The Simpsons

Sunday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Dec 17, 1989 In Season

kaybee29

The Simpsons Fan Reviews (2079)

• Best series EVER!!!!!!!

I think the title says it all
  • This show is great!

Even though the show has dropped in creativity and in the joke department, it's still worthy of an 8.
  • Bring back Hank Scropio!!!!!

this has lots of story left. someone please write something about him coming back or homer having to go to court for being involved with is company. i loved Hank, he was funny

• Going down and fast

I used to love the show. Episodes were well written and actually had a plot. Watched few episodes from the current season... no plot, no jokes, just milking the characters stereotypes.
  • I rank all episodes of The Simpsons

10. Life On The Fast Lane (Season 1)

9. The Call Of The Simpsons (Season 1)

8. Moaning Lisa (Season 1)

7. Homer's Odyssey (Season 1)

6. Homer's Night Out (Season 1)

5. Bart The General (Season 1)

4. Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire (Season 1)

3. Bart The Genius (Season 1)

2. There's No Disgrace Like Home (Season 1)

1. The Telltale Head (Season 1)
  • May have slumped in recent years, but still better than 90% of what's on TV

The Simpsons is perhaps the greatest animated series of all time, and has shown that cartoons aren't just for kids. As is probably already known, it is about a dysfunctional family in a suburban town named Springfield. It satirizes many things in pop culture, the USA and everyday life, and in addition to humour, provides genuinely touching moments. While it is true that The Simpsons today is nowhere near as great as it was in the 90's, it is still a very good show and has great moments, adapting to changing times while keeping the same basic feel. If The Simpsons was a celebrity, it is not a washup. I would compare it to Paul McCartney, who was once a music god, and while he is not as active as he was back in the day, he still has it. Overall, The Simpsons is still a great show, and shows that broadcast TV is still worth watching despite most of the masterpieces moving to cable. If it is cancelled, broadcast TV would go into a coma.
  • This show is immortal

I'm telling ya, this show will never, ever end. It's so funny, so cool, and it's still family-oriented. FOX must really love this show, and will never cancel it, though it's clearly unknown when they will ever finish the show. Don't get me wrong, I really love this show, but it has been on since the 1980's.
  • this show literally should have ended already

it stopped being funny in '98 sorry

it's getting old.
  • 25 years of awesome

It's the best cartoon ever! No show lasts this long if there's nothing special in it.
  • My favorite show of all time.

This show is the best ever. Nothing will ever beat this. Family Guy doesn't beat this, SpongeBob doesn't beat this, this show is the best ever, and it's impossible to be a better show. But even though this show is the best show ever, there have been plenty of bad episodes. Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming, Old Yeller Belly, ugh, terrible episodes, a recent season has my worst episode of all time. But there are very few bad episodes, and this is a perfect show.
  • It's decent

It's alright, but it's nothing to rave about.
  • La serie televisiva per eccellenza.

Assieme ai Griffin,I Simpson la pi bella serie televisiva di capolavoro fenomenale.
  • Just Awsome.

Simply awsome.
  • The best animated family sitcom out there.

The Simpsons is one of those shows recognized by everyone out there and never fails to amuse or make them laugh. This show is about a dysfunctional family that get go on crazed adventures around their town Springfield. This show is very creative and keeps everything unique. The show does a good job bringing in pop culutar references and making them funny. Each Simpson has a loveable personality an brings in their own type of humor that comes out as really funny. My two favorite characters off this show would have to be Homer, the moronic dad who does the funniest things that are garunteed to have you laughing until you can't breathe, and Bart, the troublemaker of the group that is often caught doing extreme stunts and saying inappropriate stuff, but even they can keep him funny and likeable. The humor this cartoon consists of is parodies of American culture, society, television, and several other aspects of human life, and the creators do a great job at keeping it funny and almost never repetitive. Sure, they may repeat jokes on ocassion, but at least they bring in new humor in every episode. The voice acting is great and definitely fits the characters. The animation flows very nicely and has aged well throughout the years. The artwork is beautiful and has a lot of color to it, and the locations are very creative. Everything this show consists of is so unique and creative I don't think there will ever be a show like this ever again. The Simpsons has also been the influential material for several other adult animated sitcoms like Family Guy or South Park.

