The Simpsons

The Dad Who Knew Too Little

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 12, 2003 on FOX

• perfect

what i liked- Dexter getting information from Skinner, Nelson, and Ralph, homer remembering lisa has good hearing, "How ironic, now he's blind after a life of enjoying being able to see", homer's fake name being Lance Uppercut, homer's video for lisa, bart tricking homer into picking up the turbo diary to get shocked, amongst other things. good episode. it was a good homer/lisa episode with nice humor and an excellent plot. A+
  • Homer hires a P.I. to learn more about Lisa.

With Lisa's birthday coming up, she asks for a turbo diary. Homer and Bart go shopping but when they discover it is sold out, he buys a personalized movie featuring Lisa. Watching the movie, she realizes her dad knows nothing about her. In order to closen their relationship, he hires a private detective named Dexter Colt to find out information about her. Dexter compiles a file which Homer uses, and sure enough makes Lisa love him again after he takes her to an Animal Rights Protest. Homer refuses to pay the $1000 dollar bill required for Dexter's services, but he gets his revenge by vandalizing the Animal Research Lab and making Lisa the #1 suspect. Homer and Lisa flee from the cops, and Homer tells her why she was framed. Dexter catches up with Homer and tries to kill him. Lisa finds them and uses a laser to blind him. This is one of my favorite episodes of the season. It is absolutely hilarious! Its a must see!
  • Pretty good episode.....

• This is a great Homer and Lisa episode.

This episode The Farther Who Knew Too Little is anouther fine example of how great the Simpsons still are and how great of a writer Matt Selman is.

This episode is about Homer finding out very little he knows about Lisa. Lisa is upset by Homer knowing baily anything about her. Homer goes to a detective and this is where many funny scenes come into the show. The detetive frames everyone to get Homer info on Lisa which Nelsons love for a disney character, a frame on Willie, papers getting put in the wrong order, and Ralph keeps saying Lisa is a girl at my school. There where many really funny scenes where Homer goes into discise with fake hair, glasses, and angry eyebrows. Overall this is a really great Simpsons episode.
  • The dad who knows too little sums it up i thnk hehe

My fav part is when Bart trys to distract Marg from thinking about homer and lisa who have gone on the run by throwing his bowl of spaghetti at the fan and its splats every where its well funny!!!!!(feel free to correct me if im wrong about it being spaghetti!) oh and when homer draws eye brows on and says you charge how much!!Danni.
  • One of my favourites.

This episode was hilarious, especially the video that homer makes of lisa as a cowgirl saying that her favourite food was mcnuggets (even though she's a vegetarian) and that her best friend was maggie. the Private Detective was terrific especially his scene with Ralph and the scene in the house of mirrors ("i had a feeling the moment you stepped into my office that i'd kill you in a house of mirrors") and homer's idea of irony - "how ironic, now he's blind after a lifetime of enjoying being able to see". the black paint was terrific especially when homer actally draws a frown when saying "you're charging how much for a room?" the phone conversation with marge was terrific aswell.
    Not one dull moment in the whole episode.
  • Homer fails to get Lisa a diary for her birthday. On her birthday, she discovers that Homer knows nothing about her, which made her sad, so Homer hires a PD to get information on Lisa. He does , restoring their relationship. Homer doesn't pay him, making

I liked this episode. Homer saying he chopped up Bart's skateboard with an axe to get the insurance money was my favorite line. The scenes with Homer using that black stuff to draw glasses, eyebrows, and tears were my favorite scenes. Other things that I enjoyed were Lisa, Homer, and Bart wearing T-Shirts that said "Homer's Daughter", "Lisa's Father", and "Bart", that fake "Bridge Out" sign that actually read "Bridge Outstanding", and Homer's videotape for Lisa.
    The plot was okay. It could have been better, but otherwise great. Homer and Lisa have to flee from the cops, when Homer tells Lisa what he was doing, making her mad at him. They free Lisa of the charges, and get the PD(Private Detective) arrested. Lisa discovers that her dad does know things about her at the end, making her stop being mad at Homer. The character development between Lisa and Homer was pretty good, too.
    Overall, good plot, jokes, character development, and an okay plot.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • The best reason this episode is pure brilliant is because it's GODDAM HYSTERICAL!!!

It was: Funny, funny and funny! Those motion pictures were halirious. I laughed my head off at them. Like 'Fatman and Little Boy' this has humour in ever second. It has an excellent and very funny story and some scenes to never forget. Homer and Lisa star in this and make this a very decnet and very fabulous episode I would die for. DEFINITLY one fo teh 3 best Season 14 episodes. I loved it when that detective had to spy on Lisa to get Homr info on her, and Lisa is amazed when Homer sudden;t really knows her. The motion picture was halirious, with Lisa as a cowgirl and it has Homer's voice, and he falls asleep at one part, Lisa's reaction to it made me chuckle. And that TurboDiary thing was also a funny advert, and it's great isa gets it in the end.
  • Average episode of The Simpsons.

Another average episode. There were some funny things about it, and some not so funny. We start with yet another birthday for Lisa - the third and counting. Most of this was funny, however, it shocked me when Lisa said "buy me the friggin' book". Although this isn't swearing as such, it's not the kind of thing a Simpsons character would say, especially Lisa. The writers have done this a lot recently - with comments about the wiener being the strongest muscle in the body, and the word penis used several times. It's not proper Simpsons humor.

Anyway, to get into the storyline, Homer hires a detective to find out stuff about Lisa. Thinking about it, all of this was funny right up until Homer and Lisa went on the run. That's when it became a little boring. There were very few jokes in this bit. I did like when Homer was on the phone to Marge, though.

Overall, a good episode, but could have been a lot better.
CW