The Simpsons

Treehouse of Horror IV

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 28, 1993 on FOX

• The Simpsons continues its annual Halloween tradition with the fourth installment of the "Treehouse of Horror" series.

This episode in the long running Halloween series is the best since the premier "Treehouse of Horror" episode. The stories are all fantastic. They are very well written and will keep you laughing through out. Again The Simpsons shows its excellent talent for parody with "Terror at 5 1/2 Feet". A terrific parody of one of the best episodes of The Twilight Zone ever. "The Devil and Homer Simpson" will have you laughing from start to finish. The scenes of Homer's trial are very well done. The dialouge and sight gags all work perfectly. A comedy of horror for sure!

• One of the best Treehouse of Horrors.

The Devil and Homer Simpson: A very good segment with lots of humor. Homer selling his soul just for a doughnut was great. My favorite part was the ironic punishment scene where Homer ate every doughnut in the world. Grade: A

Terror at 5 1/2 Feet: Had some good moments and laughs, like Bart going crazy, but got kind of lame at some parts. I liked it, but it's definitely my least favorite short out of the three.

Grade: B-

Bart Simpson's Dracula: I love this segment, the dialogue in this one was priceless, and the ending was comedy gold. It's tied with the first segment as my favorite short.

Grade: A

An overall excellent Treehouse of Horror.
  • Second Best THOH

The Devil and Homer Simpson: Homer sells his soul, but is eventually sent to Hell, until Marge convinces the devil to have a trial for Homer. At the trial, Homer is freed, but the devil turns his head into a doughnut. Best segment on here, lots of hilarious moments. A+

Terror at 5 1/2 ft: Bart claims to have seen a gremlin on the bus. Some funny parts, but not that great. Weakest segment. C

Bart Simpson's Dracula: Mr. Burns is a vampire, and he bites Bart, and the family goes to kill Burns so Bart can return to normal. However, after killing Burns it's discovered that Marge is the head vampire, and everyone in the family is a vampire. Funny, falls just a little short of the first segment. A-

Overall, an entertaining episode for all to enjoy, watch the first segment if yo haven't seen it (although it's pretty well known.) 9.5/10 A
  • this was a good tree house of horror

in this ep of the simpsons treehouse of horror the show begins like it normal does and bart is telling three stores one story involves homer who goes to work and starts to worry that most of all the good doughnuts is gone and so he says he will sell his soul for a dounut and so the devil who is disquside as flanders and he takes the offer and there is court haring with all the most deocred horror stars michle and jason and freddie and others . and the second story bart sees a gremlin on the bus and he thinks it bad and he warns the princebul and the prince abou things its just a joke but its not and things go wrong and the third involves vampires and mr burns is the head vampire like a old horror franchise . this was good ep
  • THOH IV

Annual Treehouse of Horror Stories:

The Devil and homer Simpson- Homer promises to trade his soul for a donut, and the devil, looking like Ned Flanders, makes sure he keeps his end of this bargain. Grade- A

Nightmare At 4 1/2 Feet- Bart thinks he sees a gremlin on the bus. C+/B-

Bart Simpsons' Dracula- The Simpsons think Burns is a vampire, which he is, but they also think he is the head vampire. Turns out the head vampire is actually Marge. Grade- B

The best was the first, then the last, then the middle, keep in mind these are all my opinion
  • This is what the Treehouse of Horror series is all about, it combines great horror with without a doubt flippen amazing humor...

With a Night Gallery style opening, Bart introduces three tales. The Devil and Homer Simpson Homer falls asleep, while Carl and Lenny eat all the doughnuts. When he realizes that all the nearest doughnuts are gone, he sells his soul for a doughnut. The devil comes up and signs a contract with him, causing more mischief than Homer thought. His family saves him from an eternity of damnation by a fair trial. Terror at 5 1/2 Feet Bart dreams about his death on the schoolbus, and later realizes, that his dream is starting to become real when he is the only one to see a gremlin taking down the bus piece by piece. Nobody sees it except for him, so he tries to get it off. Bart Simpson's Dracula Mr. Burns is a vampire and Bart falls victim to his bite, Lisa convinces the rest of the family they must go to his castle and put an end to the curse.
  • Homer the Vampire Slayer

This is another one of the most perfectly done anthology halloween episodes of Simpsons. I really love the fact that the format homages on Rod Stirling's "Night Galery" (another of my favorate anthology horror shows)and all those painting in the background.

