The Simpsons

Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Dec 17, 1989 on FOX

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 5

• Great Classic

Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!vGreat Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!Great Classic!
  • The cultural incidence of The Simpsons.

I don´t think this episode, by himself, deserve a 10 as a score... this is not a bad episode, but there are much betters, and I think that a 8 would be more suitable. Even, I think that I have put to all the first season some rather-high ratings. But, when I think this season as a cultural thing, it shine much more than before, and the 10 is well given.

To the boys and girls that, like me, are in the 20-25, The Simpsons serie have been a great friend in all our childhood and adolescence. And there are some things that will stay in our memories I think that forever.
    We´ll see the fights between Homer, Lisa and Bart and we´ll remember our own fights with our brothers, when we live in our parents home, and life was so much easier.

I remember to have a routine in my adolescence, when I have hangover after a party night, of putting some of the first seasons of the show and watching it during the sunday afternoon, and some phrases from this chapters was great jokes to all the people in our age.

So, when I see the first chapter of The Simpsons, his cultural meaning have much more incidence in me than the story (even as it is really funny on his own), and then, the 10 points I give to this chapter have much more meaning, since this chapter was the opening door to all of the others (better or worse) chapters from The Simpsons.

Oh!, by the way, I really really really love the songs in this chapter: All: They never let poor Rudolph,
    Join in any reindeer games.
    Bart: Like strip poker!
    Homer: I'm warning you two!
    LOL.
  • Homer has to get money as his job doesnt hava a xmas bonus. To make things worse bart got a tatoo and Marge had to spend all the money removing it. Homer gets a job as a santa and only gets 13 dollars on Xmas eve. So he goes to the racetrack and loses.

A great start to the greatest comedy series ever. I love where they are searching for tickets and the dog (santas little helper) runs up. Also the santa training where Homer is reciting the reindeers name's. Patty and Selma briefly have a few line on this episode where they refusr to say who they are to Homer and repeatedly say "Marge please" even though Homer knows who they are. Very funny. The tattoo where Bart tries to get Mother written on his arm. BUT, only suceeds in getting half way as Marge pulls him away and it spells Moth. They have to get it surgically removed which I think is very funny when Lisa and Maggie consistently poke him.
  • The episode is all about the start of the simpsons after their appearence on the Tracy Ulman Show. The pilot tells of a Christmas miracle that happens unexpectidly.

The very first official episode of The Simpsons turned out to be a great start to a TV show that now has more than four hundred great episodes. For anyone who hasn't seen this episode, I don't want to give anything away, so I'm just going to point out that a classic Simpsons Christmas plot evolves into a Christmas miracle. I give this episode a 9 out of 10. I thought it was very good and it absolutely helped the show evolve into what it is today. Also, we see the start of classic Homer on FOX. The first episode of the Simpsons made about 20 years ago would probably have to be one of the best episodes.
  • The pilot episode

This is the first episode of The Simpsons.It is christmas time and Marge spends all of the money on removing barts tattoo he got at the mall. Homer didnt get a bonus at work but doesnt want to tell marge there is no money for Christmas, so he becomes a Santa clause at the mall. Bart finds out so when when homer gets his check it is only $13.00 . So Homer and bart go to the Springfiled downs and bet on a losing dog. After the race the owner disowns the dog and homer and takes it home and Christmas is saved.

It has a good plot.It has a lot of heart but not a lot of laughs. It is a very good pilot for a show ,it was a good way to get people to watch. It shows that things will work out if you believe.
  • A real Nice christmas episode

I can't really explain this episode in detail. Basically Homer doesn't get his bonus and Marge has to spend the christmas money on a operation for Bart when he gets a tatoo. The story shows how middle class and lower class families has it rough around these expensive times. It shows real life drama and not just complete dribble. The earlier seasons of simpsons are famed for this. I still have one problem with this episode. The anticlimactic ending. The simpsons get a dog. Um... All of that story wasted. Any way great plot and laughs all the way threw. A great fun real life drama episodes. Worth the boring beginning!
  • Lisa Simpson needs to use the bathroom but Milhouse and Bart are hogging it, read this for fun and enjoy!!!!!!!!