How can anyone not know about this show? It has been around for about 25 years, its the most highest rated animated series out there, it had a movie and several merchendise, and is aired worldwide so it's impossible for anyone to not know about this cartoon. With all words, I highly reccomend The Simpsons to anyone who has yet to see it, no wonder it's the most popular animated sitcom. The Simpsons is a classic to behold!
  • Too Long

As good as this show is, this has been on WAY too long. Over 20 YEARS? OMG! One of the characters will die soon I know it.....
  • It's... nice?

But for some reason it never made me laugh.
  • This Show Will Be Used to Study How Life Was 100 Years From Now

Brilliant television series that could probably be best described as "The Flintstones" gone stark-raving mad. "The Simpsons", everyone knows them. Some love the series and some could care less about it. Love it or hate it, it is near impossible to criticize the intelligence and creativity of this series. The titled animated family makes their home in Springfield, USA and gets into situations that are seemingly more outlandish and crazier than the previous adventure. Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie are still going strong after nearly a dozen years of television life and with each passing moment it seems that the series sets some new precedent. For several years the show seemed to be the only attraction to the then obscure Fox Network. It was the first primetime animated show that was treated like a sitcom since "The Flintstones" quietly left the air in 1966. Many people feared the series when it first premiered in 1989 because they felt that it was hardcore adult material in a candied form that would appeal to younger audiences. Well for the most part this was true. However, "The Simpsons" would prove to be much more for all audiences. The great thing about the series is that it caters to all audiences. True there are usually situations that may not be suitable for all viewers, but then again that is true with everything on television this side of Disney Land and Sesame Street. "The Simpsons" works because of great comedy of course, but also great lessons that can be taken from most of the episodes. The people within the program may be animated, but they are just as complicated and vulnerable as the people watching them. All the regulars have their quirks, but in some episodes you can understand what certain characters are going through because the show is so life-like at times. Former President George Bush (the one from 1988-1992) once made a statement that families should be more like "The Waltons" and less like "The Simpsons". His opinion is somewhat old-fashioned and unrealistic. In other words, many topics dealt with in "The Simpsons" fit life for people in the 1990s and 2000s better than "The Waltons" did in the 1970s. A crowning achievement in television art. 5 stars out of 5.

It's a very clever and intelligent show - they never dumb anything down - and as creator Matt Groening has remarked, "The Simpsons is a show that rewards paying There are always enough obscure pop-culture references or subtle background gags to ensure that the second, third, or tenth viewing of an episode will find you noticing something you hadn't before.

Simpsons" is a pale shadow of its former greatness. It gradually slipping this way for several years, but it wasn't until the 2002 and 2003 seasons that the show really smashed up against the rocks for good. I used to delight in each new episode of "Simpsons". But now the show clunks along each week in what appears to be filling time. The free-wheeling gags it used to deliver with such ease are now weighted down by an unnecessary over importance on story. The show at its best may get off a funny, sharp one-liner every now and then. It's biggest asset currently is it's willingness and given latitude to slam its own network. I do delight in their "Joe Millionaire" on-air promo parodies or a recent episode where Homer calls to give the network an idea and the recording says something like "If you know of another network's reality show we can rip off, press

With all my collection of video tapes and I seem to find myself digging through my Simpsons box, when I need something to watch. It would be hard to pick a favorite episode, because of so many. It would be even harder to pick a least favorite because there is very few that could be less appealing. But boring is one thing that the Simpsons could never be considered. The writers have changed ideas, episode structure, and kept the Simpsons on a continuous exciting adventure. Anytime of the day or no matter what seems to be the mood , the Simpsons is always satisfying to to view even over and over and hours on end.
  • Best ep season 25