The Devil and Homer Simpson: Homer has done a lot of stupid things in his lifetime but selling his soul for a doughnut takes the cake, in fact it's probably the stupidest bargin anyone would make in the entire universe. It was really funny and made sense the Ned Flanders would be The Devil, he still had a bit of that personality we knew well but had evil attached to it to make him a bit menicing. My favorate part in that tale was of course seeing Homer go to Hell and then he's hooked up to that torture machine to eat all of the doughnuts in the world, and he litterally does just that. Nightmare at 5 and a half feet: A parody on of course "The Twilight Zone" anthology tale "Nightmare at 1,000 feet" it was just funny and a bit sad seeing poor Bart trying to prove to everyone there is a gremlin destroying the bus but of course everyone believes he's crazy or as usual their all just too stupid to even look out the window enough. Bart Simpson's Dracula: This is my fifth favorate anthology tale in the series. Monty Burns was great in the Dracula role. It even had a small homage in once scene where Bart and the other kids hover above Lisa's window which was toward both the movie "The Lost Boys" and Steven King's "Salem's Lot". But of course this who story is driven by the jokes, two of my favorates are of course seeing Bart as usual exersise stupidity when he is running for his life he then stops to activate a lever labeled "Super Fun Happy Slide" even Homer almost falls for the trap, yeah unfortunately this further proves Bart has a lot of his father in him.

But most of all it was the vampire slaying sequence which just made me laugh my head off. Where Homer sticks and hammers the stake in the wrong place ouch, but then gets it right of course second time around and gets fired by Burns before he dies, comic gold. But the twist end is great just when you think it's over it's not.
  • horror + funny

With a Night Gallery style opening, Bart introduces three tales. The Devil and Homer Simpson:

Terror at 5 1/2 Feet:

Bart Simpson's Dracula:
  • The 4th Halloween Special Episode

This was a well written episode. The first and second stories were great, but the third one was excellent. My favorite character is Mr. Burns and the third part involved him, so that made me happy. He was a vampire and he bit Bart. Everyone had to try to kill the head vampire. They killed Mr. Burns, but then everyone thinks that they are the head vampire. It ends with Marge saying that she is the head vampire. The first part's funniest thing was when Homer ate tons and tons of donuts. Excellent episode. keep up the good work, simpsons writers!
  • Dracula has something to say.. Oh and the Devil also.

This episode was a 2/3 score- two really good storys- First one tells a tale of Forbidden doughnut- thats a classic, with the devil Flanders.. It was really great. second one was funny but I didn't like it very much. The third one though was great- with Mr.Burns as Vampire !. To sum up.. mmm.. Forbidden doughnut.. *drools*. 8.7.
  • Great episode!

This episode is really cool and I think that this is one of the funniest treehouses of horros of all, and well is really cool, first is the one between HOmer and Devil and is really cool that Homer sell his soul for one simple dount, and the end is hilarious, later the one from the gremlin and the thing about the moleman was really cool and the last one was the funniest of all, it was a really cool!
  • Another great halloween episode.

I don't know if its me or if there's something about these types of episodes I love, it might even be the time of year the treehouse of horror episodes come out but they always seem to be funnier each year. this year they have an episode with Homer selling his soul to the devil for a doughnut, then they have an episode of an old story abut a gremlin ripping apart a plane but in the simpsons its a scholl bus, and the final one my favorite episode Bart Simpsons dracula in this final episode Bart turns into a Dracula and later on the simpsons think they must kill Mr.Burns to get rid of all vampires but they are wrong because at the end it is actually Marge who is head vampire. I remember sitting there just thinking wow Marge? well anyways this is one of the all time best treehouse of horrors well atleast in my opinion.
  • In this episode, the simpsons battle the devil, little gremlins and Vampires.

In the first one, about the devil, Homer wishes for a donut and will give his soul for it. So Ned flanders comes - as the devil. Homer tricks the devil by not eating the WHOLE donut. But for a midnight snack, Homer eats the 'soul donut'

In the second one, It starts with Bart dreaming about his own death. Then when he hops on the bus for school, he sees a little gremlin on the side of the bus - tearing it apart.

In the third episode, There have been people found with 2 bite holes in the neck. The police believe that it is a mummy. Then you learn that Burns bought out the blood bank. He then invites the simpsons' family to a castle in Penslyvania. (sorry for the spelling!) and asks them before they come to clean their necks!

A good episode!! Fun! :D
  • This is by far my fave TOH.

The Devil and Homer Simpson:
    This is great segment. Ned being the Devil is just pure Irony. Although, its really kinda funny if you think about it. But it just shows that Homer really would sell his soul for a donut.

