The Simpsons

Treehouse of Horror VI

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 29, 1995 on FOX

• The Simpsons continues its annual Halloween tradition with the sixth installment of the "Treehouse of Horror" series.

This chapter in the long running series begins with an excellent opening segment. "Attack of the 50 Ft. Eyesores" was terrific. A very clever idea that worked very well. Being a huge "Godzilla" fan I loved the nod to the iconic monster after Homer stole Lard Lad's donut. I fell pretty much the same way about "Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace". A great parody of a popular horror series with a lot of laughs. The part of the segment where we learn how Willie came to be the demon he is was rip roaring hysterical. Though it was the most hyped of the three segments "Homer 3" was my least favorite. For some reason or another I just did not enjoy it as much. Still it was very well animated. I always look forward to "Treehouse of Horror" every year. This episode is a perfect example why.
  • Awesome Treehouse of Horror

Attack of the 50 ft. eyesores: A parody of Godzilla and similar monster movies, when all the billboard icons come alive. Very Funny, but still probablly the worst one on here. 9/10 A-

Nightmare on Evergreen Terrance: Easily the best segement on here, this one parodies "Nightmare on Elm Street" where Willy is accidently killed by Homer, and the other parents just watch him die. There were very funny moments on here like how the school couldn't get funds for fire extingiushers, and the dreams were great too. 10/10 A+

Homer3: The middle segement, in this parody of "Tron" and a Twilight Zone episode, Homer gets trapped in a 3 Dimensional world. The family tries to save him, but he is sucked into... the real world! 9.5/10 A

Overall, one of the best THOH's, and if you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and watch it. 10/10 A+
  • One of their Best THOHs

Attack of the 50 Foot Eyesores- Giant mascots for various companies come to life and terrorize Springfield. Will the Springfielders be able to overcome this?

Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace- A Hilarious parody of the popular teen franchise Nightmare on Elm Street. What else is there to be said other than hilarious?

Homer3: Homer enters the third dimension to escape Patty and Selma when they visit.

All three segments were great, my order would go Nightmare, Homer3, and Attack, but all three were great, overall, one of my favorite halloween specials of the series, this episode easily gets an A+ from me. Perfect
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the annal treehous of horro speacial it starts off like normal in the three stories first the ads of springfield start to come to life and terriorize springfield and homer steels a dounut from the doughnut man and the ad comes knocking at his door . and the second storie its a school meeting and familys are there but willie dies in fire at the school vow to kill the children in the dreams like freddi couger. and so he starts to kill them and bart and lisa and maggie stop him . this was a good storie and it had alot humor to it. and third homer is traped in third demension when he hides behide a book case . and the town is tring to get him out but i collapes in there and he falls in the real world . this was a good ep
  • I loved this ep!

I loved this episode because I really enjoyed the story of Homer through the wall. I first saw this one when I was a little kid and it freaked me out a bit but I also liked it because it was cool! If i had aunts like patty and selma then I'd want to find a hiding place too! But a portal through the wall into a 3d world is a little scary. What if i lost my way.... I like the part when homer kicks some of the 3d objects and makes the 3d world collapse. Bart getting sucked into the real world was hilarious too. As a little kids I remember thinking that it looked so cool to see a cartoon in the real world. I loved this ep!
  • Homer in Tron World

This is another one of the best and last great Treehouse of Horror anthology episodes, it's my second favorate of the bunch because there is not one dull moment nor one bad tale in my opinion anyway.

Attack of the 50 foot eyesores is obviously a parody on tons of those giant monster movies "Godzilla", "Tremors", "Them", "Cloverfield", the Ray Harryhousen films, you name it. This is one of the funniest ones I've seen, it all of course starts when Homer whom is desperate for a donut does something as usual really stupid in fact plan illogical. He steels the giant donut out of their donut mascot, what the hell Homer is going to do with an uneatable steel donut is anyones guess.
    Then of course each and every advertisement mascot comes to life and destroys most to all of Springfield. I'll admit it was just hilarious I don't know wether the people of springfield ought to run for terror or be plain embarassed, probably both. My favorate moment in the film was when the Donut Boy mascot visits the Simpson's home and want his doughnut back but Homer doesn't want to give it back and mislead the mascot into thinking Flanders has it, so the mascot goes over them and kills and wrecks Flanders house in disapointment. Man that's like the second time Homer killed Flanders in a Treehouse of Horror Anthology series this on was an indirect kill. Hommer then finally listens to Lisa whom proposed the cliched deus ex machina horror movie resolution which is to give the donut back and everything will go back to normal. Homer gives the donut back but unfortunately just made things worse when the macot uses it to smash other houses and things in his way;I cracked up after that.