(Bart and Milhouse are in the Simpson's bathroom in the house, the only bathroom in there. They are both having a shampoo fight with eachother.)

Bart:Ha ha you'll never spray me man.

Milhouse:Guess again buddy. AAAhhhhhhhhhh AAAAAAAAhhh!

(Lisa Simpson knocks outside the door)

Lisa:Hey are you done yet, what are you guys doing in there.

Bart:Nothing, get off our backs.

Lisa:Bart come on, please let me in I really need to use the toilet!

Bart:Sorry, looks like you're just going to have to hold it and wait sis, ha ha.

Lisa:EHH! Come on Bart hurry up I drank like two gallons of milk with Magggie I gotta get in there.

(Lisa is now shown outside squriming with her legs crossed in torment. Homer walks by.)

Lisa:Dad, can you get Bart out of there, I really need to peeeeeeeeeeee!

Homer:Sure honey (Homer knocks) Hey boy, what are you doing in there, your sister is waiting.

Bart:Just me Dad taking a nice clean bath.

Homer:Got you boy, good job keeping clean.

Lisa:Dad, what about me.

Homer:Well what do you want from me honey, you never disturbe a man from his bath.

(Homer walks away leaving Lisa. Lisa is left there with her arms and legs crossed in squriming and hopping torment and knocks again.)

Lisa:Bart, come on, please let me in already, I really need to use the bathroom, that toilet, and there are none left in the whole house.

Bart:Ok fine, here.

(There's a rumble outside and a bang, and the toilet comes landing in near Lisa.)

Lisa:NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I, NEED, TO, PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

(Then suddenly the bathroom door blasts off open with water spraying everywhere as a huge wave blasting Bart, Lisa, and Milhouse off it out off Springfield. Lisa has her hands tucked in tight still squirming.)

Lisa:DOHHHHHHHHHH! Bart why couldn't you just let me in the bathroom to use the toilet for just a few seconds, huh, WWHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

****

(All three splash into inside the mall into the girls room.)

Milhouse:Oh no Bart, not here, lets get out.

Bart:Right, come on Lisa...Lisa?

(Lisa's feet are shown at the open bottom part of a stall and the stall is closed and locked.)

Lisa:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNKKKKKK HEAVEN!!!!!!!
  • Definately the best series opener for any tv show ever written a very special episode does not describe it well enough.

as i said before definately the best series opener for any tv show ever written a very special episode does not describe it well enough, From the second it started till the second it stopped it was truly a great episode my favourite jokes were the reindeer one and this:

(Santa's Little Helper is chased off by his owner, and comes running towards Homer and Bart.)
    Homer: Oh, no, you don't! No, no! Get away from me! Uh-uh!
    (Santa's Little Helper jumps into Homer's arms.)
    Bart: Oh, can we keep him, Dad, please?
    Homer: But he's a loser. He's pathetic! He's...(Santa's Little Helper licks Homer.)...a Simpson.

The One That started it all from this episode through to All About Lisa Season 19 the simpsons have been the greatest show of all time and they will be for years to come...hopefully they don't get cancelled.

Thanks,
    Ahh Goobras

Screw flanders Screw flanders Screw flanders Screw Flanders Screw Flanders Screw flanders
  • First ever full length simpsons episode. DYNOMITE!

