The Simpsons

Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 28, 1996 on FOX

• One of my favorites

This episode was excellent the whole time, and has easily earned a spot in my top 10. In the episode, one of granpa's old war buddies dies, and when there's only one remaining, that one is the sole possesor of treasure they stole from the Germans back in WWII. And the only two who remain are Mr. Burns and Granpa Simpson. Who will get the treasure first? I really liked how epic the whole story was, especially the last act of the episode. The only thing I disliked was the ending that some rich german gets the treasure, although I did expect Granpa to lose the treasure, just not that way. Overall, an awesome episode. A+
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the simpson bart is spending time with grampa and he tells about his days in the war and he tells a story about how his men are going to inhearit a small fortune of priceless art. and him and mr burns goes to the tomb and because one of the last remaing people died. that was part of the group bart starts to belive what grampa is telling him. and decieds to go with him and then mr burns trys to kill grampa and they end up in a big boat chase and bart gets the treasure and thing is the us goverment comes and gives the paintings back to the owner this was a very good ep . one of my favorites
  • Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"

Grampa realizes Bart thinks he is an old coot. But when Mr. Burns is out to get him, he tells Bart the story of the Flying Hellfish, and how he has to outlive Burns and he gets the bonanza. So now it is a race to get to the bonanza between Grampa and Burns. In the end, everything is back to normal when the owner of the bonanza, paintings, comes, and Bart tells Grampa he really loves him.

I really like this episode, especially the epic tone of the last act. My overall grade for this episode is an a+
  • Good episode

Bart brings his Grandpa to shcool for grandparents day and Bart thinks his Grandpa is makeing a lot of stuff up, which causes Bart to be embarassed. Abe then gets a letter in the mail saying that Asa has died, leaving him and Mr. Burns the last surving members of their WWII group, the Flying Hellfish. While they rid Germans of an old castle they found valuable paintings and went into a pact in which the last surving member would inherit the paintings all to himself. This was a good and exvitng episode to watch and one of my favorite that deals with Grandpa Simpson
  • Grandpa Abe, a grandson's hero.

I love pretty much everything that is related to World War II and when the Simpsons meet this war I go completely insane (in a good way). This is a very good episode, the plot is rather overdone and seems very unreal (something that will become the norm), but that is not a problem, it is the Simpsons' universe. I usually don't write these reviews about details and facts about the episode because I prefer to just write about what I liked or did not like.

Something I will always remember about this episode is wicked Mr. Burns dressed as our caring Marge Simpson.
  • The mystery of the Hellfish was great!!!!!!!!!

After Grandpa's old army buddy passes away, the biggest secret in old Abe's life is revealed. During the Second World War, he was a member of the Flying Hellfish, a platoon that included Mr. Burns and several other men. Seizing a Nazi mansion, the Hellfish stole some priceless paintings and locked them away. The agreed that only the last living Hellfish would get to call the stash his own. The only problem is, Grandpa and Mr. Burns are both still alive, and Mr. Burns would like to have the paintings now. Grandpa, with some help from Bart, escapes Burns' attempts on his life and finds the hidden paintings on his own. A violent confrontation with Burns ensues, but the paintings don't go to either aging Hellfish. Representatives from the government break up the fight and give the prized paintings to an obnoxious German guy who is the grandson of the works' original owner.
  • Abe, and Bart go to find the treasure of the Flying Hellfish.

Bart continuse to get embarassed by Grandpa, and is angry about it. After Grandpa finds out that Asa Phelps has died, he, and Mr. Burns are the last ones of the Tong Teen they made back in WWII With their platoon of people from Springfield. With the help of Bart, Grandpa plans to get the Hellfish treasure, before Burns can get it, because every one on the platoon didn't want Burnsie to win the treasure.
  • Paint a picture! I'll last longer!

The forcus of this epsiode is again on Abe Simpson when he found out that he are Mr. burns are the sole survior of a group of Worl War Two fighters calling themselves the Hellfish. Mr. Burns who wants to be the sole survivor, hired someone to kill Abe. Bart Simpson came into the scene after another assassination attempt on Abe. Bart and Abe go out to get the trwausre, which was value art paints that the Hellfish stole during World War Two. the episode ended up as a climax boat chase. this is a good Simpson epiusode, not enough to get a 10. I'll give it a 8.5.
  • This episode is among my favorites!

Grandpa is specially stupid in this episode, I don't know why, but I just love the way that Grandpa is, he is my favorite Simpsons after Homer, and this explains why he is Homer's dad. What I like about this episode was the fact about Mr. Burns being one of the hellfish, though in previous episodes he is unable to even recognize Grandpa, but still is really cool episode! The thing about Grandpa trying to get killed was awesome because one of the most professional assassins of the world is unable to kill Grandpa, and then Grandpa comes in running toward the Simpsons' home saying that someone is trying to kill him and no one pays him any attention. That's cool! One of my all time favorite episodes!
  • long title and long laughs guaranteed.

abraham simpson, my favourite senile old man that appears on the simpsons (sorry jasper) is really looked into as a character and his senility is examined more thoroughly with scenes such as the funeral and classroom scenes. bart, my favourite ten year old prankster with a senile grandfather that appears on the simpsons, is also featured predominantly in the episode along with my favourite evil plant owner, charles montgomery burns. this has some great senile jokes and reveals more about grampa's character before he was the old senile man we all know and love. this is an installment guaranteed to having you rolling on the ground laughing.
CW