Nightmare on Evergren Terrance: This is another of my favorate tales mainly because it parodies on one of my favorate horror films which is obvious "Nightmare on Elm Street". It's all played out well to be both funny and a little scary at times. Willy was great at playing the "Freedy Kruger" role (liked how his rake acted as the trademark slacher weapon of Freddy's which is the razor claws) he was as usual funny with that gruff Scotsman persona but was menicing at the same time knowing this guy's not joking. I really like the origin of this villan which was diffent with Freddy's, with Freddy it was unsympathetic but with Willy it is sympatheic (and may'be blackly funny) because we see what killed him was mainly budget cuts from the P.T.A. and School Board whom were too lazy to spend money on what the school seriously needed, honestly what idiot would cut funding on Fire Extinquishers unfortunately they were those idiots and the cut funding was their death warrant.

It sort of makes sense that Martin would get it first, the dream just proves how much of a narsist he is, I'll admit it was a little scary because it just went to show how unsafe the Simpson kids are, even the scene before it we saw Bart's inflected wound with the claw rake which I'll admit was painful to see because it looked like it really hurt that also produced an unsafe feeling. The funniest scene for me would be seeing Martin being taken to the corner but then the sheet covering his body came of and everyone in the class screams and then it accidently gets to another classroom and everyone screams.
    It of coruse all comes down to a final showdown, where we see the daftest monster transformation ever which is a Giant Bagpipe monster; I admire Maggie for being the one to slay that monster in the end which was very simple sort of similar to that principle in video game bosses where the solution is always simple but doesn't seem that way at first, horray for her.

And of course last is Homer 3-D which is a parody on a Twilight Zone anthology tale "Little Girl Lost" and of course the film "Tron". I'll admit for it's time this was truely revolutionary, it was greating seeing what Homer and even Bart would look like in 3-D, it was amazing because they looked real and as usual it was funny both were in character the whole way though and were as amazed as we were about their current likeness. I love the fact Bart was the only one whom had the guts to go into that dimetional votex and safe his father while everyone else just chickened out, it's another reason Bart is one of my favorate characters he's not gutless (at least not all the time or by practice). Though I'll admit the ending was bittersweet, it was a little sad that Bart failed to save his father when Homer couldn't jump far enough from the hole vacum (though I cant' quite understand why Homer couldn't of just ran around the 3-D grid to get across, probably wasn't enough time so I won't hold it against him). But it was pure comic gold when we seen Homer in our world and what he looks like, everyone was looking at him really strangely likewise for him and then goes to a bakery to well do what he does best which is gorge on food. Homer has truely gone one step beyond from "Tron" world to our world.
  • Truly the best Simpsons Halloween episode ever!

My first Simpsons episode review. As my summary says, this is the best Simpsons Halloween episode. My favorite Halloween segment was "Homer-3". Homer goes into the third dimension (otherwise known as 3-D or CGI). The funniest parts I've seen are Homer getting hit a cone and saying "Watch it, coney!", throwing it and it makes a hole, Homer saying "Crap!" when he falls down in the hole, and Homer hitting the dumpster while he enters the live-action world. The other segments are pretty good too. My brother and I have this episode on the "Treehouse of Horror" DVD and the Season 7 boxset. Like I said, this episode is the best!
  • The Simpsons and horror; the perfect mix.

Wow, this was a great experience. Until now, we have had very solid tree house of horror specials. The tree segments work perfectly. I am a fan of the horror genre and when I find the Simpson family going through all the crazy stuff that happens to them on Halloween, all I can do is to applause whoever came with this great idea. I have a little problem with the stories when the family seems to be not disturbed at all by the circumstances that are surrounding them. On the other hand, when the family reacts naturally to the situation, I feel really connected to them as if I were part of the story.

A very fun episode!
  • The word Treehouse of Horror should spell huge success

In this year's blood-chilling blockbuster boo-fest, the Simpsons celebrate Halloween with three visions of terror. First, Springfield is destroyed by a band of angry, marauding billboard icons. The Lard Lad, Professor Peanut, and the Duff Cowboy escape their billboards and crush everything in sight until guest star Paul Anka saves the day with a catchy jingle. In the second segment, Groundskeeper Willie picks off the students of Springfield Elementary one-by-one. In a flashback, we learn that Willie was accidentally murdered by the kids' parents, and plans to kill the children in their dreams for revenge. It's up to Bart, Lisa, and a quick-thinking baby Maggie to fight him in dreamland. In the third segment, Homer steps into an alternate dimension, where he becomes a 3-D rendering. He finds that he's trapped in the digital world and all the attempts to save him by Professor Frink, Chief Wiggum and Ned Flanders are useless. Once again, it falls to Bart to save the day, but he fails when the digital universe implodes, sending Homer into an even scarier world: ours. Guest Star: Paul Anka as himself.
  • One of the best THoH!