Everyone knows that the Simpsons started life as a side show on The Tracey Ullman Show in 1987. After 2 great years, The Simpsons made the move to a half hour show.
    Now, i know when I got the Simpsons Christmas DVD (with episodes I mostly haven't seen before), I really did not want to watch Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire. I was more wanting to watch Mr.Plow and the one where lisa became a Buddhist. But, then, once I had seen those, I had to watch SROAOF(Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire. I was far from dissapointed.Okay, so the animation quality isn't good as today's pen and ink animation, but the episode is a rare treat that should not be missed by any fan of The Simpsons. It all starts at Christmas. The family are expecting to have a good Christmas, because Homer is getting a Christmas bonus, and Marge has saved money. But things start to go wrong when Marge and the kids are at the mall, and Bart illegally gets a tattoo. Marge uses the saved money to laser Bart's tattoo off, depending on Homer's bonus. But Homer doesn't get it, thanks to his cruel boss, Mr Burns. Homer finds out that Marge has spent the savings, and doesn't tell her(or the rest of the family) about not receiving his bonus. So, to give the family a good Christmas, he becomes a Santa at a mall. Bart finds Homer, and keeps his secret.
    Then, when it is payday for the Santa's, Homer only receives $13. He meets Barney, and he says that Barney is going to bet his money at the dog track.
    They go, and Homer bets on a dog called "Santa's Little Helper". He loses, and leaves Homer in despair. Then, the owner of Little Helper sends the dog away, and the dog quickly finds himself with Homer. They bring him home,and the family are pleased. The episode ends with a funny rendition of Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer.
  • This is a great episode i like it very much.

The simpsons is a cartoon that I can watch all day and it can be watched by all family. This episode is the first one of the great serial.And it allways will be in my mamoris like the firs and best cartoon i have even see.And it allways will be in my hart. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . T H E S I M P S O N S . . . . . . . . . .
  • Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.Nice.

Very nice. Very nice. Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.Very nice.
  • The one that started it all.

This is easily one of the best pilots to any T.V. show. It perfectly introduced the characters and the story bought back many memorable Christmas specials about a loser who gets a stroke of luck on Christmas Eve. There were also many funny moments from Homer naming reindeer to Bart singing "Jingle Bells". While the animation wasn't that perfect in the beginning, I was able to ignore and enjoy myself while I was watching this episode. And while newer Simpson Christmas specials would be made, this one is still the best after all these years. Although it didn't win the Emmy, it was still good to see that it got nominated.
  • Even Mcdonalds won't get a bigger audience than this episode. Warning: Contains spoilers.

Ah, the beginning of the Simpsons. I've watched this episode a few times, and I don't really find much humor in the first episode, but I did think the plot was very great. It's like Family Guy. The first season seems to have less humor, but the plots are better than other seasons. This doesn't really goes for South Park. This episode was a very happy episode. Homer doesn't seem to be his idiot self like he is in other episodes, but he sure is caring for his family in this episode.

Homer doesn't get a Christmas bonus and Marge had to spend her Christmas money to remove a tattoo that Bart got to say, "Mother" on it. Well, Homer doesn't want that to stop Christmas. He lies to his family (but eventually tells Bart) that he did get the Christmas bonus and tries many things to get money to pay for Christmas. Well, eventually he has to confess but gets a dog in return from the dog race. This dog, Santa's Little Helper, lost the dog race but the Simpsons welcomed him with open arms. A truly happy episode and a truly great one, too.

I enjoyed this episode and I hope you do, too. The beginnings of the Simpsons come before this episode, but this episode was the first episode of the actual TV series. It may not be like the Simpsons Movie, but it's plot is well written. You should truly thank Mimi Pond, the writer for this episode.
  • Great, Hilarious way to start off a great television series.

I never saw this episode when it aired but it was one of the first Simpsons episode I saw when i was little and even though I was 3 I still laughed alot. I remember wanting to see it every Christmas, then I started watching more simpsons as a 7 year old and then at 9 started buying dvd's and I got hooked. and watching this episode a few years ago, I realized that the things I didn't find funny were hilarious. Any way I love this episode it was Great, Hilarious way to start off a great television series. Nice job Simpsons crew.
  • Meet the Simpsons