This episode was by far my most favorite in season 25 and probably most favorite episode since the 23rd seasons episodes. Pritty good havn't had a favorite in a season over the past 2 years.
  • Respect

Any show that lasts over 20 seasons and is still continues to be entertaining and funny earns my respect. Many other shows that last for a long time such as SpongeBob or Family Guy tend to decline in quality. The episode plots become more simplistic, the character's personalities are botched up beyond recognition, and you can basically tell that the writers don't care anymore. But with this show I can watch an episode from any season and it will still feel like the same show. In fact one of the newer episodes they made about internet piracy I would consider one of this show's best. The fact that this show can last for so long and still be of quality is one of the things that makes it so good.

The reason this show lasted so long is because of how well developed it is. The episode plots are creative, They go well beyond the typical sitcom. The character development is excellent. All of the characters, even supporting characters such as Moe and Mr. Burns have personalities. Homer although is a jerk sometimes is generally a warm, likeable character. Bart is annoying, disgusting, and immature, but he is presented in a way that makes it funny. Nelson, unlike many other bully characters has a personality beyond just being a bully. There are other great characters too.

The best thing about this show however is that it manages to be both entertaining and funny without using a lot of vulgarities and sex humor. Groening's strategy of humor is to use creativity and good writing to make something funny. Unlike McFarlane's strategy which is to throw a bunch of fart and sex jokes into something and that will make it funny. I find myself laughing a lot more in an episode of the Simpsons than family guy or American dad.

With it's well developed plot, good use of characters, and witty, creative humor. The Simpsons was and always will be an animation classic.
  • And the next episodes will be... when,

9.5/10

LOVED the google glass ep, very contemporaneous: I went straight to Youtube afterwards to find out all I could about Augmented Reality!

But when will the next eps be on (for Fam Guy & Am Dad too?) Both the upcoming Simpsons crossovers, with Futurama & Family Guy, sound, at least potentially, like they should be absolutely off the hook! But for right now, I'm more interested to know when the next episodes of Simpsons, Fam Guy & Am Dad are actually gonna be on!!? It's been 2 wks since any new eps, but even here on there is no further info re any upcoming episodes (except under family guy, which gives the FG/Simpsons crossover - screening in mid-October 2014 - as the next episode (which has been saying that since Septermber of LAST year!)! I can't be the only one who's confused,
  • Personal favorites

Most ep til 09 (99-14)
  • The One & Only Simpsons! (Includes Seasons Reviews)

The Simpsons is by far one of the greatest cartoons ever created within the last 20 years and it continues to exceed by producing quality episodes and amazing gags. In my first ever review, i review the seasons.

Season 1 (7.5) - This season does not really have any memorable episodes, but it is a great way to start off a great series.

Season 2 (8.0) - An improvement from season 1, this season starts to show what the Simpsons is capable of.

Season 3 (8.5) - A massive improvement from Seasons 1 & 2. This is when the humour picks up and when the characters start to develop.

Season 4 (9.0) This is a great season and includes great episodes such as Marge and the Monorail.

Season 5 (9.5) This is the Simpsons in there peak, characters are perfect, the storylines are good, the gags are at there best and it also is my personal favourite season.

Season 6 (9.0) I do like this season, however i prefer season 5. It has great episodes however. I don't like how they made fun of us Australians in 'Bart vs Australia' however.

Season 7 (8.5) Bill Oakley and did achieve what there aim was, to include emotional episodes and focus on the family. This would be explored even further in Season 8.

Season 8 (8.0) I covered this in Season 7 review, but this season has some episodes that are somewhat mediocre.

Season 9 (8.5) Season 9 was a good season, the humour does pick up again.

Season 10 (8.5) I personally don't understand why people say this is the start of the decline. Ok, i admit this season did have some mediocre episodes, but it was still overall good, way better then the newer seasons!

