The Simpsons

$pringfield (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling)

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Dec 16, 1993 on FOX

• Casino Royale

This is another episode I really like. It's was strangely prolific on the leagaling gambling because now we pritty much have casinos in just about every state. However it really satired on gambling addiction.

There are just lots of memorable and funny moments with this episode. Like that little subplot with Burns whom is psychologically deteriorated which parodies on Howard Hughes. One favorate moment was when Mr. Burns then holds a gun to Smithers to jump into a model plane, I can't help but wonder how the heck does he expect him to do that.

And another subplot with Bart creating a Casino of his own, what the heck their able to gamble with is anyones guess. But I liked the fact that he was able to get Robert Golet to his Casino which is funny. Late Great Robert Golet even though it was a cammeo role, he really did a good job he was in character and his presense make things all the more funny, loved what Nelson says to him, it always cracks me up.

Nelson: Your manager tells you to shut up!

We see what happens with Marge as she has litterally contracted a gambling addiction. I'll admit seeing what Marge is going though is a bit funny and sad at the same time because it's true, there are some people that can't tear away from the slot machines and are on them hours on end.

And as we see with her absence, things deteriorate at the Simpsons residence. Like Homer and the family mistakenly thing the Boogyman has invaded their house, and then we see them actually taking cover and Homer is pointing a gun and probably used it a few times. That was just funny and sort of a small parody on slasher films.

The best part for me was in the final minutes, which weren't just funny but demonstrated that Homer does truely care for his daughter.

We see the costume he has constructed for Lisa which unfortunately isn't very good but hey at least he tried. Lisa cries because Marge broke her promise to her, this then makes Homer sad and he then says my favorate monalogue in this episode which is hillarous and just comic gold.

Homer: Your mother has became a victim of the gambling monster, I call him Gamblore, and it's time to rescue her from his neon claws!

And then we see an action like sequence Homer searching for Marge while destroying everything in his path, well not exactly more like just random acts which make it all the more funny. I can't help but feel that moment kinds is a parody on action films where the hero would sometimes go from point A to B while shooting, punching and kicking the enimies that just pop out or are stationed at certain places along the hero's path.

You'll definately get your money's worth with this episode.