The Simpsons

Treehouse of Horror

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 25, 1990 on FOX

• The first of the Treehouse of Horrors episode sets up a tradition.

This is a great start to the Treehouse Series. They're great because the allow the show to break it's mold and do things that are out of character. Lots of great story lines and all different types of gags. The actual use of the treehouse was a great addition that should definitely be brought back.

Bad House:

Classic storyline this is a great use of the Halloween freedom Not often will we see the family all wielding sharp objects and trying to kill on another. Unfortunately I don't particularly like the the corny ending but the house imploding on itself is a twist that was not easily seen.

Hungry Are The Damned:

Great, the introduction to Kang and Kodos is absolutly great. The whole story is also a very nice nod to the Twilight Zone. This also started one of my favorite gags where Homer is using the barbecue and keeps putting on gallons of lighter fluid only to result in a mushroom cloud. "Anyone from a species that has mastered intergalactic travel, raise your hand."

The Raven:

What to say this is an absolute classic! I've watched this in more than one English class through school and used it in more than one report. E.A. Poe's poem is given a pretty good modern makeover that is a must for anyone interested in his work, not just Simpson fans. Dan Castelanetta does just an amazing job with his reading of the poem really gives a amazing air to the poem. Up to it's original air date this was also one of the most wonderfully animated of Simpsons work.