The Simpsons

The Bart Wants What It Wants

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 17, 2002 on FOX

• great

what i liked- "hey butler, stop butlering yourself" "would that if i could, sir", greta was a nice character, bart trying to win her back after he discovers she is interested in milhouse now, etc.

it was OK. it is a bart's girlfriend episode but it of course has elements none of the others had, and it had some nice moments i liked. greta as a whole was a decent character and it is kind of a shame she has not been in a speaking appearance since. B or so as my final grade, i think is fair

• Bart gets another girlfriend

The Simpsons go to a fair at a private school, and Bart meets Rainer Wolfcastle's daughter, Greta. They become friends, but Greta is in love with bart, and he is too oblivious to notice. When she wants to go out one night, Bart skips the date to watch Principal Skinner do stand up comedy. Great now goes out with Milhouse, and Bart is extremely jealous.

This was a decent episode. There were some funny parts: Homer stealing the torch, Nelson bullying the butler, Moe's impersanatinon and Skinner doing comedy. But other than those scenes, this episode was kind of boring.

Overall Grade: 80%/B
  • Bart likes Rainer Wolfcastles's daughter.

This episode had a very overused plot as we saw in previous seasons with Bart liking Jessica Lovejoy and the Power's girl ( cant recall her name right now). However, this episode still remained to be fresh as Bart and Milhouse fight for Greta's love. It was both funny and sad to see two friends torn between a girl that they care about. Lastly, the Canada culture parody really saved this episode from being a downer, and I have to say that I was very very pleasently surprised with this episode, and im sure that you will be too. B+
  • This episode takes the cake!!! It had some of the best one line jokes in the history of TV

Greta Wolfcastle (Reese Witherspoon) gets a crush on Bart, and the whole family begins enjoying the royal treatment her father, Rainier, provides them. After getting used to the lifestyle of the rich and famous, the Simpsons' privileges are revoked once Bart bores of Greta and breaks up with her. Trying to lure Bart back, Greta pretends to have a crush on Milhouse to provoke Bart's jealousy. Her plan works, but when Greta takes Milhouse to Canada with her for a movie her father is in, Bart loses it and lures his whole family to come to Canada as well. While on the set, Bart confronts Milhouse and they get into a fight, crashing into sets and ruining props. Greta's plan, clearly worked, but Bart's attempts are unrequited as she loses interest in both of them.
  • Crazy Little thing Called Love!

Bart falls for a girl who is a daughter of a famous movie star. But doesn't have any real feeling for her until, he breaks up withy her. When Milhouse shows, up all bets are off. It's not a grest episode, not among the top 10. Bart and Milhouse fought over him in the finale, but in the end, both boys loss. I like the voiceover by Reese Witherspoon. She adds class to her character. the opening moments when Homer has stolen the touch is first class. they should have made an episode out of that scene. Smell Ya Later!
  • One of the funniest episodes!

This episode is so funny! I like the end were Bart and Milhouse get on the basketball team. That part was such a funny joke! Anyways I know and I love this episode! I hop Matt will keep up the good work! The newer episodes are funnier then the older episodes!
  • A decent episode worth watching.

Not a bad episode, but not a really funny episode either. Like most episodes nowadays, it starts off good, but drops off towards the end.

The first act was probably the best. Homer stealing the Olympic Torch was a great moment: "They've pre-empted my favorite shows for the last time!" Marge's moan: "Every four years..."

Next, Homer spots a fair. This may be self-reference to the increasing number of episodes which start or are based around a fair/special event in Springfield (first noted by yours truly). Anyway, this fair (a private school open day) was good. The monkeys point/monkeys cry line was good, as well as Lisa's efforts to stay at the school.

The next act is also good. Rainier Wolfcastle's truck and the thumb wars game were good moments. The best moment of this episode had to be the Itchy & Scratchy DVD - Itchy kills Scratchy on the audio commentary! Hilarious!

Pretty soon, Bart messes it up, and Greta starts dating Milhouse. Then she goes to Toronto, and so the Simpsons follow her there (yet another holiday). Anyway, after Bart & Milhouse fight, Greta decides to dump both of them and the story wraps up nicely, although a tad predictable.
  • ranier wolfcastle has a daughter

the start of this episode is terrific with homer stealing the olymmpic torch because the olympics constantly interrupt primetime. the private school scene was great too with homer assuring lisa when she accuses him of saying there weren't any private schools in springfield, "but if i told you, you'd want to go". skinner's lame comedy scenes were so stupid that they were funny. the main plot of bart and greta lived up to the rest of the episode especially ranier wolfcastle (better known as his movie character, mcbain) lines like "talking time is over" and "i see your daughter is one of thosewhale-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens".
  • Some great one-liners

I saw this episode last night for the 2nd or 3rd time and I was really impressed. The plot was OK, but there are lots of great one-liners.

Rainer Wolfcastle was great
    "Remember when I said I'd eat you last. I LIED!"
    "Laughing time is Over!"
    "In my movies this is where I'd go BERSERK!"

The Canada jokes were hilarious too!

"Wow American Currency....When would you like your breakfast sir?"
    "You'll win her back aye....and B were closing soon.