The Simpsons

Treehouse of Horror VII

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 27, 1996 on FOX

• The eighth season begins with The Simpsons continuing its annual Halloween tradition with the seventh installment of the "Treehouse of Horror" series.

The seventh chapter in the long running series is a strong one. I just felt that the segments moved a little fast. "The Thing and I" is the best of the segments because I felt it had the funniest moments. I like how "The Genesis Tub" took an urban legend that many of us are familiar with and turned it into a very entertaining story. This segment stood out for me because when I was a kid my brother tried unsuccessfully to convince me to try that with one of my teeth that I had lost. The segment was well written and had some very clever jokes. The third and final segment featuring the mandatory appearances by Kang and Kodos was my least favorite. No that it was bad, but I just did not find it as funny as the previous two segments. Still this was a good way to start season eight.
  • Conteder for best Halloween special

• Three great stories of horror

Oh Yeah! this three house of horror special has to be amongst the top 3 ever. The humor in this special makes you think that it is not a very horrible situation but in reality if you think about it and remove the jokes, these are rather horrible things that you wouldn't want to happen to you. The first segment is the weakest one but it is still very enjoyable. I love the pidgeon-rat created by evil Bart.

The second segment is amore or less a copy of a Twilight ZOne episodeand it is still very good. I really like the secen in whcih the spaceships go and attack Bart (the camera shot is really cool).

And the third segment is just hilarious with many jokes about those hated...politicians. A great episode wih great jokes.
  • Bart has a twin, Lisa creates another society, and Alieans enslave the Earth.

The Thing And I: Homer and Marge tell the kids that Bart has an evil siamese twin brother named Hugo who had been separated from Bart at birth and kept in the attic where he cannot cause any harm. 5/5

The Genesis Tub: Lisa conducts a science experiment in which a tooth is combined with soda. But when static electricity ends up in the tub, Lisa awakens to find the tooth has evolved into a tiny society. 4/5

Citizen Kang: Kang and Kodos interrogate Homer about the Earth's leaders. When they learn of an upcoming election, the aliens kidnap Bob Dole and Bill Clinton and pose as them for the remainder of the campaign. 5/5

Overall- 14/15 or A+
  • Treehouse of Horror VII

The Thing and I- Bart learns he has an evil twin named Hugo. He tries to sew them together, but at the end, it is revealed our Bart is the true evil twin {shocker!}. Grade- B+

The Genesis Tub- Lisa creates her own society, who see her as a God, with Bart as the devil. Grade- C+/B-

Citizen Kang- Kang and Kodos run for President. In the end, Kang wins, and so all of Earth are the aliens slaves. Grade- about a B+

Overall, pretty good show, first was best, third was second, then last. Overall grade for the whole thin: B+/A-
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the simpsons show its the annual tree house of horror speical to begin the 8th season. and so its like the ones that have come before it . and so in the first story they discover a evil twin living in the attic and its barts twin hugo thing is at the end it turns out to be bart as the evil twin and he eats fish heads. and the second story lisa creates a civilzation for a contest and it comes to life and they worship her and bart her brother is the evil in the civilization . and the third story krodos and kane become the president of the united states after they take the bodys of bob dole and they also take the body of bill clinton and homer saw and they sprayed him with bear and they thought he was drunk but he todl the truth .this was a good tree house of horror
  • A really great Treehouse of Horror. One of the best yet.

There are three parts to this Treehouse of Horror. The first one is called The Thing and I where Bart Simpson finds his siamese twin up in the attic of the Simpsons house. This Siamese twin plans to sow the "good" Bart and himself back together. This is my favourite part in this episode.

Part Two: The Genesis Tub

The Genesis Tub is my least favourite in this episode. What happens here is that Lisa Simpson's science experiment all of a sudden becomes a strange thing, where she is sent to somewhere strange. Lisa is considered God and Bart is considered the devil.
    Part Three: Citizen Kang All of a sudden, Homer Simpson is abducted by Kang and Kodos, the two aliens who live in the universe in a spaceship. Kang and Kodos create a machine in order to impersonate Dole and Clinton in the election. Homer tries to explain the truth, but no one believes him and people end up voting for the so-called "politicians".
    The graphics of this episode aren't that bad. They're of average standard. They're bearable and there are no slowdowns.
    The Sound & Audio is great. The words that come out don't seem that they were dubbed from a bad film.
    Overall, I rate this episode 8.9 because it is great to watch and has average graphics and great audio. I think you'll like it too. For those who haven't seen it, you'll enjoy it.
  • ...

A brilliant episode! With 3 really great episodes; the best probley being the "Bart's Twin Brother" one. That was probley the most unexpected one, therefore a great episode to watch as there was not an obvious storyline aka a give away! A must see "Treehouse of horror" either the best or second best of them!

• Another great THoH.

First story: The Thing and I- Bart learns he has a evil twin and Lisa, Maggie, and he accidently let it escape from the basement. While everyone goes to find it, Bart stays home. The twin captures him, and almost swes them back together. Dr. Hibbert reveals that Bart is the real evil twin.
    Second story: The Genesis Tub- For a science project, Lisa takes a tooth and puts soda on it. Bart zaps her and she accidently zaps the tooth. Over night, a civilization is created on the tooth. They think Lisa is God and Bart is Satan. They shrink Lisa to her size. Bart then steals Lisa's tooth project and uses it to win first place.
    Third story: Citizen Kang- Homer goes fishing and is abducted by Kang and Kodos. He learns Kang and Kodos took the form of the two people running for president. They spray him with beer so no one will believe him. Homer rips of them fake faces, exposing Kang and Kodos. Kang and Kodos tell everyone they have to vote for one of the two anyway since it is a two-party system.
  • The Best TOH

The Thing And I: Bart learns that he has an evil twin named Hugo, but could it be that Hugo is not the evil twin and bart is?

