The Simpsons

Special Edna

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 05, 2003 on FOX

• Nice Episode

This was a better episode than I was expecting, I like Grandpa's memory of him in WWI as a five-year-old, I like the ending when Homer breaks into Disney World. I liked "The Future Sphere" and "Eron's Ride of Broken Dreams" And Skinner and Edna's relationship (Why Did Groening break them up? They were way way better then the Ned and Edna)
  • funny stuff

what i liked- grampa's memory of him in the war as a kid, "He's gone now, but you gotta admire his spirit", the ending with homer in disneyworld, "It's educational and good for a thrill, just like Edna," homer thinking Little Richard is Michael Jackson, the 'gay future car', skinner proposing to edna, "pro boner" and a few other things. really good episode. it had a lot of good humor and good character development. 5/5
  • Edna and Skinner get engaged.

While writing an after-school report, Bart notices Edna and Skinner's relationship is being interrupted by Seymour's mother. Bart takes her out on a pity date and the two got closer. He nominates her for teacher of the year to lift her spirits. When she makes the finals, she and the Simpsons make their way to the award ceremony in Orlando at the Efcot Center. Skinner worries that this will pull their relationship further apart so he drives himself, and his mother there. Edna is annoyed when the two show up together and she breaks up with him. To make sure he doesn't lose her forever, he makes Bart pretend he cannot read so that Edna will not become teacher of the year. On stage, the plan does not go as Skinner planned. He tells Edna he set it up because he didn't want to lose her, and then he proposes. Edna accepts. I loved the idea of nominating Edna for teacher of the year because of Bart. It was hilarious. A pretty good episode. This season is turning out very nicely.
  • Siknner proposes to Edna?? Great episode, very funny. You should really give some time to watch this episode...

• Decent episode

This episode had some great scenes such as the substitute teacher of the year nominations being held in a shabby, and somewhat vacant, shack and the judges thinking that bart or "the devil in blue pants" was just an urban legend. the thoughts that Bart had as possible candidates to be partners with Krabapple was entertaining aswell. However, the main focus of this episode is the relationship between principal skinner and edna krabapple which turns out great with great and somewhat disturbing gags made by agnus skinner such as "oh, great, three in a bed" after skinner proposes. Homer breaking into Disneyworld was a great way to end the episode, leaving the episode on a funny note.
  • Really awesome stuff!

This episode was really good, it had a decent and well-though-out plot line, the episode progressed well, and there was some great character development.

Theoretically, this is an episode I should hate, because I'm really starting to get sick of the permanent continuity changes the writers seem to think are funny, like Barney giving up alcohol, and Lisa becoming a Buddha. But this worked. The Skinner-Krebappel thing has been going on for several Seasons now, and was started when the show was at its finest. This is probably part of the reason why I found this episode believable.

The main focus of the episode, of course, was Skinner and Krebappel's relationship, and Skinner's spinelessness with his mother. But the Simpsons family shined, too, even though only Bart had a major part in the episode. Homer was funny for once. The references to Disney World and the other parks in Orlando were really funny, such as the Efcot Center and the electric car scene. I was on holiday in Orlando recently which is why I found this so funny, I think.

I didn't get the scene over the credits, where Homer started singing about pie then walked out off halfway through, it just seemed strange to me. The episode had a good ending, there was no need to spoil it with this. Overall, though, this was a top class episode, although we always seem to get a few great episodes (that aren't holdovers) at the beginning of the Season, and it doesn't last long. I hope this time it does.
  • "The Simpsons are going to Epcot!" Meanwhile, Seymour and Edna's relationship advances.

Another great "Simpsons" episode (which seems to be happening less and less often). The parodies of Epcot, Enron and Disney World are absolutely hilarious! It's also good to see further developments in the love between Skinner and Krabapple. They started seeing each other around Season 7, and it's slowly been developing to an engagement for some time. Though I highly doubt that Skinner is truly "his own man" now. Guest Star Little Richard adds to the hilarity.
FOX