The Simpsons

Sunday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Dec 17, 1989 Returning September 25, 2016

kaybee29

The Simpsons Fan Reviews (2103)

• I like it but it's kind of obsessed over too much

Its a good and funny show, but sometimes, and I admit, sometimes I feel its a bit overrated. Don't get me wrong, I really love this show, but its not all to rave about. I still enjoy it a lot though.
  • the best

is the best series more has some not so legal episodes so
  • Beautiful show!!

Still great.
  • An all-time favorite of mine.

The Simpsons is just a great show. That's I can say. Great show, glad it's still running.
  • Just Awsome.

Simply awsome.
  • It's my family

i love Simpsons ! You people behind this are great please never stop to make smile on face !
  • I love it, but....

I really love this show and I've been watching it for a long time, but even though I find it hilarious, it just doesn't impress me as much as other shows, Idk what it is? I love it but I just can't get obsessed with it like I am with a lot of shows, and it doesn't amaze me either.
  • This show is immortal

I'm telling ya, this show will never, ever end. It's so funny, so cool, and it's still family-oriented. FOX must really love this show, and will never cancel it. As a person who loved this show since I was a little kid, I'm happy to announce that The Simpsons will officially end on the 30th season. Don't believe me, check it out. I really love The Simpsons, and it is one of the greatest shows in media history.
  • One of best shows

But new episodes are pretty unwatchable.
  • more like a tasteless doug ripoff

why are all of the characters yellow like doug did they get peed on i hate this show go watch family guy and bricklebery if you want a quality adult show
  • is it time yet? please

wow when will this derivative tripe be removed from television PLEASE!
  • Shut up Flanders I mean critics!

I loved the Simpsons ever since 5th grade and I still do. My favorite characters are Rod and Todd Flanders. I love seeing them in the episodes their voice actors (Pamela hayden and Nancy Cartwright) do a fantastic job. How could anyone hate Ned's kids? My favorite out of the two is Rod because he's cute (he's the cutest character on the show!). Do not hate on my for liking HIM!

I'm about to get personal here

All my life I've been bullied in school for liking Rod and I don't like being called a freak. When I came home from school one day I sat in my room and cried. Even the teacher said something bad about me and all the kids in my class just laughed. I never told anyone about this. But I can say rod helped me out in a difficult time.

• This show used to be amazing, but now it isn't even appealing

Back in the day, this show used to be the king. The master of comedy. It had a bunch of cool plots, original epic moments, and hilarious moments and jokes that can leave you in stitches. The show was meant mainly for adults with references you would have to be 18 to find out.

But nowadays the show is protrayed as something entirely different. A tired, desperate, kid pandering show. Yes, a show that was once popular among adults (its target audience at the time) is pandering at kids! Futurama is even edgier and more appealing. The great seasons would make you not want to watch Fanily Guy, but the current stuff just makes Family Guy look amazing. Literally. This is why Family has way more syndication, free streaming and a much higher fan base than The Simpsons does nowadays. Thats how unappealing the new seasons are. Let me demonstrate an example of the timeline of the series's ratings in my point of view:

Seasons 1-3: A nice start to a great series.

A

Seasons 4-7: Even better. Great plots, hilarious and smart jokes, memorable moments, edgieness that really works, great dialogue, and original songs like Mr. Plow and Monorail. The adult humor and mocking of pop culture was brilliant as well.

A++

Seasons 8-9: Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. These seasons have some really memorable episodes such as THOH VII, The Mysterious Voyage of Homer, You Only Move Twice, The City of NY vs Homer Simpson, THOH VIII and so on.

A++

Season 10-13: These are kind of toned down compared to the previous seasons, but still had some pretty decent episodes.

B

Season 14: This is where The Simpsons started to go downhill quite a bit...

C

Seasons 15-17: Not very good

D

The Movie: Pretty good actually. It was pretty epic in some scenes and it had some of the funniest jokes from The Simpsons since the golden era.

A

Seasons 18-19: Not very good either....

D

Season 20: Bad. Very bad. They run out of good jokes and plots and resort to cheap little dull things that only appeal to 8 year olds. Seasons like this are no surprise many fans turned away from the series and put on Family Guy instead.

