The Simpsons

The Book Job

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 20, 2011 on FOX

• Homer forms a team to write a tween lit hit

Lisa becomes disheartened when she learns the shocking truth behind the "tween lit" industry and her beloved fantasy novel characters. But Homer decides to cash in on the craze and forms a team to group-write the next "tween lit" hit, with the king of fantasy, Neil Gaiman, lending his expertise to the effort. After catching the eye of a slick industry publisher at the Springfield Book Fair, the team gets an advanced copy of their work and discovers that the corporate lit business is a bigger operation than they imagined. This was one of the best episode for this season. I thought the storyline was really great somewhat better than the Food Wife. It may not the funniest since at some point there's lack of humor, but the episode was good enough to give it a 10. I'll say that it in mym top 5 episodes for this season. I just kind of enjoyed the storyline to it. So there's pretty much nothing else to say about this episode. In conclusion, The Book Job had an excellent storyline with some humor in it. 10/10
  • the simpsons the book job

another good episode here the whole lisa trying to write her own story was funny because she kept getting distracted such as going on the internet or going to get coffee and ralph saying i wanna go back in mommy and trys to go up her dress that was so silly but funny as well this was just as funny as the last one.
  • Simpsons Still Fresh!

The Simpsons did it again with a funny way of looking at todays popular books and authors!
  • very good

gave me many laughs! had great beginning it sorta lagged in the middle of the episode but the ending made up for that. very funny!!! so far i really like season 23!!! long live live the simpsons. "these aren't real dinosaurs!!! real dinosaurs sing!!!" best milhouse quote ever.

• Oh my god this was such an outstanding episode I can't believe it.

This episode reminded me of the Family Guy episode "Brian Writes a Bestseller" but this one was 10 times better! I'm surprised, I am honestly really surprised that it was that good and I have been a Simpson fan ever since I can remember! I know all of them in this season were great but this episode by far takes the cake!! I can't believe how genius this plot was about. See, "They'll never stop The Simpsons! Have no fear we got stories for years!"

• Probably the best Simpsons episode in a very long time.

One week ago we saw "The Food Wife" and I thought it was a really good episode, especially for the story. But "The Book Job" was even better.

I think is really hard to compare this episode with another one of show. I loved the structure, the crew of all those different characters, the freeze frame jokes and the fact that most of the things in plot were not so predictable as usual.

Despite the fact the episode was so different, I believe you can still tell this is a Simpsons episode. They did a great job. This is the second time the cut off the theme song to make more room for the actual show, and YES SIR.... I LIKE IT!!

Sorry for my mistakes, but I'm Italian... so it's not my fault if my english sucks!! Ciao gente che adora Apocaloso...

• They could have added more humor in this episode but I still thought that this installment was very entertaining and enjoyable to watch... as a Simpsons fan, I was NOT disappointed.

Lisa becomes disheartened when she learns the shocking truth behind the "tween lit" industry and her beloved fantasy novel characters. But Homer decides to cash in on the craze and forms a team to group-write the next "tween lit" hit, with the king of fantasy, Neil Gaiman, lending his expertise to the effort. After catching the eye of a slick industry publisher at the Springfield Book Fair, the team gets an advanced copy of their work and discovers that the corporate lit business is a bigger operation than they imagined. I thought that this was a superb episode of "The Simpsons". It still doesn't beat the first two Season 23 episodes in my opinion but it is better than "Replaceable You" and "The Food Wife". I was able to watch this episode before I left to Denver, Colorado. Unfortunately, I missed the NEW Family Guy episode "Thanksgiving" but I didn't miss this installment and I'm happy that I AT LEAST watched this episode before we left town for out 1 week Thanksgiving break. This episode had a very clever and terrific storyline. My only issue with this episode is how they didn't add a lot of humor and I found the middle part of the episode to be a little lacking and quite boring. Other than that issue, I really liked this episode. Homer forming a group in order to write the next hit tween novel was very good and very clever. I love the background music that they repeatedly played in this episode as it showed signs such as "The Heist", "The Commercials", "The Actual Heist", and more. I thought that those kinds of parts were very clever. It amazes me that this cartoon is running for 23 seasons but YET the writers are still doing a gosh darn job with the stories. Even though they were pretty much running out of ideas, they still get creative and have a back-up story for a wonderful and funny cartoon like this one. While I didn't laugh a lot, there were some parts that made me laugh such as when Homer was sleeping in the dinosaur head, Stephen King being a fake author name, the "Twilight" joke, Lisa procrastinating when she tries to come up with an idea for a book, and a couple of more parts. Like I said, this episode didn't have a lot of humor but the storyline was definitely highly entertaining and enjoyable for me to watch. Overall, despite this episode not having a lot of humor being a little boring and lacking in the middle part, this was a superb episode of "The Simpsons" and I'm glad that I got to watch this episode before we left to Denver, Colorado for our 1 week Thanksgiving break. 9/10

• Every Episode. Does every episode have to revolve around the special guest.

It used to be, back in the day... Well i had an onion tied around my belt, which was the style at the time...It used to be that special guests were on screen for one minute tops, now it seems like the whole episode is geared around setting up a situation for a special guest to appear. Its absolutely ridiculous. Yet just about every episode so far has been that exactly. I was just reading that this episode is going to have two special guests, and how come ive never heard of any of these people. I dont know who they are, and soon nobody will, which makes the show very dated. You could watch an older simpson episode without knowing anything. Ten years from now, try going back and watching these episodes and its like, who the heck is that guy, whats the point of this segment you will say. I mean if its out on dvd by then, ten years, maybe. Ive been waiting a long time for season 14 and i will never buy season 20 till it comes back around.

• superb

what i liked- homer snoring in that plastic dinosaur and the head falling on him, "I want to talk to my paleontologist", Patty speaking in Parseltongue, Moe being poisoned by Neil, Neil dropping his accent, "Do you have a computer?" "Yes", "You're in." "In what?" Lisa procrastinating by playing online boggle, Stephen King being a fake author name, amongst other things.

decent episode. Really good. The only things i did not like were a couple scattered jokes that weren't really funny. the plot was nice but i did not laugh a whole lot. B+/A- or so seems fair. Best episode of the season thus far, easily.