The Simpsons

Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 26, 1995 on FOX

• Perfect

In this episode, Sideshow Bob breaks out of prison, and has a new hate for television, due to his inmates liking it so much. He then breaks into th USO (or something like that) air show, and threatens to bomb Springfield with a nuclear bomb from his hiding hole if tv ins't banned forever. So it's up to Bart and Lisa to find him and stop his evil plans. This was a superbly written episode, it was (with the execption of a boring part or 2) exciting and excluding the lazy ending it was great and funny. One of the best Bob episodes. 10/10 A+
  • Good Bob episode, but I've seen better

This was a good Sideshow Bob Episode, but I can think of much better, like Cape Feare, Brother from another series, and day of the jackanapes.

However, there were many great scenes, such as The Simpsons being impressed by the air show, Sideshow Bob getting rid of Tv, but having to send his message by TV, Homer trying to climb up the fence, the alien with the probe, and more.

So.... this was a good episode, just not up to par with other Sideshow Bob Episodes.

Overall Grade for this episode is: 85%/B+

My next review is going to be: Spongebob Squarepants: You Don't know Sponge/Hide and then what happens
  • I Like bob Episodes

Bob episodes, for me at least, are generally the best of their seasons (well, the earlier ones for sure), and although this isn't the best of season 7, it is still a pretty good episode, albeit a bit weaker than others. The plot never interests me a whole lot, but there is a lot of humor so in a way it makes up for it, I think. My only main complaint is I thought the end was kind of dumb, and I thought some of it was boring throughout, but it still gets an A+ because it was funny and i did like some of it
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the simpsons the charater returns its sideshow bob and he is at it again this time since crusty show got taken down and had to aire his shows from a place out in the nowere of a desert .sidshow bob threatens the city with a nuclear bomb and takes the rightbrother plane sice there was going to be air show he uses it to try to go kill krusty thing is since its old and slow they can keep up with it and drives it at krusty place and he is saved this was a good ep
  • Sideshow Bob still doesn't get it

Another not very funnny episode as oppossed to the first 5 episodes of this seventh and probably last classic Simpsons' season. Sideshow Bob is still a hateful and evil person after all these years. I would think that Springfield should have kept him in a much more secure prison, but it doesn't. I think this story is rather overdone. Stealing nuclear bombs, flying planes and the way things are resolved remind me more of a tree house of horror special than of a regular Simpsons' episode. A couple of good laughs here and there make watching this show worth while.
  • Sideshoe Bob episodes continue to be brilliant

Lax prison security makes it possible for Sideshow Bob to escape from prison yet again. This time, however, he's less interested in killing Bart Simpson as he is in knocking out Springfield's television stations, since he's grown to detest TV so much while in prison. Bob sneaks onto the Springfield air base on the day of the big air show, commandeers an atom bomb, and threatens to blow-up the crowd if the mayor doesn't end all TV broadcasts. When the bomb fails to explode, Bob returns to an older, more familiar plan and kidnaps Bart. That plan is also foiled and Bob returns to prison, again. Guest star: R. Lee Ermey as Colonel Leslie "Hap" Hapablap.
  • My second favourite Sideshow Bob episode. This episode is totally exiting and 100% flawless.

It's great plot, combined with excellent humour, excellent animation, and fantastic voice-overs, makes it one of the most exuberant Simpsons episodes ever made.

It seems as if it's been spit-polished and perfected by the writers at least 5 times.
    Another captivating element in this episode is how fun and exciting it is. "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming" is very hilarious, and captivating at the same time; rarely seen in Simpsons episodes.

I love it how Lisa was involved in the plot; it gave it a lot more variety.

This is definitely among the top 10 most entertaining Simpsons episodes ever made. Well-written plot, very smart humour. Excellent.
  • Bob's back, but with a nuclear bomb.

Sideshow Bob is back, out with a vengeance against television. He thinks that television destroyed society, but people aren't tolerating it, but they have to listen to Bob, because he has a bomb. Bart and Lisa manage to foil Bob, when the bomb was a dud. Which then Bob takes the Wright Brothers plane, and goes on a kamakaze mission to kill Krusty the Clown. His plan fails, because the Wright Brothers' plane isn't strong enough to destroy a wooden shack.
  • Beware of Sideshow Bob, my son Bart!

Sideshow Bob is up to no good. this time, he takes out his hatred on television, but escaping from custody and take over an air show, using a bomb on board a blimp. It's Bart and Lisa to the rescue as they go after sideshow Bob and not only save the world, but save Television. I read that Dr. Who's Tom Baker is in this epsiode, but I seem to miss him. You blink and you miss him. This episode is another battle in the long war between Bart and sideshow Bob, which is started in the first season of the series. May the war go on.
  • Sideshow Bob, the TV hating mutant returns.

Sideshow Bob comes back and he is crazier than ever. He has been so infuriated with all the crap thats on the TV he wants TV abolished forever.
    Of course that doesn't happen, I mean that wouldn't be pretty stupid...wouldn't it?
    What Bob does is interrupts an air show and threatens Springfield with a Bomb.

Some of the highlights were:
    - Bob putting on a slack jawed jokel voice when the army guy is talking to him.
    - When Bob crashes the Wright Brothers plane
    - Krusty's weak attempt at making TV, and it ended up pushing Bob over the edge!

Its not Bob's best episode, but there are some classic moments in it.
  • Sideshow hates what he is no longer on and everyone else must pay

Kelsey Grammer, this being his fifth appearance on the simpsons, stars yet again as criminal mastermind Sideshow Bob, who this time wants revenge on television, threatening to blow up a bomb at the Air Show if television is not abolished. bart yet again strays off in search of his mortal enemy to foil his plot yet again. there was no need however as the bomb was a dud. unfortunately, krusty is now the target of sideshow bob's plans as he is the only person that did not abide by the rules he set up. bob kidnaps bart and goes off to kill krusty the clown. yet again, his plans fail and he is sent to prison. this episode is very humorous and well plotted. sideshow bob's appearances are always a great installment to the series and, although this was not sideshow bob's best episode, it still manages to be funny, comedic and humourous at the same time.