F

Seasons 21-25: Pretty bad aswell. Slightly better than season 20 with rare gems such as Homer the Whopper, The Devil Wears Nada, A Midsummers Nice Dream etc.

D

Season 26: Still bad. It have a few decent ones such THOH XXV, Futurama meets The Simpsons ,The Man Who Came To Be Dinner, and Blazed and Confused. But the rest of it sucked. The Family Guy crossover was horrific and just proves to you Family Guy is the king now despite being inspired by it and The Simpsons is dead.

D

A show that was once really great has now become very mediocre. If its an episode from its heyday, watch it, but if its a new episode, watch South Park ,Family Guy, American Dad, Rick and Morty, Adventure Time or Archer.
  • REALLY PEOPLE COMMON ITS GOOD

i mean, season 26 has more better ideas then i could ever thing about, i mean common the simpsons going on a trip to a planet outside of the soler system. THATS GOOD
  • The Simpsons

Best show ever
  • This is the only show that's WORSE THAN EVERYBODY HATES FUCKING CHRIS!!!!!!

Why people love this show is beyond me, but there are 3 factors that just infuriate me about this abomination of a cartoon. 1. EVERYBODY'S A FUCKING ***!!!!!!! There is not one smart person in this show, so everybody can do whatever the hell they want and get away with it. In every cartoon I've seen in my entire lifetime, there's always someone who's the voice of reason; here, EVERYONE A FUCKING IDIOT!!!! 2. IT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY!!!!!! The only joke I found amusing was SpiderPig and Harry Plopper, but other then that, nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!! The jokes are bland, overused and poorly executed; I just cringe whenever they try to make me laugh at something that's supposed to be funny when in fact, IT ISN'T!!!!!!!!! 3. For an animated show, the animation is FUCKING AWFUL!!!!! Why the fuck is every body yellow??!!! I love SpongeBob but I also love variety, which this show clearly lacks!!!! I should also not that the character designs are ugly as fuck!! I'm all for unique character designs but DAMN DO THIS CHARACTERS LOOK FUCKING HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!! I don't recommend this show, in the very least; any other show would be better than this FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!!! I haven't seen Futurama made by the same creator, but after seeing this show, I'm not even a little fucking interested!! >:(
  • One of the funniest shows out there.

The Simpsons is one of the funniest shows on TV today. It is the one reason I look forward to Sunday night. Almost every episode has two independent plots which somehow meld together in the end for a finale that is nothing short of magnificent.
  • Consistently Brilliant

Well-drawn characters, dead-on dialogue, literate allusions and a hilariously subversive perspective make this the best half-hour on television. These talented people don't make a throw-away episode.
  • Mind Blowing

It is no longer possible for me to imagine a world without The Simpsons in it , I was hooked on the show ever since. It started to grow on me, and I haven't missed an episode in ten years.
  • Best Ever

A good show. NEVER gets old and ALWAYS beats cartoon *** network.
  • Tooo boring

2.5
    This show has become more irrelevant with every season renewal it gets. The jokes are unfunny zingers, you can throw away the first 15 minutes before it develops a plot, and the plots are just re-hashes of old material..
  • SimpsonsFanGirl!

I love the Simpsons. I've been a viewer since 03 =) I don't care what anyone else thinks I'm still going to be a fan for another 100 Seasons. :)
  • MAN! I love this except the enemies

Great, so I will rate 9 stars.
  • i love the simpsons

the simpsons is really good but if they think of taking that show off the air somthing is wrong with fox
  • amazing

i love the simpons
  • Unfunny.

This show has become more irrelevant with every season renewal it gets. The jokes are unfunny zingers, you can throw away the first 15 minutes before it develops a plot, and the plots are just re-hashes of old material. Who still watches even? Hipsters who watch it ironically? Dorks who fake being "geeky"? kids who think it's "mature" JUST END IT ALREADY.

• The BEST

A good show. NEVER gets old and ALWAYS beats cartoon *** network.
  • Best series EVER!!!!!!!

I think the title says it all
  • This show is great!

Even though the show has dropped in creativity and in the joke department, it's still worthy of an 8.
  • Bring back Hank Scropio!!!!!

this has lots of story left. someone please write something about him coming back or homer having to go to court for being involved with is company. i loved Hank, he was funny

FOX