The Simpsons

The Daughter Also Rises

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 12, 2012 on FOX

7.7
  • the simpsons the daughter also rises

this was an okay episode of the simpsons it did have some funny parts in it like the mythbusters thing that was quite funny and the whole lisa falls in love has been done plenty of times but it was still alot better than last weeks episode because that episode was awful and the ending was very funny as well
  • fair episode

what i liked:

-the couch gag

-"I got one from Lisa and one from my optometrist"

"That's a bill"

"No, it's got a love stamp!"

-"I dreamed I got fired from the job I dreamed I had"

-homer hoping 4th of july and valentine's day never fall on the same day

-milhouse's look after he touches E8 on the vending machine.

-i can quit anytime i want

-it's a twix.

the rest was kinda boring. 6/10
  • Lisa falls for a boy named Nick; Bart and Milhouse

Marge and Lisa's mother-daughter Valentine's Day plans take a turn when Lisa meets Nick, an intellectual romantic who shares the same passion for culture, history and literature. Lisa and Nick fall head over heels for each other in a fairytale romance and make a secret getaway to Mulberry Island to profess their eternal love. Meanwhile, Bart and Milhouse are inspired by the hosts of their favorite myth-exposing show to debunk Springfield Elementary's own legends. I liked/laughed at Bart and Milhouse kept watching Mthcrackers (but Marge gets in the way), Homer telling the guy "Hey sucker, my wife can do whatever I want on fast ball," the montage of Homer and Bart playing games, Nelson's appearance in the episode, Lisa pretending she's in France (although it was went a little long...for like half a minute), Bart riding Homer's back, Grampa telling Lisa about a love story, Grampa getting caught by the cops, Marge trying to walk with the thing, and the ending. Majority of the subplot with Bart and Milhouse debunking their school was hilarious. Also, the couch gag for this episode was very funny. Overall, this episode had no problems and it is done in an excellent way. 10/10
  • Lisa falls in love while Bart and Milhouse decide to start debunking various myths about Springfield Elementary.

There really is not much to say about this episode that I have not said before in the past. Here we are again with another episode where somebody finds what they think will be their true love until something at the end of the episode dashes those hopes. Despite this criticism this episode does have it's redeeming qualities. Specifically the very funny scenes of Bart and Milhouse testing various myths at the school. The final myth about Eleanor Mackie had me laughing so hard I fell out of my chair. That alone makes this otherwise formulaic episode worth your time. Make a point to see it. Eleanor Mackie, Eleanor Mackie, ELEANOR MACKIE!!!!!!
  • Valentine's Day Review #6

Marge and Lisa's mother-daughter Valentine's Day plans take a turn when Lisa meets Nick, an intellectual romantic who shares the same passion for culture, history and literature. Lisa and Nick fall head over heels for each other in a fairytale romance and make a secret getaway to Mulberry Island to profess their eternal love. Meanwhile, Bart and Milhouse are inspired by the hosts of their favorite myth-exposing show to debunk Springfield Elementary's own legends. I thought that this was a perfect Valentine's Day of "The Simpsons". It was better than last year's Valentine's Day episode "The Blue and the Gray" (maybe it's because it was only Valentine's Day for the first 5 minutes of the episode). Anyways, I really enjoyed the humor and the storyline. The storyline nothing new though.... it's another "Lisa falls in love" episode but I really loved this one and it's probably one of the best "Lisa falls in love" episodes I've seen. There were a lot of parts that made me laugh so hard in this episode but the one part that definitely made me laugh the hardest was when Homer told that guy driving the car "Hey sucker, my wife lets me do whatever I want on Valentine's Day" and then the guy driving the car responds "Lucky bastard" then the wife gives him the look. So yeah, there's nothing much to say here but I just loved it and I thought the ending was good as well. Overall, a perfect Valentine's Day episode of "The Simpsons". 10/10