The Simpsons

Them, Robot

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 18, 2012 on FOX

• the simpsons them robot

this episode was as funny as i thought it was gonna be because i read the story for this episode and i thought it was gonna suck but i enjoyed and the scene that somehow made me laugh was when homer shouted working hard or hardly working and the scene when the robot kicks one of mr burns's hounds in the air anyhow this was a funny episode
  • Not That Interesting

This episode wasn't that good at all. It wasn't even all that funny. The worst part was probably when Homer repeatedly asked the robots "Working hard or hardly working?". I think that was just there as a filler and nothing more. I also think it's a quite depressing foreshadowing of what our future will be like as far as jobs and unemployment; another reason I didn't like this episode. It was an original story line though, there weren't any other episodes where Mr. Burns had robots working for him, and Homer being the only one that he chose to stay. But overall, not a very exciting episode. 5/10
  • Great episode

Easily one of the best of the season, back to true Simpsons roots at last! Typical of Simpsons storylines a major change is made in the town of Springfield which affects everyone except the Simpsons. Some great moments in this episodes and many to make you laugh!
  • Mr. Burns laid off all of his Power Plant employees except Homer and replaces them with robots

Mr. Burns replaces all of Springfield Power Plant's employees with robotsbut decides to keep Homer as the sole human worker. With unemployment at an all-time high and mechanical arms operating the workplace, Springfield becomes a dismal and humorless place. But when Homer's machine-programmed peers start to turn on the community and his former real-life employees come to the rescue, they all realize that robots can't replace human friends. I thought that this was an excellent episode of "The Simpsons". I loved the episode for the most part. My score is NOT a 10 though because of that long scene with Homer repeatedly asking that robot "Are you working hard or hardly working?.... Can you hear me, are you working hard or hardly working?" and then it goes on and on and got very annoying. Also, Homer got louder and louder the more he asked that question so I even had to lower the volume a little. Other than that one long scene that took a little bit of points off, I really loved this episode. The storyline was well done and there was a lot of amusing humor to this episode. The robots looked very well and Homer getting bored not having anyone work at the Power Plant since everyone else got laid off by Mr. Burns was funny. I thought the scene near the beginning of the episode when Homer is hallucinating that his family is alcohol and then thinks Grandpa's head is a bottle opener and then Grandpa saying "Aaaaahhh... hey, that actually feels pretty good" was hilarious. I also thought the war between the robots and the Power Plant employees that got laid off near the end of the episode was hilarious as well. The very ending of the episode is amusing as well. Everything about this episode was well done and very funny. Though if it wasn't for that one long scene, I would've rated this episode a 10. Overall, an excellent episode of "The Simpsons". 9.5/10
CW