lands his own political talk show after a video featuring his impassioned rant on poor treatment at the airport goes viral. As his talk show quickly gains popularity nationwide, Homer becomes the spokesperson for the Gravy Movement and the voice of America's newest political party. But when ill-informed Homer is asked to select the next Republican nominee for President and officially endorses right-wing rock star Ted Nugent, Marge and Lisa worry that Homer's opinion and influence might be more powerful than he realizes. Another perfect episode of the Simpsons here. I liked/laughed Homer packing books, Homertrying to go the restroom, ranting, Homer escaping the plane, Homer at the news report, the stars hitting panda, alien, and a man, Homer crying on the show, and some more. Overall, an excellent episode with nice storyline to it. 10/10
  • After a video of Homer throwing a tantrum on an airplane becomes popular, he is offered a show on a right wing television network.

As I have said in previous episode reviews, I am no fan of the tired old plot formula where Homer gets a new job, he is a huge success at it but by episode's end he's back to who he was. I am giving this episode a high score because it is loaded with terrific laughs through out. The scenes at the right wing cable network studios were very well done. From the hilarious news crawl at the bottom of the screen to the character modeled after Arianna Huffington, you will not stop laughing. Ted Nugent has a small almost insignificant appearance in this episode but he had a few funny sound bites of his owm. The problem of the formula plot is visible once again, but along the way the viewer gets some of the best and most well written laughs of the season and possibly the sereis itself.
  • It's pretty good

Sometimes people analize shows too much. They're put on the air for our enjoyment and sometimes we should just lay back and watch, and not pickout every little useless detail about the show.
  • this was more or less the definition of 'average simpsons' if you ask me

What i liked- toothpaste apparently being a feminine product, the Kurt Vonnegut reference, "Strangers are judging our marriage!", "You should have thought of that before you drank the fluids you need to live", the hotdogs spinning counterclockwise whenever Homer is near, Homer being headbutted, the Steve Jobs/iGhost joke, homer mimicking the Irish, "When a guy who loves America cries, that makes him super straight," Homer crying about being out of gravy, Oscar Madison, the Mormon line, "That's what a play within a play is for!"

This was decently funny. Unfortunately the plot was pretty awful. It was basically Homer yelling and being obnoxious for the entire episode. Mind you, this is a comedy so jokes do matter, but I mean, so does the plot, and for me the plot wasn't great. The ending with Ted Nugent also seemed pretty abrupt. A C+/B- or so is my final grade. In the humor department it is pretty good, but the plot was stupid

• Brilliant storyline and brilliant humor... what more could you ask for?

Homer lands his own political talk show after a video featuring his impassioned rant on poor treatment at the airport goes viral. As his talk show quickly gains popularity nationwide, Homer becomes the spokesperson for the... more Gravy Movement and the voice of America's newest political party. But when ill-informed Homer is asked to select the next Republican nominee for President and officially endorses right-wing rock star Ted Nugent, Marge and Lisa worry that Homer's opinion and influence might be more powerful than he realizes. I thought that this was an excellent episode of "The Simpsons". It was a little bit better than the Christmas episode "Holidays of Future Passed" and it was very funny. The storyline was brilliantly thought out and nothing really offensive in this episode since it does have to deal with politics. My score is only a tiny bit low because it did kinda drag and get a tad boring in a couple of parts but other than that tiny flaw... this episode was excellent. Not the best of this season but it was pretty close. "Ten-Per-Cent Solution" was a little more funnier though. I really enjoyed seeing Homer make his opinion at the airport and how it went viral. The parts that did make me laugh was when Millhouse is watching the video of Homer making his speech at the airport and then watches some video with a bear on a trampoline, the kids being used as arrows (one of the most genius humor I've seen from this show), and many many more. If you're a Simpsons fan then you will surely enjoy this installment. Overall, a brilliantly made and very funny episode of "The Simpsons". 9.5/10
  • It had its ups and downs

The only reason why I rated this a 10 is because I love every single Simpson episode no matter how good or bad it is.

To me, it is still a cultural phenomenon and it is by far, still way funnier than Family Guy and Family Guy is only on there 10th season but I digress.

The only thing that I thought was a bit boring was the beginning with The Simpsons going on an airport but when Homer went on the news it started to pick up a little and the most hilarious thing in this episode was the small news texts that were rolling on the bottom of the screen.

Honestly, it was HORRIBLE compared to the last episode and the only reason is, is because that Christmas episode was INCREDIBLY AMAZING! I'm still in shock from how amazing it was.

Seriously, I can't believe I actually witnessed an episode that has a higher rating than any other Simpson episode in history! It even has a better ratings than classic episodes!! I don't mean this episode was actually horrible, I mean it was horrible COMPARED to the Christmas one, just if any reader is confused lol.

As long as I laughed at there jokes and gags, that is all that matters to me, and as long as it isn't boring or REALLY recycled like family guy, then I'm good. :)
FOX