The Simpsons

Treehouse of Horror II

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 31, 1991 on FOX

• My 350th review will be this THOH episode.

The Monkey's Paw

Lisa dreams that the family goes on a trip to Morocco and buys a cursed monkey paw that grants its owner four wishes. By wishing for world peace, Lisa accidentally paves the way for an alien invasion by Kang and Kodos, who enslave the human race.

10 out of 10

The Bart Zone

Bart's dream, in which he has the power to read minds and affect a person with his thoughts, which seems like a wonderful dream for him at first. But eventually, he realizes he has used his powers for evil and repents.

10 out of 10

If I Only Had A Brain

Homer dreams that Mr. Burns steals his brain for a giant robot he's building. Due to an accident, Mr. Smithers is forced to sew Mr. Burns' head onto Homer's body. Then he wakes up. It was all a dream, or was it? When he looks in the mirror, Burns' head is still attached to his.

8.5 out of 10

FINAL SCORE: 9.5 out of 10

• The Simpsons continues its annual Halloween tradition with the second installment of the "Treehouse of Horror" series.

While it is not as good as the first episode of "Treehouse of Horror" (That will always be the best episode I'm sure) this episode is terrific and definitely worth watching. One thing The Simpsons has always done well in its twenty seasons is parody. That certainly shows here with the excellent parody of one of the best episodes of the classic series The Twilight Zone. From the hysterical scene at Dr. Monroe's office ("I'm not nodding. It's the air conditioning.") to the segment's very clever conclusion, it's great fun to watch. The final segment is just as good. Terrific.

• this was a really good tree house of horror

in this halloween anual speical by the simpsons there happens to be a monkey paw that grants wishes nad causes mad things to happen in springfield like falling prey to sadistic space aliens and bart gets powers and turns homer into a jack in the box and causes other mischif.and mr burns starts to work on a robot and builds it but the only thing he needs a brain so he goes searching and finds homers brain and they take it and put it into the robot but the only thing is the robot now becomes as lazy as homer simpson was. this was a classic horror special
  • THOH II

After eating too much candy, the Simpsons have nightmares:

Lisa's Nightmare- Homer gets a monkey's paw that grants wishes but of course, all the wishes backfire, especially when aliens come to conquer Earth.

Bart's Nightmare- Bart has weird supernatural powers that can harm others if they are not happy.

Homer's Nightmare- Mr. Burns puts Homer's brain in a robot, but in the end the robot turns out to be as lazy as Homer, perhaps even more lazy.

One of my favorite early THOH's, I love all the segments and there are some really funny lines throughout. My order of preference is Bart's Nightmare, Homer's, and then Lisa's
  • A Halloween Special classic as usual, not to be missed!

I like this Treehouse Of Horror alot, because it has alot of really good jokes and funny quotes. Not only that, but all of the stories/dreams are great fun. The build up is that Homer, Bart, and Lisa eat loads of candy and it gives them nightmares and a really bad night. All of the stories are top quality.

The Monkey's Paw
    Grade: B

This one's pretty good. This is Lisa's dream. Not the strongest one though but still very good. The story is simple, yet it has alot of small but funny jokes and some of the wishes come out with funny moments (e.g Homer's "The Turkey's a little dry!" comment). Overall, good story.

The story is that The Simpsons go to Morocco and they buy this Monkey Paw. This is no ordinary paw however. It allows them to grant four wishes which don't always fulfil what they want. Everything goes fine until Lisa wishes for world peace which causes the aliens (Kang and Kodus) to take over Earth, who then enslave the human race.

The Bart Zone
    Grade: A

This one's very funny. This is Bart's dream. It probably has the biggest jokes out of the three but I like this one simply because of the way everyone is scared and frightened of Bart's mind. The story however, is a bit lackluster and ends rather suddenly and predictable. However, the jokes make up for this one, and it's a nice take on an old Twilight Zone episode.

The story is about a boy who can cause things to happen with his mind. That person is Bart Simpson. He can read minds and everyone has to be happy to him to avoid the consequences. However, when Homer tries to attack Bart he turns him into a Jack-In-A-Box. After having some quality time with each other, Bart and Homer know longer hate each other. Homer requests Bart to turn him back to his normal self, and Bart turns him back.

If Only I Had A Brain
    Grade: A*

This is my favourite, simply because it has the cleverest jokes and the best story out of the three. This is Homer's dream. Mr Burns and Smithers are just fantastic in this one, and Homer's mind inside a robot which replicates him is just hilarious with all the quotes he comes out with (Mmm Sprinkles!). There's also a rather unexpecting twist at the end and this is just a superb Halloween story overall.