Terror at 5 1/2 Feet:
    This was a great parody of The Twilight Zone. Bart was great in this segment.

Bart Simpson's Dracula:
    This one is the whole reason I love this episode. Not only does it take place in Pennsylvainia (my home state), its a very well written Bart episode.

Overall:
    The fact the whole episode mostly centers around bart is great. Bart is my favorite character and to see him not only host it but for 2 outta 3 segments to be centered around him is great.
  • My second favorite TOH.

"The Devil and Homer Simpson"
    This one is my favorite of the three stories. It involves Homer selling his soul to the devil for a donut. Lionel Hutz also appeared in this one with some great moments such as the part where he flees from the trial.
    "Nightmare at 5.5 Feet"
    Even though it is the weakest of the three, it is still very hilarious. It has some great Skinner moments as well such as "I hear that a child on this bus is using his imagination, and I've come to put a stop to it."
    "Dracula"
    There's a really good story with non-stop humor. There's the part where Burns forgets to turn off the intercom, Homer's ignorance that Burns is a vampire, and the ending where they start singing, which is one of the most random endings I've ever.
  • I'm a big totally fan to watch The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror! Now on to Treehouse of Horror IV.

I like the last part when Mr. Burns is a vampire! I like this part when the Simpsons family are taking a old castle at Transavilla (which is Castlevania maybe), Bart id drinking a blood! Ha ha that is funny (but I though that blood is from to the blood drive!), Lisa and Bart are invesgating at the Mr. Burns coffin room untill she found a book called "How to take a blood" and them the zombies are after Bart untill he's a vampire!, next Homer is trying to kill the head-vampire Mr. Burns; Homer has mistaken hit the crouch and finally he killed it, finally Grandpa, Bart, Homer, and Marge are vampires after kill Mr. Burns and the lines always said "No I'm a head-vampire (gollish laughter!) and finally "Happy Halloween Everybody!" untill the gollish christmas version of "Hark, the Angle Signning."

This Halloween specal was totally cool! I love Halloween all the time!
  • What can I say?

This episode is easily my favourite Treehouse of Horror episode in the whole series, closely followed up by TTOH 5 on season 6. My favourite segment of this episode is the first one when Homer's head gets turned into a doughnut (or donut) by the evil Devil Flanders! This episode made the Treehouse of horror series IMO!
  • One of the greatest.

Not as good as 15 and 16, but this is still very good. 3 very scary tales: Homer sells his soul for one doughnut, Bart notices a ghoul on the bus and Burns (as Dracula) invites the famil around for a really spooky dinner. I love these-Especially the first and last one, they are the best. The third one wasn't too good, but still cool. I personally like the third one though. It's great to watch on Halloween. I love it!
  • an awesome halloween episode

the fourth treehouse of horror episode in the series, the first segment is one of the most well-known segments in halloween episodes, though not the most well-known. this segment "the devil and homer simpson" stars phil hartman as the always funny lionel hutz, his incompetence in this episode shown by him jumping out of the bathroom window. homer in hell was quite good, enjoying the punishment of eating all the donuts in hell. the second segment was not as good and not really worth mentioning although it does have its funny moments. the vampire one is my favourite of the three segments with hilarious scenes such as the super fun happy slide and burns holding down the button on the intercom. another one of my favourite scenes is where a wall is separated revealing a laundry. treehouse of horror 4 is a very good installment but there are a few treehouse of horrors better than this one.
  • Easily the best Treehouse of Horror episode yet.

Like all Treehouse of Horror episodes, this episode consists of three short stories, and I will review each one seperatly:

The Devil and Homer Simpson: My favourite of the three, Homer sells his soul for a doughnut, and spends the day in hell waiting for his trial. Homer's soul is found the property of Marge, so Homer is let go, but is forced to live the rest of his life with a doughnut for a head. Features one of my Favourite characters, Lionel Hutz, and has a lot of humour in it.

Terror at 5 1/2 feet: There is a gremlin on the side of the bus, and only Bart can see it. A send up of a Twilight zone episode, this is my least favourite of the three, but is still very entertaining. Kang and Kodas make an appearance, and features some great humour coming from Principle Skinner. It's my least favourite, but it still a great short.

Bart Simpsons Dracula: Bart is bitten by Mr. Burns, and becomes a Vampire. The family set out to kill the head Vampire, Mr. Burns, but once they do, they learn that he's not the head Vampire. Some very funny lines and scenes in this short. Some of the scenes are very well done, and is all in all, a great short.

Treehouse of Horror IV is easily the best Treehouse of Horror yet, and one of my Favourite episodes.
CW