Season 11 (7.5) Oh Yes, the season with the wacky homer plots and heavy gags. I can see why people don't like S11.

Season 12 (8.0) It's an improvement from last season, the only episode I didn't like was Homer Vs Dignity.

Season 13 (7.5) Ok, this is when they decline. Mediocre takes over in this season.

Season 14 (8.0) Much better then Season 13, I really like Moe Baby Blues and there are over good episodes.

Season 15 (8.0) Same as Season 14, it had some good episodes.

Season 16 (8.5) For some reason i really like this season, i like Mommie Beerest and Mobile Homer. the only episode i didn't like was The Father, the Son, and the Holy Guest Star, boring...

Season 17 (7.5) The decline comes back again. But it's really half-half and it does contain some really creative episodes such as The Seemingly Never-Ending Story and We're on the Road to D'ohwhere.

Season 18 (7.5) Same as Season 17, it's really is up to your taste of episodes in this season.

Season 19 (6.5) Don't get me started on this season! Not only did it contain the episode that destroyed the simpsons back story 'That 90's Show' but the rest were mediocre at best. I mean Ralph for President! The only decent episode was Eternal 'Moonshine of the Simpson Mind'.

Season 20 (7.0) I think the HD transformation really did reboot the series again and there is some nice emotional story lines in Season 20. Although, if your a old Simpsons fan, it's probably not for you.

Season 21 (7.0) This season is mediocre but I do like 'The Bob Next Door'.

Season 22 (7.0) Season 22 was Mediocre as well, I HATE! 'Elementary School Musical'. But, I think this is when they should of stopped.

Season 23 (7.0) Season 23's only good episodes were 'How I wet your Mother' and 'Holidays of Future Passed' which they can easily be compared to earlier seasons.

Season 24 (3.5) HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!! Don't even attempt to watch this!

Season 25 (3.0) So far TERRIBLE! I mean, Homer delivering a baby?!

Conclusion : Whether it's poking fun or emotionally done, The Simpsons is and will be a great series for years to come!
  • The Greatest Animated Comedy of All Time

Even with the decline in quality, I still give this a ten out of ten. The reason is because this has had a very great impact on the world since it premiered in 1989. It was a spin-off to the Tracy Ullman Show until it got its own show. The Simpsons has also been the inspiration for many adult animated sitcoms, such as Family Guy and South Park. It's the longest running American sitcom, the longest running American animated series, and the longest running American scripted television series. There is even talk of the Simpsons getting their own television channel. I don't care about the decline and honestly, I can't imagine my life without the Simpsons. It is one of my all time favorite shows and I can never feel anything bad about it.

• Best show.

I've really gotten back into it. Too bad Krabappel is going to die though I really did like her. Comic Book Guy is awesome. I like Homer, Bart, and Lisa + Ned a little bit. I don't like Marge that much because she tries a little too hard to be funny at some times. I HATE MOE, not because he is ugly but because he is a perv. Barney has one hell of a singing voice even though he is kinda ***ed. I love Abe. I have gotten into Mona Simpson.
  • FOREVER LIVE SIMPSONS!!!

WHY WOULD FOX WANT TO EVEN THINK ABOUT CANCELING THIS SHOW? IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN, IT IS, AND ALWAYS BE THE BEST ANIMATED SITCOM OF ALL TIME
  • I like it but...

You know when you chew a piece of gum, after a while it starts to lose its flavor, SO you throw it out, and get a new piece. The simpsons has running since 1989. When will they stop?
  • Over stayed it's welcome!

