The Simpsons

The Spy Who Learned Me

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 06, 2012 on FOX

7.7
  • A man (Bryan Cranston) teaches Homer on how to become a better husband after Homer embarrasses Marge at the movie theater and gets an injury

After going on "date night" to a spy movie starring crime fighter Stradivarius Cain, Marge becomes upset with Homer for blurting out embarrassing remarks throughout the film, but Homer's attempts to reconcile with Marge do not seem to fix anything. Later, Homer is knocked off a ladder and suffers a concussion on the job, leaving him out of work for six weeks. Instead of telling Marge, Homer decides to use the time to learn how to become a better husband with the help of someone whom he believes is Stradivarius Cain. I thought that this was a great episode of "The Simpsons". Not my favorite episode of the season but it's enjoyable and I don't see anything awful about this episode. The episode did very boring in some parts though which is the reason why my score is low plus the fact that both storylines in the episode were lacking after a while. There were some parts that did give me a good laugh though such as Carl and Lenny enjoying Homer's blurt-outs at the movie theater and high-fiving him, Homer's line "That's What She Said" and then he drives by and high-fives Lenny and Carl, the fact that Krusty the Clown has monkey @$$ hair on his hamburgers and Bart uses that attempt to give Nelson his comeuppance, Homer squirting the lemon on that dude's eye and it did NOT work but he uses the lemon to squirt in his eye and it did work, Cletus the NFL Dancing Robot's appearance and Homer telling him that nobody likes him, and some more. I also thought Bryan Cranston guest starring in this episode as the man (who Homer thinks is a movie actor) helping Homer out and teaching him on to become a better husband. All of his techniques and how to help Homer be a better husband was very entertaining to see. Bryan Cranston is a very good movie/television actor so I was very excited about him guest starring here and he did a terrific job on that. This episode may not be the best but it was fun to watch and it's an episode I can watch again in the future. Overall, a great episode of "The Simpsons". 8/10