The Simpsons

Treehouse of Horror

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 25, 1990 on FOX

• A lot better and more than the average Halloween special.

Bad Dream House:
    The Simpsons move into an old house, but later they realize why it was so cheap: it's haunted. That night, the house convinces everyone except Marge that they are against each other and everyone else "must die."
    This wasn't my favorite short, but yet I loved the parts when they got the letter from the other dimension and Homer saying the owner mentioned the house was haunted 5-6 times.

Hungry are the Damned:
    The Simpsons are abducted by aliens. They are given food, drink and entertainment. Lisa thinks that they are fattening the family so they can be eaten. When Kang, Kodos, and Serak find out, they are offended, so they drop them off at their house.
    This was my favorite. I loved K&K appearing for the first time. The space dust gag was pretty good, but I really liked that they had to use two beams to lift Homer into the ship.

The Raven:
    Lisa reads Bart a Simpsonized version of Edgar Allen Poe's classic tale of terror.
    I never read the poem, but Bart saying "Eat My Shorts" was pretty funny, along with Marge having another picture for her hair.

Grade: A-