I liked old episodes of this show but believe this show started it's death back in the late 90s or at least early 2000's. Cliche' used up jokes, bland stories, plastic looking characters at this point, and it leans too much on CGI to smooth out any character. This show is mostly watched by older folks who can't let it go, people who love it simply "because" and can't see that this show hasn't been funny in a decade. Now that said I am older too but at least I have eyes & ears and realize this show sucks. This show should have gone out on top a very long time ago instead of clinging on so long and seriously over staying it's welcome. I believe the network simply wanted it to become the longest running sit com on tv so they just dragged it out for years and years until it's just an empty shadow of it's former self. Also it's pretty sad that most episodes these days needs to reference pop culture, feature some famous actor, or do a movie spoof every other episode as a serious CRUTCH as it clings to the life support of Pop Culture. Simply because the Simpsons can no longer stand on it's own, this show clings onto contemporary shows, movies, and themes that are very popular much like a person who doesn't know how to swim clings onto a life preserver. The Simpsons are annoying, obnoxious, and down right irritating at this point much like that loud mouth at any party who laughs real loud at his or her own jokes thinking he is the life of the party but no one wants to be rude and tell him he sucks so everyone just smiles and lets him/her get away with it. And the only one's showing support at the people that knew him or her back when they might have been actually fun to be around but can't stand to see their friend go. But in reality this douchebag has over stayed their welcome.
  • One of the best sitcoms in History!

The simpsons is simply a classic. It's amazing how they have been able to create a such quality show for so long and still being as innovative as always. Once you have started to watch a new episode you can never guess how it can end.

• LOLtastic!

Just amazing!
  • It's still one of my favorite shows, even though It's going downhill

I really love The Simpsons so much and It's one of the best cartoons in my opinion. This show is about The Simpsons family (Family members are Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie) and Springfield town. I think It's a very good idea. This show is orijinal, funny and enjoyable. All characters are likeable, the anination is very good (in fact, It's getting better) and most of episodes of this show are very good. I still like this show, even though It went downhill. I know some people think this show is downhill and they don't like new seasons much. I can understand them but I still enjoy watching this show. Me and my brother always laugh when we watch this show. I don't think this show is getting better and I still like old seaons (season 1-8) more than new seasons (season 9-present) because new seasons has more bad episodes than old episodes but this show is still good and to be honest I think all seasons are good. I like all main characters of this show. Homer is a very funny character and It's one of the funniest characters of this show. He is unlikeable sometimes and there are too many Homer episodes in season 10, 11 and 12 but I still like him. Bart is my favorite character. He and his pranks are very funny. Maggie is a baby and doesn't talk much but Maggie always make me laugh. There is a short film called The Longest Daycare and It's about Maggie and that short film was perfect. I really like Marge and Lisa too but they are not funny as Homer, Bart or Maggie. I also like most of recurring characters and my favorite recurring characters are Ralph, Sideshow Bob, Willie, Comic Book Guy, Millhouse and Crazy Cat Lady. This show has a movie and I thought this movie was great. I don't think It's perfect as most of old episodes but It is enjoyable and I recommend the movie. I just hope the writers make more good episodes and less bad/mediocre episodes until this show ends. I definetly recommend this show, especially season 1-8.

My thoughts on all seasons:

Season 1: This is the first season of this show and I think this show started out good. It's not my favorite season and It's not a funny season in my opinion but It's enjoyable. I recommend it (8.1/10). My favorite episode: "Krusty Gets Busted"

Season 2: Much better than season 1. This show became more enjoyable after this season. I do not think this season was very funny too but It has some funny episodes (8.8/10). My favorite episode: "Itchy and Scratchy and Marge"

Season 3: This show became funny after this season. All episodes were good in my opinion (9.3/10). My favorite episode: "Radio Bart"

Season 4: Wow. This season was very funny. One of my favorite seasons. It has lots of great episodes. Many people says "Last Exit to Springfield" is the best episode. I don't think it's the best episode becuase I've seen better but this episode is one of my favorite episodes too. I recommend this season (9.5/10). My favorite episode: "Lisa's First Word"

Season 5: In my opinion, this season is the best season ever. Most of season 5 episodes are perfect and very funny. My favorite episode: "Cape Feare"