Back in December of 1989 I doubt that anybody could have imagined this show still running nearly twenty years later. This first episode has some rough edges but it's a good start. We're introduced to many of the show's recurring characters and, of course, we get to know the Simpsons themselves. There's oafish Homer, level-headed Marge, precocious Lisa, troublemaker Bart and baby Maggie. Sure, some of the voices and mannerisms have changed slightly over the years but it's interesting to see that their personalities were defined right from the beginning. The story is a pretty good one, too. It accomplishes what a pilot should: It introduces us to the principle characters (along with several secondary characters) and it establishes their personalities. This was just a taste of things to come since "The Simpsons" would improve greatly in the coming years.
  • Its christmas time and the simpsons family wants to have a great christmas.But when bart gets a tato marge spends all of the christmas money to remove it.After that Homer goes out with the 10 dollers he has left to get a great present but has a had time.

The start of a great series alredy popular from the simpsons shorts on the Tracey Alman show. This shows been on for ninteen years man this is a amazing show wow wow wowie wow wow wow man of wows. I have liked this show for years. Its so cool. Hey you should watch it!!!!!!!!!! I think everywon needs a laugh every now and then. So I,m going to rap this up by...... .... .. .. .. ... .. . . . .. .. Oh yeah. I'll rap this up by saying this show is just so ausume and funny. Youdude123 off dude peace!
  • A good start

The Simpsons got off on the right foot with "Simpsons roasting on an open fire" it was the first full episode to be aired and this gives it a charm. A Christmas episode as a starter was a good idea and The Simpsons managed this well from Homer as Santa to Lisa asking for a pony the Christmas theme stays true. The storyline is good and has a nice message to it when what seems to be The Simpsons worst Christmas ends well as Homer brings Santa's little helper home everyone ends the episode in the Christmas spirit. The start of a show that would be more successful than anyone could have guessed.
  • Homer brings home the best and most unexpected present ever for his family on a christmas night.

What a nice and beautiful episode is this. The message is so altruistic, even for this show's standards. It has been a long time since I last watched an episode this old and I have to admit that it feels very different to any other Simpson's episode. I suppose the characters are still young and not perfected or matured.

Things I like about this episode are: homer is not THAT stupid yet, Bart is not THAT evil yet, and the show runs in a much different way and feels more like a soap opera. (And that is going to be less evident soon)

A great episode with a great message!
  • The episode that started it all...

Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire is the first episode of one of the most successful animation shows in the history of television and it is a classic episode in its own right.

The storyline is all about Homer & Marge who want their family to have the best Christmas possible, but things do not as planned when Bart gets a tattoo and the Christmas money has to be spent on the removal of it. To make things even worse, Homer has been denied a Christmas bonus at work and so the family faces financial problems.

Homer takes on a part-time job as a Santa Claus working in a mall in order to receive some cash, but he is only rewarded $13 for his efforts. With this money, Homer and Bart decide to bet it on a dog at the race tracks, but unfortunately they lose and their hope for a perfect Christmas starts to die. However, The Simpsons receive the best Christmas present of all when Santa's Little Helper joins their family as their pet dog and the Simpsons dreams of a perfect family Christmas comes true.

This episode is not particularly long, hilarious or exciting, but it has a charming and positive message behind it which makes it worth watching. Anyone who is a fan of The Simpsons should definitely take the time out to watch this classic pilot.
  • The simpsons first Christmas Episode.

The Simpsons Roasted on an open Fire: " This was a great episode in my opinion. This was the first episode of The Simpsons that was 30 minutes long. I think the plot was good. Bart ruining Christmas by getting a tattoo and spending all the christmas money on getting it removed. Not to mention homer was getting a christmas bonus at the plant but didnt in which caused homer broke on christmas. He gets a part time job working as a santa at the mall. He later relized he only got 13 dollars doing it. He barney and bart go to the dog track and Homer bets on the losing dog santa's little helper. since the dog lost the owner kicked him out of the dog racing industry. Santa's little helper comes home with homer and bart because he is now part of the simpson family. To end this review I like to say that this episode is worth watching.
  • This was a good way to start the Simpsons one of the best shows in the history of all television, but the show's brilliance will come later on...