The story is about Homer getting a new job as a gravedigger and he falls asleep. Smithers takes his body to the lab and takes out his brain. Mr Burns' new robot needs a brain to work, so they put in Homer's brain and it starts functioning. However, the robot turns out to be a disaster and rather annoying (e.g keeps eating and looking for donuts) and Mr Burns wants the machine to stop.
    As Homer's brain returns to his body, Mr Burns knocks over the robot onto him and it crushes his body. Mr Burns tells Smithers to get some surgical tools... but then Homer wakes up and finds out that Mr Burns' head was sewn to his neck!

Conclusion

This is a fantastic Halloween Special and you can't miss it out! Plenty of jokes and great memorable moments (e.g waking up from the dreams, who wakes up like that lol!) this is one of those specials you can't miss! One of my favourites as well. A must see, I'd recommend it!
  • The second Treehouse of Horror, and still amazing comedy that has been brought to the table again

After eating piles and piles of Halloween candy, Bart, Lisa and Homer have nightmares that haunt them all night. Lisa dreams that the family goes on a trip to Morocco and buys a cursed monkey paw that grants its owner three wishes. By wishing for world peace, Lisa accidentally paves the way for an alien invasion by Kang and Kodos, who enslave the human race. Homer dreams that Mr. Burns steals his brain for a giant robot he's building. Due to an accident, Mr. Smithers is forced to sew Mr. Burns' head onto Homer's body, creating a horrific two-headed creature. Bart's dream, in which he has the power to read minds and affect people with his thoughts, seems less like a nightmare at first. But eventually, he realizes he's used his powers for evil and repents.
  • Tree House Of Horror 2!

Tree House Of Horror 2 is a great episode. Of course all the tree house of horror episodes are! No wonder why the tree house of horror episode are still going on after 17 episodes! The plot of this episode is a rather simple one. Homer is siting at home watching tv on halloween when Bart, Marge, Lisa and Maggie walk in the house with lots of candy after they go trick or treating. Marge warns the family not to eat to much but homer, lisa and bart do anyway. this results in homer, lisa and bart having a bad dream each. The 1st is lisa's. Lisa dream is that the family gets a weird hand that grants five wishes but most of them have a curse attached. Bart's dream is that he has the power to do what ever he wants. You may think this is a great dream but then at the end homer kisses his son! Homer's bad dream is that his brain get's put in a robot by mr burns. This episode is a series classic and is great to watch.
  • THoH II...

Here's the second THoH. It's much better than the first in my opinion. Monkey's Paw: In this clip, Homer buys a monkey paw from some guy in the desert. He is granted a limited number of wishes.

the bart zone: In this clip, Bart imagines he has mind reading powers and pretty much is the king of Springfield.

if only I had a brain: Burns tries to get the brain out of Homer for a robot in this clip.

Overall, THoH II is much better than the first, but it's not nearly the best THoH created. There are much better ones to come in the future.
  • Pretty good, but not as much as the first one.

My main issue for this episode is that it wasn't spooky enough but other than that, it was awesome. The first act was the best of the three. The Simpsons' make all these self-indulgent wishes and the world ends up suffering. Luckily, a board with a nail in it comes to the rescue. Act two wasn't all that memorable mainly because of its ending. Homer just returns to his normal self and Bart wakes up. The third act was pretty good. Mr. Burns creates this robot and puts Homer's brain in its head. It does nothing but eat and sleep (sound like anyone you know?). The twist at the end was genius and a perfect ending for this episode.

Grade: B+
  • I find this episode medium.

It ain't my style- the second one was kinda funny- but it wasn't as funny as I thought it will be. The third one was just weird- which I liked but I didn't really laugh- but the first one ! Oh man it was the best of em all ! It really made me laugh ! Especially the scene when Homer buys the monkey paw- and the scene when the get rid of the aliens. Without the first story I would give this episode 8.0 but with monkey paw It's really worth those 0.6 extra points.
  • The tree house of horror 2

In my opinion I think this is one of the best and funniest tree house of horror, all the dream they had was funny especialy the Bart zone That was one of my favourite dreams
    and second is the monkeys paw and last is if I Only Had A Brain.
  • Treehouse of Horror tries to bring the spooks

The Monkey's Paw: This was a good premise to base a Treehouse of Horror segment upon. Homer buys a monkey's paw that grants him three wishes. He uses it to become rich and famous. He wastes the last one on a sandwich. Soon, everyone gets tired of them so Homer throws it away. A nice twist at the end shows the monkey's paw backfiring on Homer.