Season 6: My second favorite season. In my opinion, this season could have been the best, If "Another Simpsons Clip Show" never existed (I don't hate this episode but It's not a great and there were more perfect episodes than season 5 but It's still a funny season (9.7/10). My favorite episode: "Treehouse of Horror V"

Season 7: It's not better than season 4, 5 and 6 but I love this season too. I think you will like season more than me (9.5/10). My favorite episode: "Treehouse of Horror VI"

Season 8: Better than season 7. It's my third favorite season. This season was very funny and It has many perfect episodes (9.7/10). My favorite episode: "The Springfield Files"

Season 9: This season could have been one of my favorite seasons, If "The Principal and The Pauper" and "All Singing, All Dancing" never existed (there were terrible episodes) and there were more perfect episodes in this season but It's still a great season. I think this is the start of decline (8.6/10). My favorite episode: "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson".

Season 10: I thought this season was decent because there were some great episodes in this season but there were some mediocre episodes too. I do not recommend this season. You won't probably like it. (7.8/10). My favorite episode: "Treehouse of Horror IX"

Season 11: In my opinion, this is the worst season EVER but It has some great episodes too. Some people says this season was bad and I can understand. There are too much Homer episodes in this season. Do not watch this season (7.2/10). My favorite episode: "Behind the Laughter"

Season 12: Better than season 11 and I thought this season was decent too but It's still not terrific (7.6/10). Favorite episode: "Trilogy of Error"

Season 13: In my opinion, this season was funny and It was an improvent over season 9-12. I recommend some of season 13 episodes (8.6/10). My Favorite episode: "I Am Furious (Yellow)".

Season 14: Not great as season 13 but It's still a great season and It's better than season 10, 11 and 12. (8.3/10) My favorite episode: "Barting Over"

Season 15. To be honest, I loved this season so much. Best season since season 8. I think most of season 15 episodes were actually enjoyable and funny. I think some people will like this season (9/10). My favorite episode "The Way We Weren't".

Season 16. Another great season. The only bad episode is "Homer and Ned's Mary Past" in my opinion. The rest of this season is really good (8.7/10). My favorite episode: "Future-drama"

Season 17: I like this season but It's not great as season 13, 15 and 16. I think there were no bad episodes in this season but there were some mediocre episodes (8.2/10). My favorite episode: "The Seemingly Never-Ending Story"

Season 18. Better than season 17. In my opinion, there were a few bad episodes in this season but this season has more perfect episodes than bad episodes (8.3/10). My favorite episode: "24 Minutes"

Season 19: Second worst of this season but I think It was a decent season too because there were some great episodes in this season. This season has some flaws. The season premire (first episode after the movie) was very disappointing and there's a season 19 episode called "That' 90's Show" and It ruined the continuty of this season. That episode is the "WORST EPISODE EVER". I don't recommend this season. (7.5/10). My favorite episode: "Eternal Moonshine or the Simpson Mind"

Season 20: This season is so underrated. I only saw one bad episode in this season and It was "Lisa the Drama Queen". I think the second half of this season (Widescreen version) is much funnier than first half (8.6/10). My favorite episode: "Eeeny Teeny Maya Moe"

Season 21: Another underrated season. It's not bad as people says but It's not a great season either. One of my least favorite seasons. In my opinion the only perfect episodes are Bart episodes (7.6/10). My favorite episode: "The Bob Next Door".

Season 22: Defiently better than season 21. Some episodes of this season were really funny and I recommend some of season 22 episodes, especially "Homer the Father. (8.1/10). My favorite episode: "A Midsummer's Nice Dream"

Season 23: I like this season. This episode has many great episodes but I don't think It's one of the best season because there were some bad and mediocre episodes in this season (8.3/10). My favorite epsiode: "Holidays of Future Passed"

Season 24: One of my least favorite seasons but It was a decent season in my opinion (7.7/10). My favorite episode: "Hardly Kirk-ing".

This show gets a 10/10.