Attack of the 50-Foot Eyesores- After Homer steals Lard Lad's giant dount bliboards come to life and attack the residents of Springfield. No one seems to be able to stop them, until Lisa gets a idea. Just ignore them. Soon, everyone turns away and ignores the bilboreds. They all fall and are destroyed.
    Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace- Bart suffers from a dream which hurts him. He learns so did other kids. Lisa nd Bart ask their parents and learn they are being attacked by Willie, whom was burned in the school and no one helped him. Bart enters the dream to stop Willie and suceeds. He wakes up hoping its over, but sees Willie in the outside world.
    Homer 3- Homer is sucked into a 3D world and the world soon starts to collapse. The family, Wiggum, and Frink attempt to get him out, but Bart goes in after his dad. He tries to save Homer, but Homer falls through the hole. Homer arrives in the real world, where he enters a cake shop.
  • Martin died at school today. Martin's felt?

This is the sixth Treehouse of Horror. Martin dided at school when he finished math. He joked AND DIDED! Martin shouldn't die. Poor Martin. When Marge waits for Selma and Patty, they have to hide. Homer was hiding in the closet.

Now Homer had to hide in the wall but he was inside and hes threed.

Homer broke into peices when Bart got to threed and he fell down. Now Homer is broken.

It's so spooky and fun to watch on Halloween. Watch this spooky episode.

So spooky and Homer broke into peices.

Watch it.

It's fun on Halloween and all ages to watch it.
  • treehouse of horror.....need i say more

this is an amazing ep....i love all the treehouse series, but this one is my fave... i loved the play on freddy kruger willy kills the kids in their dreams and so on and so forth..not a fan of the attack of th 50 ft... but its ok...the best by far is homer3....amazing ahead of its time, the way he goes into the 3rd dimension and is transformed with computer graphics...unbelievable!!! i love this epidoe...i just watched it again today and its funnier everytime i c it..i love the ending where he is dropped from the world in2 real time CA...and he is still Homer...the ending..priceless...simply homer saying..MmMM Erotic cakes
  • Killer icons of advertisement, a three-dimensional parallel world, and a Freddy impersonator

Treehouse of Horror VI is my favorite of the Halloween specials which I look forward to all year long. The first I saw of these segments was personal favorite "Homer^3" where Homer discovers a 3-D world in an attempt to escape his sisters-in-law. The last shot where he wanders in the "weird place" of our existence was priceless right up to the "Ooh, erotic cakes" remark and the ending theme of a different softer nature in contrast to other specials which was all good. The first segment was pretty good especially in a few key moments where the Zip Boys icons run away with difficulty due to their enlarged heads and the old crazy Jewish man calls out "Hey, fellas, where are you going at this hour? Hey, don't scratch up them heads!" Also I relate to the second segment which Groundskeeper Willie filled in Robert Englund's renowned role as the murderous child killer who is later after Bart and Lisa but leaves his gun on the bus and comically chases after it in the end. Plus, this is also the only time I've heard Homer say "Or Moe, go kill Moe."
  • This is the 6th episode of "Treehouse Of Horror" ever made.

This is my review for "Treehouse Of Horror VI". It is one of my favorite episodes of "The Simpsons" ever made. It is also one of a few "Treehouse Of Horror" episodes that are perfect for watching any day of the year, due to little Halloween refrences. Others include: "Treehouse Of Horror XI", "Treehouse Of Horror XIII", and "Treehouse Of Horror XV". What makes this episode special to me is the fact that it is the first episode to use computer-animation, which was really cool. There is also a parody for "A Nightmare On Elm Street" on this episode as well. It's so funny, it's spook-tacular!
  • The best Halloween episode ever!

The first two episodes of this special were okay, but the last one, was genius! If you're wondering, I'm going to be focusing on Homer3. Homer going through a wormhole to a 3D universe, and becoming 3D was great. Going through that world, and seeing all its wonders, even some of the hexadecimal code, saying "FRINK RULES" was also great. I wish that one day, 3D Homer will come back, better than ever.
  • A really great one.. partialy in 3d !

Yes It is one of the better ones. The first one is.. well avarage.. not so special.. I mean It wasn't really funny.. Then there is Nightmare on evergreen tarace ! Willie in action ! that's all i've got to say ! The last one is great beckause it's in 3d ! And has a great ending ! So here ya have it ! 9.0.
  • The best Treehouse of Horror VI ever!

Here's the 3-parts of the Simpsons Halloween Special VI.

