The Simpsons

Sunday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Dec 17, 1989 In Season

kaybee29

The Simpsons Fan Reviews (2096)

• Hey writers Eat My Shorts !

4.5
    The new episodes of the show would be better if they did 3 simple things 1. make plots that are actually FUN no more episodes about Lisa in spelling bees or in math competitions 2. make more plots that are actually linear some episodes look like they just crammed random gags and events together together its a tv show not a freaking COMIC STRIP 3. stop over relying on pop culture references and celebrity guest ( It would be nice if the animation was better too but that probably wont change) Jeepers and people complain Spongebob Squarepants declined in quality if SB did decline in quality the Simpsons is doing way worse
  • REALLY PEOPLE COMMON ITS GOOD

i mean, season 26 has more better ideas then i could ever thing about, i mean common the simpsons going on a trip to a planet outside of the soler system. THATS GOOD
  • This show used to be amazing, but now it isn't even appealing

Back in the day, this show used to be the king. The master of comedy. It had a bunch of cool plots, original epic moments, and hilarious moments and jokes that can leave you in stitches. The show was meant mainly for adults with references you would have to be 18 to find out.

But nowadays the show is protrayed as something entirely different. A tired, desperate, kid pandering show. Yes, a show that was once popular among adults (its target audience at the time) is pandering at kids! Futurama is even edgier and more appealing. The great seasons would make you not want to watch Fanily Guy, but the current stuff just makes Family Guy look amazing. Literally. This is why Family has way more syndication, free streaming and a much higher fan base than The Simpsons does nowadays. Thats how unappealing the new seasons are. Let me demonstrate an example of the timeline of the series's ratings in my point of view:

Seasons 1-3: A nice start to a great series.

A

Seasons 4-7: Even better. Great plots, hilarious and smart jokes, memorable moments, edgieness that really works, great dialogue, and original songs like Mr. Plow and Monorail. The adult humor and mocking of pop culture was brilliant as well.

A++

Seasons 8-9: Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. These seasons have some really memorable episodes such as THOH VII, The Mysterious Voyage of Homer, You Only Move Twice, The City of NY vs Homer Simpson, THOH VIII and so on.

A++

Season 10-13: These are kind of toned down compared to the previous seasons, but still had some pretty decent episodes.

B

Season 14: This is where The Simpsons started to go downhill quite a bit...

C

Seasons 15-17: Not very good

D

The Movie: Pretty good actually. It was pretty epic in some scenes and it had some of the funniest jokes from The Simpsons since the golden era.

A

Seasons 18-19: Not very good either....

D

Season 20: Bad. Very bad. They run out of good jokes and plots and resort to cheap little dull things that only appeal to 8 year olds. Seasons like this are no surprise many fans turned away from the series and put on Family Guy instead.

F

Seasons 21-25: Pretty bad aswell. Slightly better than season 20 with rare gems such as Homer the Whopper, The Devil Wears Nada, A Midsummers Nice Dream etc.

D

Season 26: Still bad. It have a few decent ones such THOH XXV, Futurama meets The Simpsons ,The Man Who Came To Be Dinner, and Blazed and Confused. But the rest of it sucked. The Family Guy crossover was horrific and just proves to you Family Guy is the king now despite being inspired by it and The Simpsons is dead.

D

A show that was once really great has now become very mediocre. If its an episode from its heyday, watch it, but if its a new episode, watch South Park Family Guy, American Dad, Rick and Morty or Archer.
  • One of the best shows of all time

This is easily one of the greatest shows on TV, I absolutely love it and I've been watching it ever since I was very young. But I honestly do prefer family guy.
  • The Simpsons

Best show ever
  • This is the only show that's WORSE THAN EVERYBODY HATES FUCKING CHRIS!!!!!!

Why people love this show is beyond me, but there are 3 factors that just infuriate me about this abomination of a cartoon. 1. EVERYBODY'S A FUCKING ***!!!!!!! There is not one smart person in this show, so everybody can do whatever the hell they want and get away with it. In every cartoon I've seen in my entire lifetime, there's always someone who's the voice of reason; here, EVERYONE A FUCKING IDIOT!!!! 2. IT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY!!!!!! The only joke I found amusing was SpiderPig and Harry Plopper, but other then that, nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!! The jokes are bland, overused and poorly executed; I just cringe whenever they try to make me laugh at something that's supposed to be funny when in fact, IT ISN'T!!!!!!!!! 3. For an animated show, the animation is FUCKING AWFUL!!!!! Why the fuck is every body yellow??!!! I love SpongeBob but I also love variety, which this show clearly lacks!!!! I should also not that the character designs are ugly as fuck!! I'm all for unique character designs but DAMN DO THIS CHARACTERS LOOK FUCKING HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!! I don't recommend this show, in the very least; any other show would be better than this FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!!! I haven't seen Futurama made by the same creator, but after seeing this show, I'm not even a little fucking interested!! >:(
  • One of the funniest shows out there.

