The Simpsons

Treehouse of Horror

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 25, 1990 on FOX

• Warning: Contains spoilers.

First Treehouse of Horror.. it doesn't disappoint, but it's not a good Treehouse of Horror either. There's only three Halloween cartoons in this episode, which is alright with me. But the third disappoints me terribly. It is boring and not at all fun.

Bad Dream House was an interesting cartoon, and it was funny. The house destroys itself instead of living with the Simpsons, and I thought that was just funny as the words "FedEx" being on a Nascar car. I rate this a 9/10. It wasn't original, but it was all right.

Hungry are the Damned has got to be the best Treehouse of Horrors cartoon ever made. It was hilarious. It was about the Simpsons being abducted by aliens and Lisa Simpson thinking they were fattening them up to eat them. Lisa ruins everything because the aliens didn't want to eat them, and they are sent back to Earth. It was funny, but darn right cruel. 10/10

The Raven is the one that disappoints. It's boring. It's a very old tale that doesn't please this generation, or just me. It was just boring to watch. Even with Homer Simpson as himself acting like the one being scared by the raven, it's still a boring thing. 6/10

The whole plot and the set-up was alright, though. Homer Simpson is listening to Bart and Lisa tell the stories outside the treehouse, and in the end he gets scared. It's not funny, but it sure is interesting and entertaining.

This is a great Treehouse of Horror as the first. Although, it is not good, it's still a good one. Hey, it had to start somewhere.. and it just happened to be one with the Raven as the ending cartoon.