In "Attack of The 50 Foot Eyesores" is a great horrorfying part when Homer gets a big doughnut at the top when a boy holding it, then the lightning appear shock him and now they want to destroy Springfield. The first part is must see this part!

Next on "Nightmare at Evergreen Terrace" Bart's dream was a bad dream when Willie was holding a leaf rack and swoosh to Bart and then Bart saw it that really having a bad dream come true. Martin dies too when he's up to no use. Finally Bart, Lisa, and Maggie are trying to stop Groundskeeper Willie for a final fight showdown. Bart and Lisa capture them and Maggie saves the day.

Finally on "Homer3" Homer is hiding a bookshelf untill he explore 3D-World like ever seen before! (like Tron does) After that Homer got lost and The Simpsons are trying to help but it's no use and up to Bart and it was too late. Homer was alone in a real world.

This is must-see at the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror VI! This is the best!
  • Best Treehouse of Horror. Ever.

This is possibly the best treehouse of the horror in the series by far. Even though I felt that the first story was only C+ quality, the other two stories were better than A+ quality. It had some of the best plots as well as great one-liners. Most people only like this episode because it features a 3d Homer, but that's not why I like this episode. I liked this episode because all the stories were not only original but also creative. Ending the episode in live action was completely unexpected. Overall, it was an awesome episode and is certainly worth watching.
  • Possibly the best tree house of horror episode

This was either the best or the second best (second to TOH V) TOH episode. The first one, although the worst of the three was good. It had some funny parts such as when Chief Wiggum shot the captain of the basketball team. The second one was very very good. It was scary and funny. I probably enjoyed it so much because Willy is one of my favorite characters. The third one, Homer^3 was my favorite out of any TOH. It was really funny, and it was cool to see homer and bart in 3D. I wish I understood what all that stuff meant in the backround though, but oh well.
  • A special halloween episode!

Attack of the 50 Foot Eyesores
    Springfield is attacked by adertising statues after Homer takes the Lard lad's doughnut, the best part was the montage with the statues coming to life in variously humerous ways!

Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace
    This is a fantastic halloween horror. Its among my favourites of all time! After Homer inadvertently kills Willy and the other parents just watch him die, he comes back and kills or hurts their children in their dreams. Bart Lisa and Maggie have a final showdown with Willy and Maggie is the surprise hero! Its really fantastic to watch, Willy makes the perfect bad guy!

Homer3

Lot of people love this episode, but I'm not a big fan of it! Seeing Homer in 3D and the in the "real" world is interesting but to me its overrated. I think people may have been so amazed to see Homer and Bart in 3D they immediately loved it!
  • TOH 6 is a very well planned out episode.

They aren't as funny as I thought, but there are still very well thought out and planned. For the first one:

I would give it a 6/10. It isn't very funny and not as good as I thought it would be, but still okay for a TOH episode. Giant rampaging statues is quite a good iea actually. I did like it and one of my favourite parts is when Homer tried to battle the Giant LardLad guy for his donut he was holding. Pretty good.

For the second, 8/10. A lot better and funnier, and also scarier too. I loved it. Even though it was gory at some parts, like when Willy swipes Bart roudn the chest and he wakes up with blood scratches along them it was very cool and had some excellent scenes and was a lot more well written then the first one. That 'Smarch' thing was also funny.

And for the last one, 9/10. EXCELLENT segment. It has 3-D graphics in it, and Homer and Bart in 3-D. An excellent and very funny story and halirious ending with Homer and the Erotic Cakes. I very much thought this was a weird episode but still extremly cool. Homer and Bart in 3-D in the third dimension? Awesome! I enjoyed this one more than both the thers put together.

Treehouse of Horror no 6 is quite a great one. Probably my third favourite. These are so cool and scary and great to watch on a Halloween night. 9.8/10.
  • the sixth treehouse of horror.

treehouse of horror 5 was a hard halloween special to follow but the simpsons managed to make it humourous, though unfortunately not nearly as good as toh5, my favourite of the halloween episodes. homer3 is my favourite segment with heaps of great jokes by all of the characters and the 3D shapes all around the zone that homer is in. nobody caring about willy burning to death was great in "nightmare on evergreen terrace" as well as the thirteenth month aka smarch. overall, this episode was very well animated and lived up to the standards of treehouse of horror episodes.
  • some say that the simpsons are going downhill. but there is a reason why they havent been cancled

First of all, i would like to say that all of tree house of horror are good, but mostly this one is one of the classics. i personaly loved Homer3, because we see for the first time Homer beening 3-D. also at the end was so hilarious, he comes to our world and the first place he visits is a cake shop! we kno then that he's going to fit in!