After Marge spends the family's Christmas money on removing a tattoo that Bart got, and Homer's Christmas bonus is cancelled, Homer must find out a way to keep the Christmas spirit alive without shattering the hopes of his family. A trip to the dog tracks is their last hope. The dog they bet on, Santa's Little Helper comes in last, and gets the boot from his owner. The Simpsons take the dog, bring it home, and the family think it's the best present they have ever gotten for Christmas. The family sing 'Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer' to close the show.
  • Ladies and Gentlemen, the brillianceness of The Simpsons...

Brilliant, bloody brilliant. This is a very fine and funny episode of The Simpsons, while the animation and writing doesn't hold up to the rest of the series, i still have to say this had me laughing out loud the whole way through, heck i even had a tear in my eye at one point. In fact this has one of my has one of my favourite scenes in 400+ episodes and the movie, the part where Homer's shopping in the try'n'save or wherever, that's just pure hilarity. Jon did a nice job on the script and Silverman was great with directing. The first christmas episode and the first episode. Good work.
  • the begining of the king of shows

7.2
    the start of a series that would change american tv forever warning that this a nearly detail after deatail spoiler the episode starts with trouble already in the oven when bart gets a tatto behind marges back when shes discovers that he has the tatto shes spends all of the familys christmas money to get rid of the tatto while an nuecelar power plant mr.burns cuts off the employee christmas bonus witch means no presants under the christmas tree. homer knows that if he tells marge that he never got his christmas bonus that she would be horrified so homer goes to derastic messures to put gifts under the tree by buying them at the dollar store.after his halfassed attempt to save christmas fails he goes to moes to see barney in a mall santa costume and barney suggests that he become a mall santa to homer takes that advice.unfortuneatly for him bart is there and sees through homers disguises.bart then rips off homers beard homer then losses it and starts attacking bart.by the end of his shift homer only $13 as did barney.homer decides to go with barney and bet in the race track but instead of betting on the obvious winner homer bets on santas little helper.they lose the race but gain santas little helper
  • The simpsons!

Homer Simpson loses his yearly christmas bonus and because of his son, Bart, has not got enough money to buy christmas gifts for his family. So he goes and looks for a second job. He finally gets a job being a Santa Claus in a mall. All is going well until Bart discovers that the "Santa Claus" in the mall is his father. Homer forces Bart to keep this a secret. Later Homer and Bart goes to get Homer money and they discover that it is not a big sum.So they go to the race track and Homer bets his little money on a dog named "Santa's Little Helper". The dog loses and homer loses his money. When Homer and bart are leaving they see that the dog they betted on, is no longer wanted. So they decided to keep him. Homer,Bart and Santa's little helper go back home and Homer is about to tell his family the bad news when they see their new dog. The family assume this is their christmas present. This episode is a great start to the simpsons.
  • a good way to start the simpsons

the simpsons say good-bye to the tracy ullman show show and gave us this glorious episode . it's about when bart gets a tatoo , marge has to spend the x-mas money to make sure the tatoo is removed , however homer gets no x-mas bonus and is stuck working as a mall santa with only bart knowing of this . when he finally gets his low paycheck barney suggests to go to the dog track and bet on a dog named whirlwind. howevr , homer bets on the wrong dog , santa's little helpr and lose the bet . homer and bart walk the streets trying to find anytrhing to make merry x-mas but no luck . then , santa's little helper's owner abandons him anbd homer and bart decide to keep him making a merry christmas after all . anyways , this is a good episode and a good way to start the simpsons .
  • This episode was the pilot episode of the show The Simpsons.

