The Simpsons

Sunday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Dec 17, 1989 In Season

kaybee29

The Simpsons Fan Reviews (2093)

• One of the best shows of all time

This is easily one of the greatest shows on TV, I absolutely love it and I've been watching it ever since I was very young. But I honestly do prefer family guy.
  • The Simpsons

Best show ever
  • This is the only show that's WORSE THAN EVERYBODY HATES FUCKING CHRIS!!!!!!

Why people love this show is beyond me, but there are 3 factors that just infuriate me about this abomination of a cartoon. 1. EVERYBODY'S A FUCKING ***!!!!!!! There is not one smart person in this show, so everybody can do whatever the hell they want and get away with it. In every cartoon I've seen in my entire lifetime, there's always someone who's the voice of reason; here, EVERYONE A FUCKING IDIOT!!!! 2. IT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY!!!!!! The only joke I found amusing was SpiderPig and Harry Plopper, but other then that, nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!! The jokes are bland, overused and poorly executed; I just cringe whenever they try to make me laugh at something that's supposed to be funny when in fact, IT ISN'T!!!!!!!!! 3. For an animated show, the animation is FUCKING AWFUL!!!!! Why the fuck is every body yellow??!!! I love SpongeBob but I also love variety, which this show clearly lacks!!!! I should also not that the character designs are ugly as fuck!! I'm all for unique character designs but DAMN DO THIS CHARACTERS LOOK FUCKING HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!! I don't recommend this show, in the very least; any other show would be better than this FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!!! I haven't seen Futurama made by the same creator, but after seeing this show, I'm not even a little fucking interested!! >:(
  • One of the funniest shows out there.

The Simpsons is one of the funniest shows on TV today. It is the one reason I look forward to Sunday night. Almost every episode has two independent plots which somehow meld together in the end for a finale that is nothing short of magnificent.
  • Consistently Brilliant

Well-drawn characters, dead-on dialogue, literate allusions and a hilariously subversive perspective make this the best half-hour on television. These talented people don't make a throw-away episode.
  • Mind Blowing

It is no longer possible for me to imagine a world without The Simpsons in it , I was hooked on the show ever since. It started to grow on me, and I haven't missed an episode in ten years.
  • Best Ever

A good show. NEVER gets old and ALWAYS beats cartoon *** network.
  • Tooo boring

2.5
    This show has become more irrelevant with every season renewal it gets. The jokes are unfunny zingers, you can throw away the first 15 minutes before it develops a plot, and the plots are just re-hashes of old material..
  • SimpsonsFanGirl!

I love the Simpsons. I've been a viewer since 03 =) I don't care what anyone else thinks I'm still going to be a fan for another 100 Seasons. :)
  • MAN! I love this except the enemies

Great, so I will rate 9 stars.
  • i love the simpsons

the simpsons is really good but if they think of taking that show off the air somthing is wrong with fox
  • amazing

i love the simpons
  • Unfunny.

This show has become more irrelevant with every season renewal it gets. The jokes are unfunny zingers, you can throw away the first 15 minutes before it develops a plot, and the plots are just re-hashes of old material. Who still watches even? Hipsters who watch it ironically? Dorks who fake being "geeky"? kids who think it's "mature" JUST END IT ALREADY.

• The BEST

A good show. NEVER gets old and ALWAYS beats cartoon *** network.
  • Best series EVER!!!!!!!

I think the title says it all
  • This show is great!