The Bart Zone: The least funny or scary of the three. This was a good premise, yet it wasnt used to its full potential.

If I Only Had a Brain: This one is weirf. Mr. Burns uses Homer's brain to make a robot worker. Too bad, it backfires on him as well. Creepy ending though.
  • The second Treehouse of Horror.

In the second annual terror-themed trilogy there are three more horror stories. In the first story, "The Monkey's Paw," a monkey's paw that grants wishes leads humanity to fall prey to a sadistic space aliens. In the second story, "The Bart Zone," Bart assumes incredible powers for mischief, and he turns Homer into a giant Jack-in-the-box. In the third and last story, "If I Only Had a Brain," Homer dreams Mr. Burns puts Homer's brain into a robot, but due to a accident Mr. Smithers has to cut of Mr. Burns head and put it on Homers body. I liked this Treehouse of Horror pretty well, but I liked the first one better.
  • Better than the first, and it's hard to. {May contain spoilers}

Lisa's Nightmare(Monkey's Paw): The family is on vacation in Morocco. Homer then goes to a stand and buys a monkey's paw that grants wishes, not listening to the man saying that every wish will bring something bad with the wish.

When they get home, Maggie wishes for a new pacifier. The downside: It arrives in a limo, and then it drives away, to Homer's despair. Then Bart wishes the family rich and famous. The downside: Everyone thinks they're annoying.

Lisa wishes for world peace. But then, being fond of Earth's new pacifism, Kang and Kodos take over the world, making humans their slaves.

This short was really good, not the best here, but it was very well plotted. It was a wonderful starter for this TOH special. Grade so far: A- or 9.2.

Bart's Nightmare(The Bart Zone): Everyone in Springfield is happy, but they looked like they've been forced to be this way. They all think happy thoughts all the time to avoid a monster turning them into something grotesque and hideous. You'd never guess this sort of monster happens to be Bart Simpson, with the power to read minds and turn people into stuff.

Everyone is nice to him, being aware of his powers. Otto lets him drive the school bus, Mrs. Krabappel gives him A's and a throne in the classroom.Skinner even sings to him. They do this because they are afraid of him.

When he gets mad at Homer because he couldn't watch Krusty, who's been on for 360 consecutive straight hours. He turns a football into Homer, where it misses the field goal and hits the post.
    When Homer gets back with a head injury, he is about to hit Bart with a chair, where he is turned into a jack-in-the-box.

This short was tied with the Monkey's Paw for second in TOH II. Greatness in this episode is yet to come, but it was still very good and it improved my opinion of this episode by .3, making my grade so far a 9.5/10.

Homer's Nightmare(If Only I Had A Brain): Homer is fired from work one day from sleeping on the job. After being unemployed for about a day, Bart gives him an idea for a job which he takes: grave digger.

After Willie leaving him, Homer falls asleep again in a grave he digs. Meanwhile, Burns and Smithers search for a human brain to use for their robot. They find Homer, thinking he's dead. Then they remove the brain and insert it in the robot.

When the robot starts working (or should I say, lazing around), Burns finds it completely useless; it has Homer's brain. When Burns takes the brain out of the robot and back in Homer's head, he kicks it and the robot falls on Mr. Burns. He tells Smithers that he has surgical tools in his desk.

When Homer wakes up from Bart pinching him, he goes to the bathroom. It was all a dream, or was it? When he looks in the mirror, Burns' head is attached to his.

This was my favorite short; Mr. Burns making up every symptom for a fever when the robot falls on him was pretty funny. I'll always remember this line "Mmmmmm... sprinkles."

Grade: A

• Another treehouse of horror

the best segment in this halloween special was the monkey's paw in which homer buys a monkey's paw from an indian market. this has many great jokes at the beginning including the souvenir scene where he has to pay a fine of two american dollars and the market scene where homer points and says "he was right over..." and gasps at a whirlwind then realises "oh, wait, he's over there" and points left of where he was pointing. their wishes always backfire except flanders' whose wishes always work out well. this was a great halloween one but the treehouse of horror episodes get better every year.
  • Good, surpurb. But not like :Horror:

7.9
    It is not the TreeHouse Of Horror to see.It has 3 storys as knitmares from Bart,lisa and Homer. It wasn't like a Horror, the first 1st like luck to get a wishing thing, the 2nd one, not much horror but cool, and the 3rd had no good horror. It was good for only the 2nd, but as Fox are inproving the simposons season by Season, we'll see 30X better or 100X better! I did enjoy it but it was not a worth while. They didn't have
    much horror. More "Adventuruis" than "Horror". This reveiw is 100 words long.
FOX