Simpsons Roasting Over An Open Fire was The Simpsons' first episode that aired on December 12, 1989. In my opinion, I rate it a 9. This episode is about Marge has to use the Christmas money on a last-minute emergency. So to earn some extra money, Homer takes up several jobs. Homer gets fired later due to Bart playing a trick on him. Homer and Bart go to a dog track to win some money. They leave the track empty-handed, but when they find a dog on the parking lot, they bring him as a gift for the family. Homer then realizes it was a great family gift. I think this episode was one of the best of The Simpsons. In my opinion, Simpsons Roasting Over An Open Fire was a great episode for a family to watch.
  • The Simpsons start in this episode!

7.6
    In this episode. The best selling FOX animated show "The Simpsons" began. In this episode. We start off with the Simpsons family. The main characters of the series. In this episode, its Christmas in Springfield. Homer tries to get his family many presents as possible, but fails. He then becomes a fake santa to win cash for presents, but he is discovered by his son Bart. Homer and Bart go to a dog race competition. Where he bets on a dog called "Santa's Little Helper" to win. He loses and Homer is frustrated. Overhearing Santa's Little Helper's owner bashing him. Homer takes the dog home since Bart wants him badly. He arrives in the house,, with a sad look. Until Santa's Little Helper's arrival gave the Simspsons there christmas spirits back.

What can I say? Good episode.

Althrought, the graphics and voice were horrible for this episode and it lacked humor. It made it lose points.

Enjoyable episode. I recommend to watch it.
  • This was obviously the first Simpsons episode, and it was not that great. (Spoilers!!)

And here is my first of ( soon to be ) many reviews. 'Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire' was the first ever full length Simpsons episode, and it had a lot of flaws. First of all, the story involved The Simpsons needing money for Christmas, and Bart got a tattoo on his arm, and it costed all of the Simpson's Christmas money to remove. Homer had found out at the plant there would be no Christmas bonuses, but he figured it was okay because he 'thanked god for the big jar', which he didn't know was used to remove the tattoo Bart had gotten.

Without any money, Homer decided to take a job as a Santa at the mall after Barney suggested it to him. After Homer had gotten his paycheck, he had pretty much no money at all for a Christmas.

With very little money, Barney also suggested he went to Springfield Downs to bet on a dog race. Homer lost his bet, and Homer and Bart started to walk out slowly and sadly thinking about how sad they would be on Christmas. The dog Homer had bet on was soon kicked out and ended up in Homer's arms. Homer was convinced by Bart to keep him, so they did.

-My Opinion-

This episode had a few clever jokes, but generally, this was a very slow episode, had horrible animation, and very different voices from the normal Simpsons characters we've heard in newer episodes. Regardless of all these problems, this was the first Simpson's episode, and you can't help but like the fact that it was the first of many many episodes created for the series.

8.1/10
  • How How D'oh!

In this episode we learn who The Simpsons are. The introduction to theire characters are very similar to how we know them by the years. Homer as the father who tries to make out of all the misery something good, with the most stupid remarks and handelings. Marge as the caring mother and loving wife. Bart as the brat who is always up for some joke. Lisa as the smart one. And Maggie, well we know she likes to suck her pacifier and drops a lot. :-)

It's a real nice episode with so much thing I can relay to real life. No Christmas-bonus, money-troubles during the holidays and stuff like that. It can be a very nice time, but if you haven't anything you just want to make your family happy, it can be a pain in the *ss.
    I really like the jokes in this one, Homer who strangles the Santa-teacher, the Jingle Bell's Playground Version, the Christmas decorations and the "How How D'oh"!

Season Greetings from Marc
  • The first episode of the Simpsons Series, a great episode, not too modern but funny.

This episode is the first episode of one of the longest running animated series, Simpsons. Like all first episodes we meet the characters, their positivities, and their negativities. We met bart, lisa, homer and marge. All of them has something we recognize them for. The christmas edition was pretty interesting, and it was a funny one with many jokes... Also the Flanders guy is sicking funny... Homer and Flanders always got in a fight because Homer is jealous that Flanders has a better family. Bart is interested in the tattoos, and that's marge's worst nightmare. Typical american family is shown in this episode, and it should be, cause it's the main theme of the simpsons
1 2 3 4 5