Even though the show has dropped in creativity and in the joke department, it's still worthy of an 8.
  • Bring back Hank Scropio!!!!!

this has lots of story left. someone please write something about him coming back or homer having to go to court for being involved with is company. i loved Hank, he was funny

• Going down and fast

I used to love the show. Episodes were well written and actually had a plot. Watched few episodes from the current season... no plot, no jokes, just milking the characters stereotypes.
  • I rank all episodes of The Simpsons

10. Life On The Fast Lane (Season 1)

9. The Call Of The Simpsons (Season 1)

8. Moaning Lisa (Season 1)

7. Homer's Odyssey (Season 1)

6. Homer's Night Out (Season 1)

5. Bart The General (Season 1)

4. Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire (Season 1)

3. Bart The Genius (Season 1)

2. There's No Disgrace Like Home (Season 1)

1. The Telltale Head (Season 1)
  • May have slumped in recent years, but still better than 90% of what's on TV

The Simpsons is perhaps the greatest animated series of all time, and has shown that cartoons aren't just for kids. As is probably already known, it is about a dysfunctional family in a suburban town named Springfield. It satirizes many things in pop culture, the USA and everyday life, and in addition to humour, provides genuinely touching moments. While it is true that The Simpsons today is nowhere near as great as it was in the 90's, it is still a very good show and has great moments, adapting to changing times while keeping the same basic feel. If The Simpsons was a celebrity, it is not a washup. I would compare it to Paul McCartney, who was once a music god, and while he is not as active as he was back in the day, he still has it. Overall, The Simpsons is still a great show, and shows that broadcast TV is still worth watching despite most of the masterpieces moving to cable. If it is cancelled, broadcast TV would go into a coma.
  • This show is immortal

I'm telling ya, this show will never, ever end. It's so funny, so cool, and it's still family-oriented. FOX must really love this show, and will never cancel it, though it's clearly unknown when they will ever finish the show. Don't get me wrong, I really love this show, but it has been on since the 1980's.
  • this show literally should have ended already

it stopped being funny in '98 sorry

it's getting old.
  • 25 years of awesome

It's the best cartoon ever! No show lasts this long if there's nothing special in it.
  • My favorite show of all time.

This show is the best ever. Nothing will ever beat this. Family Guy doesn't beat this, SpongeBob doesn't beat this, this show is the best ever, and it's impossible to be a better show. But even though this show is the best show ever, there have been plenty of bad episodes. Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming, Old Yeller Belly, ugh, terrible episodes, a recent season has my worst episode of all time. But there are very few bad episodes, and this is a perfect show.
  • It's decent

It's alright, but it's nothing to rave about.
  • La serie televisiva per eccellenza.

Assieme ai Griffin,I Simpson la pi bella serie televisiva di capolavoro fenomenale.
  • Just Awsome.

Simply awsome.
  • The best animated family sitcom out there.

The Simpsons is one of those shows recognized by everyone out there and never fails to amuse or make them laugh. This show is about a dysfunctional family that get go on crazed adventures around their town Springfield. This show is very creative and keeps everything unique. The show does a good job bringing in pop culutar references and making them funny. Each Simpson has a loveable personality an brings in their own type of humor that comes out as really funny. My two favorite characters off this show would have to be Homer, the moronic dad who does the funniest things that are garunteed to have you laughing until you can't breathe, and Bart, the troublemaker of the group that is often caught doing extreme stunts and saying inappropriate stuff, but even they can keep him funny and likeable. The humor this cartoon consists of is parodies of American culture, society, television, and several other aspects of human life, and the creators do a great job at keeping it funny and almost never repetitive. Sure, they may repeat jokes on ocassion, but at least they bring in new humor in every episode. The voice acting is great and definitely fits the characters. The animation flows very nicely and has aged well throughout the years. The artwork is beautiful and has a lot of color to it, and the locations are very creative. Everything this show consists of is so unique and creative I don't think there will ever be a show like this ever again. The Simpsons has also been the influential material for several other adult animated sitcoms like Family Guy or South Park.

How can anyone not know about this show? It has been around for about 25 years, its the most highest rated animated series out there, it had a movie and several merchendise, and is aired worldwide so it's impossible for anyone to not know about this cartoon. With all words, I highly reccomend The Simpsons to anyone who has yet to see it, no wonder it's the most popular animated sitcom. The Simpsons is a classic to behold!
  • Too Long

As good as this show is, this has been on WAY too long. Over 20 YEARS? OMG! One of the characters will die soon I know it.....
  • It's... nice?

But for some reason it never made me laugh.