The Genesis Tub: For a school experiment, Lisa uses a tooth and puts in a bowl of soda only to find out that she gives life to tiny people.

Citizen Kang: Two aliens abduct two persons so that they could rule the world.
  • Best Halloween special ever.

Until I see future halloween specials this is by far the best because it kept me laughing so hard through the whole show that i had to see the rest of it in the hospital after i had surgery trying to get that popcorn out of my thoat. The only thing that wasn't good was the second short when lisa shrinks herself and barts takes her in as his science fair project. It probably gave me 3 laughs. But still it was a great episode once again from the writers of The Simpsons. I give it two thumbs up and 5 stars.
  • A fine episode indeed.*really fast talking* Vote Quimby !

The first part made me laugh- and I was pleasently suprised- it wasn't some kind of a monster- good to know. And the conclusion was really great. Second one had a cleaver plot- too bad It didn't have too many laughs in it. I didn't like the third one.. didn't made me laugh.. allthough it was with Kang and Kodos.. Thats a 8.8.
  • Another Great ToH Episode

The Thing and I:
    This Act is excellent. The kids find out that Bart has an evil siamese twin (or as Lisa corrects Homer, Conjoined Twins). Favourite part of the act is when Marge says "Homer, isnt it time for the you know what?" and Homer says "Alright Ill feed it.. Fish Heads Fish Heads". Very Funny!

The Gensesis Tub:
    Probably one of my favourite Treehouse of Horror segments. I just love this concept! Lisa experiments to see if cola rots teeth. Bart conducts electricity through a balloon to Lisa and then she touches the bowl of cola/tooth. When she touches, the bowl gets a spark which starts life in the bowl. Lisa wakes up to see that there is life in the bowl. Soon enough they mini people are so advanced that they shrink Lisa and bring her into the bowl. They think she is god and Bart is the devil...

Citizen Kang:
    You cant have halloween without Kang and Kodos! In this act, they abduct Homer and take form of President Clinton and Bob Dole. They both run for president and end up ruling the earth. Funny segment but not as good as the other two. Disappointing finish to this ToH.
  • "Treehouse of Horror VII" Episode 4F02 (801) Original Airdate: 10/27/96 Writers: Ken Keeler, Dan Greaney and David S. Cohen Additional Material By: Jacqueline Atkins Director: Mike Anderson

In this year's spooky series of Halloween stories, Bart discovers that he has a special new sibling, Lisa discovers that she is a God to a race of tiny people, and the American people discover that Bill Clinton and Bob Dole are actually aliens Kang and Kodos. In the first segment, Bart investigates noises from the attic and learns that his formerly conjoined twin, Hugo, is locked up there. Hugo is a wild, fish head-eating savage who was locked away because Dr. Hibbert determined that he was evil at birth. When Hugo captures Bart and tries to sew himself back together with his brother, it's up to the doctor to save the good twin. But can he tell for sure which is which? In the second tale, Lisa generates microscopic life inside a plastic tub that quickly evolves into a full-blown species of tiny humans. The tiny people consider Lisa their God. In the final story, Kang and Kodos beam Homer aboard the spacecraft and ask him who the President is. Homer thinks it might be Bill Clinton…or is it Bob Dole? Kang and Kodos beam Clinton and Dole aboard, assume the identities, and both run for President. Homer makes it his mission to expose the two false candidates. This Simpsons episode is alright, but isn't one of the best from the Treehouse Of Horror collection.
  • The seventh tree house of horrors, Bart has an evl twin, Lisa creates a new world and Kang and Kodos become president.

This one was okay, every year the best treehouse of horror always seems to be the first story of the 3, the other two always dont seem good. The Thing and I was probaly the best, but I didn't like the second story, it wasn't that great, the third one was okay.
  • No. 7 is kinda weird but kinda funny.

Yep, this episode is kinda cool but weird. Like Lisa creating life. That is one of the msot impossible things in the world. And Bart having a siamese twin? How weird is that? And lastly the aliens make turn themselves into Clinton and Dole, tricking crowds. It's funny but weird. I believe other Treehouse fo Horror eps are better, but I still really enjoyed this Treehouse of Horror. And the second one fo the funniest in my opinion.
  • As usual some crazy storylines.

Bart has a siamese twin? Only happens in a Treehouse of Horror episode.
    That was in the Thing and I (the first segment). Hugo (his twin) is apparently the evil twin so he has to be locked in the attic and given a bucket of fishheads each day. As it turned out Bart was the evil twin. "Don't be so shocked" he said, and I wasn't. A solid halloween segment.

Part 2 was The Genesis Tub.
    Lisa manages to create a universe when she loses her tooth. She is all set to use it as her science project but Bart ruins it and ends up taking credit while Lisa is stuck in her little universe.

Part 3
    This has a fair bit of political humour and its done in a way that is quite light and harmless. I enjoyed this Part the most. Kang and Kodos steal the identities of Bill Clinton and Bob Dole and run for president.

This is one of the best Treehouse Of Horrors.

• the seventh halloween special

the first segment on this annual episode is the best of the three where bart discovers he has an evil twin living in the simpson attic. this had some brilliant jokes such as "don't look so shocked" when they realise hugo is the good twin. the second segment is not as good and i didn't really like the storyline but there were some good jokes in the genesis tub like referring to bart as the devil. the third was an in-between. it was filled with great political humour as kang and kodos ran for president but was not as concise as "the thing and i". overall, it was not the best halloween episode but, again, lived up to the standards of horror and humour that the writers are able to combine.
FOX