The Simpsons

Simpsons Bible Stories

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 04, 1999 on FOX

• a more "treehouse" ending

we can only assume that the end where the simpsons wake up to find themselves in the apocolyps and go to hell is yet another dream because otherwise it is breaking many rules since it's a normal episode, not halloween, and they were merely dreaming the stories.
    the humour is why this episode got such a high score with Goliath II and ralph's appearance (bart(david): ralph, i thought you were dead.
    ralph: nope) in the third act and millhouse as moses was a great segment aswell with bart carving into stone for detention.
    my favourite dream is the shortest where homer declares to lenny and carl that their pie shall be cut in half and each man shall receive...death and that he'll eat the pie.
    my second favourite is the adam and eve sequence like the death of god's unicorn "gary" and "adam jumping headfirst into a rock just because he couldn't feel pain. i also liked the fact that the snake was literally Snake who is a jailbird constantly shown commiting crimes throughut springfield.
    this is a terrific episode.
  • Trilogy

Adam and Eve- homer and marge as adam and eve, in the garden of eden.

Milhouse as Moses trying to free the people.

David Vs Goliath with Bart and Nelson as David and Goliath.

The rapture has come and the Simpsons are sentenced to eternal damnation!

This episode was pretty good, my favorite segment was David Vs Goliath, then Adam and Eve, then Moses. Homer was King Solomon in one but that was a mere 30 seconds, if that. The ending is weird but it wasn't unbearable. Overall grade for this episode is a B+, a pretty good episode in this season methinks
  • A trilogy of pseudo-christian stories for all the family!

I have always liked The Simpsons, since I first watched an episode many years ago. Even now that I am a christian and see this how mock the bible, I still like it. This episode is too many christians a blunt attack to their believes. In my case, it is just fun fun fun.

This episode is not as good as episodes form past seasons, but still has some touch of creativity and the jokes are very good. Well, especially for a new born christian. My favorite story is David and Goliath and the least favorite is the Egypt themed one.
  • Another triology episode that was amazing... Except this one was Christian, but that doesn't make a difference still pretty darn good

A particularly boring sermon by Reverend Lovejoy sends each member of the Simpson family into his or her own biblical fantasy. Marge imagines herself and Homer as Adam and Eve, living in harmony with the flora and fauna of the Garden of Eden until Homer stupidly eats from the Tree of Knowledge. Lisa dreams of herself and the other kids of Springfield Elementary as the Israelites in ancient Egypt. Principal Skinner is Pharaoh and it's up to a nervous Milhouse to act as Moses and free his people from bondage. In Homer's dream, he is King Solomon, solving every dispute by cutting the contested object in half. When Lenny and Carl bring a pie to the King, he cuts it in half and eats both pieces. In Bart's action-packed fantasy, he is David, fighting Nelson as Goliath's son, Goliath II. When the Simpsons awake from their dreams, they discover that Revelation has come and it's time for God's final judgment. Only Lisa is allowed into Heaven, but Homer drags her down into Hell with the rest of the family.
  • Better than the book.

Having been an apostate from biblical religion for most of my life, I usually find it tiresome when shows turn to the bible for storylines. However, the Simpsons almost make it possible for me to accept the bible again, but then I realise that this episode is the way the book should be (Who knows? Maybe it was!), and not the tedious manuscript it actually is. And yes, I have read the bible, several times and in more than one language. It doesn't get any better when it's not in English.
  • Simpsonified Stories from the bible.

Very good. All those stories were very funny and well-written, especialy the one with Milhouse as Moses. They made all the Bible stories halirious. I laughed a lot at them all. The one with Milhouse as Moses was excellent. It was very very funny and well planned out. The on with Bart as King David wasn't very good though. The first one, Marge and Homer as Eve and Adam as very good. Yes, most of them were halirious and fit well in the bible, and I liked how Lovejoy kept finishing a sentence to end each dream. Very clever. The one thing that could have been beter though was if that teh Simpsons didn't go to hell. That was terrible. The Simpsons are not bad and didn't deserve that. That was the only thing that mad eme feel for them. Everything else was great.
  • Funny. Quite funny.

I caught the end of this at my friend's house after we got back from a field trip to the zoo. Our moms were talking in the driveway and we were like "Okay, we're going inside to watch Simpsons now" and they didn't hear us. We joined her brother and his friend on the couch and made them surrender the rock candy they'd gotten on their field trip to Sturbridge Village.