The Simpsons is one of the funniest shows on TV today. It is the one reason I look forward to Sunday night. Almost every episode has two independent plots which somehow meld together in the end for a finale that is nothing short of magnificent.
  • Consistently Brilliant

Well-drawn characters, dead-on dialogue, literate allusions and a hilariously subversive perspective make this the best half-hour on television. These talented people don't make a throw-away episode.
  • Mind Blowing

It is no longer possible for me to imagine a world without The Simpsons in it , I was hooked on the show ever since. It started to grow on me, and I haven't missed an episode in ten years.
  • Best Ever

A good show. NEVER gets old and ALWAYS beats cartoon *** network.
  • Tooo boring

2.5
    This show has become more irrelevant with every season renewal it gets. The jokes are unfunny zingers, you can throw away the first 15 minutes before it develops a plot, and the plots are just re-hashes of old material..
  • SimpsonsFanGirl!

I love the Simpsons. I've been a viewer since 03 =) I don't care what anyone else thinks I'm still going to be a fan for another 100 Seasons. :)
  • MAN! I love this except the enemies

Great, so I will rate 9 stars.
  • i love the simpsons

the simpsons is really good but if they think of taking that show off the air somthing is wrong with fox
  • amazing

i love the simpons
  • Unfunny.

This show has become more irrelevant with every season renewal it gets. The jokes are unfunny zingers, you can throw away the first 15 minutes before it develops a plot, and the plots are just re-hashes of old material. Who still watches even? Hipsters who watch it ironically? Dorks who fake being "geeky"? kids who think it's "mature" JUST END IT ALREADY.

• The BEST

A good show. NEVER gets old and ALWAYS beats cartoon *** network.
  • Best series EVER!!!!!!!

I think the title says it all
  • This show is great!

Even though the show has dropped in creativity and in the joke department, it's still worthy of an 8.
  • Bring back Hank Scropio!!!!!

this has lots of story left. someone please write something about him coming back or homer having to go to court for being involved with is company. i loved Hank, he was funny

• Going down and fast

I used to love the show. Episodes were well written and actually had a plot. Watched few episodes from the current season... no plot, no jokes, just milking the characters stereotypes.
  • I rank all episodes of The Simpsons

10. Life On The Fast Lane (Season 1)

9. The Call Of The Simpsons (Season 1)

8. Moaning Lisa (Season 1)

7. Homer's Odyssey (Season 1)

6. Homer's Night Out (Season 1)

5. Bart The General (Season 1)

4. Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire (Season 1)

3. Bart The Genius (Season 1)

2. There's No Disgrace Like Home (Season 1)

1. The Telltale Head (Season 1)
  • May have slumped in recent years, but still better than 90% of what's on TV

The Simpsons is perhaps the greatest animated series of all time, and has shown that cartoons aren't just for kids. As is probably already known, it is about a dysfunctional family in a suburban town named Springfield. It satirizes many things in pop culture, the USA and everyday life, and in addition to humour, provides genuinely touching moments. While it is true that The Simpsons today is nowhere near as great as it was in the 90's, it is still a very good show and has great moments, adapting to changing times while keeping the same basic feel. If The Simpsons was a celebrity, it is not a washup. I would compare it to Paul McCartney, who was once a music god, and while he is not as active as he was back in the day, he still has it. Overall, The Simpsons is still a great show, and shows that broadcast TV is still worth watching despite most of the masterpieces moving to cable. If it is cancelled, broadcast TV would go into a coma.
  • This show is immortal

I'm telling ya, this show will never, ever end. It's so funny, so cool, and it's still family-oriented. FOX must really love this show, and will never cancel it, though it's clearly unknown when they will ever finish the show. Don't get me wrong, I really love this show, but it has been on since the 1980's.
  • this show literally should have ended already

it stopped being funny in '98 sorry

it's getting old.
  • 25 years of awesome

It's the best cartoon ever! No show lasts this long if there's nothing special in it.
  • My favorite show of all time.

This show is the best ever. Nothing will ever beat this. Family Guy doesn't beat this, SpongeBob doesn't beat this, this show is the best ever, and it's impossible to be a better show. But even though this show is the best show ever, there have been plenty of bad episodes. Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming, Old Yeller Belly, ugh, terrible episodes, a recent season has my worst episode of all time. But there are very few bad episodes, and this is a perfect show.
  • It's decent

It's alright, but it's nothing to rave about.
  • La serie televisiva per eccellenza.

Assieme ai Griffin,I Simpson la pi bella serie televisiva di capolavoro fenomenale.
  • Just Awsome.