The Simpsons

The Fight Before Christmas

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Dec 05, 2010 on FOX

7.6
  • What happened in this episode

The worst episode of season 22 so far. It is divided into segments like a treehouse of horror episode. Segment one: Bart journeys to the north pole to get back at santa for not giving him his dirt bike. Once there, he is shocked to find that santa's company is broke. This one was mildly funny, although i didn't really get that he was dreaming, so it didn't really make sense at first. So, this was not the reason I hated the episode.
    Segment 2: This one was Lisa's dream of World War 2 when Marge gets drafted while shopping for a christmas tree. She then tries to get over her fear of christmas trees. We then see marge killing Hitler This one wasn't really funny, the only thing i laughed at was lisa eating meat but boycotting cutting down christmas trees. But it had a fixed storyline, and I knew automatically what it was about so I wasn't confused.
    Segment 3: Marge sends a letter to Martha Stewart who comes and makes crazy changes to the Simpsons house. This one didn't make any sense and was another one where I wasn't sure if she was dreaming or not. Segment 4: This was the reason I hated the episode along with Marge's dream. It had a few good jokes like the hound as a sock puppet saying "uh, we blew our budget on Katy Perry…" But seriously, a muppets parody with the Simpsons as live action puppets and Katy Perry appearing in live action? I was not prepared for something like that. I feel like if you watch this you're either going to like it or hate it, and i hate it. It just doesn't make sense, and seriously: Katy Perry in a tight dress and the sex joke at the end in a kid's Muppets parody? That was just stupid. The only thing I liked about this segment was Grandpa and Jasper in the audience. "I guess that's the end." "of what? the Simpsons?" "No. Christmas!"
    But segment 4 wasn't the only reason I hated this. The whole episode just felt so fragmented. I don't know what I was expecting, a classic christmas special, I guess, like Miracle on Evergreen Terrace, or Simpsons Roasting On an Open Fire. If they'd made Maggie wake up and have something else happen while they where all awake, it might have been okay, but no.

1.9/10