The Simpsons

Treehouse of Horror X

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 31, 1999 on FOX

• great treehouse installment

my favourite segment in this episode was the first one where the simpsons kill flanders...or do they? homer starting to tell flanders where to hide from flanders before realising it was him was great aswell as the other hiding places he picked out. this is the funniest segment in the episode closely followed by life's a glitch...then you die.

in this segment i found it hilarious that they wasted a rocket by sending it to the sun when they could have brought even more important people to the moon and left rosie o'donnell, etc. on earth to die.

i also liked the xena ripoff but not nearly as much as the first and last segments. overall, a very well written installment.
  • The Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl sequence is great!

Treehouse of Horror X is one of the better TOH episodes, if only for the second story, "Desperately Xeeking Xena." In fact, this is my favorite story of all the Treehouse of Horrors, probably because I was such a comics fan as a kid. Here Bart and Lisa are given superpowers; Bart becomes Stretch Dude, and Lisa becomes Clobber Girl. "Simple Simpson" is the best superhero spoof the Simpsons have done yet, but Xeeking Xena comes a close second. My favorite line: the very moment Bart realizes he has superpowers, he announces, "I must only use this power to annoy!"

The other two stories are almost as good, with the first being a standout: a spoof of "I Know What You Did Last Summer," "I Know What You Diddily-Iddly-Did" is prime dark humor, with the Simpsons running over Flanders and trying to fool his family into thinking he suffered a natural death. The last story, "Life's a Glitch, Then You Die," is funny, mostly because subpar celebrities like Tom Arnold show up to spoof themselves, placed on a rocket headed straight for the sun.
  • Average THOH episode!

7.7
    I know what you diddly-id!
    Marge runs over Flanders and after trying to cover it up, Flanders comes back from the dead to get revenge. I don't particularly like this episode, mainly because I can't stand the episode so its hard to enjoy it.

Desperately Xeeking Xena
    Okay I'm not a comic book fan, but I would by a comic about Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl. I didn't really like the Xena influence in the episode, but Comic Book Guy makes a terrific villain.

Life is a glitch, Then You Die!
    Homer screws up big time and the Y2K bug effects the all the electrical devices. Lisa and Marge are saved while Homer and Bart take a rocket into the sun. It was an okay segment, but clearly the funniest part was looking at all the failed celebrities on the same rocket as Homer and Bart.
  • Parody of horror and comic

The first act “I Know What You Diddily-Iddly-Did” was a great spoof to the famous horror movie. Homer trying to convince Maude that Ned died because of natural cause and throwing him of the roof is pretty hilarious. Very horrifying humor indeed and top in my list for THOT X. Next act “Desperately Xeeking Xena” is about the true meaning of Halloween…fancy costumes. Bart and Lisa gain superpowers because of the radioactive beam from the x-ray machine. The scene which made laugh is when Saddam Hussein appears in the "Stretch Boy and Clobber Girl" opening sequence, a real gag without a doubt, the main plot is where Lucy Lawless/Xena is kidnapped by the comic book guy to be his bride and collection (Matt Groening is one the collection) and its up to Stretch Boy and Clobber Girl to save day, but in the end its Xena who have to save them. The third act “Life's a Glitch, Then You Die” didn’t actually contribute to the THOH, maybe they made the story just for the Y2J new millennium, but it’s an o.k. act until they have spoiled the end (it’s the 3rd time this season) by rocketing into space.
  • normal for this kind of thing but even normal is funny

7.9
    as i said its a kinda normal episode
    i didnt like the flanders part it was a bit boring with a couple of funny parts (the best i think when homer considers running down milhouse) The superhero part was good "hey xena cant fly!" "im not Xena im Lucy Lawless" classic
    The millenium bug was the best of the 3 i think. Especially the end. Bart: Don't worry, Dad. We'll be dead in five minutes.
    Homer: NOT FAST ENOUGH!
    and then they jump out of the spaceship =P its a normal episode but its still funny worth watching and since its one of the repeat eps in circulation you're sure to get the chance
  • Hilarious Treehouse of Horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Know What You Diddily-Iddily Did: Ned Flanders returns from the grave seeking revenge after Marge accidentally runs him over
    Desperately Xeeking Xena: Bart and Lisa's new powers take them on a quest to rescue Lucy Lawless from a mad memorabilia collector bent on adding Xena to his stash of Hollywood celebrities.
    Life's A Glitch, Then You Die: A global "Y2K" meltdown destroys earth after Homer neglects to debug the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant's computers. An Absolutley hilarious episode, but nothing really knew for the Treehouse of Horror Segments. Lets hope all the Treehouse of Horrors are like this one. Every segment was hilarious.
  • another tree house of horror

this was one of the bettr season 11 episodes it had class a angry ned flanders that Y2K bullcrap and tons tons more and of course it had comic book guy

the first skit is where they run over ned flanders and kill him homer teemos to make it look like he had a heart attack it dies work but now ned is not really dead

th second skit is where bart and lisa gain supetr powers and have to stop the collecter A.K.A comic book guy from kdnapping xena little do they knoqw he has a surpprrise for them

and finaly homer ends the world by bringing Y2K into sprinfield.
  • Xena, Rosie O' Donnel, and Y2K! It doesn't get any better than that!

This episode, for me, is hight-lighted by the special guest-star,Lucy Lawless, as the greatest action hero of all time in the stpry: Desperately Xeeking Xena, where Bart and Lisa attain superpowers from radiation and they use their powers to try to save Xena from a lunatic villain called the collector. But they flop and Xena winds up saving them by seducing the collector and then kicking his caped ass in classic Xena style! She even does the classic Xena battle cry! Awesome! Anyway, that was the highlight of this episode for me. I enjoyed the parodies of I Know What You Did Last Summer and what would've happened if Homer'd handled Y2K. This episode was Hilarious! But Xena was still the high-light of this episode!
  • Here is Part II (Episode Review 2 of 3) by Drama Storm.

Halloween is a time to either be feared, fearful, or fearless. Well, in this three-part episode, there are three short Halloween Tales from the Treehouse of Horror as with all 'The Simpsons Halloween Specials'. In the first tale, Marge accidentally runs over Ned Flanders. It seems that he's dead, but is he REALLY? Then if the answer is yes, why does he dress like a ghost to scare the Simpsons? In the second tale, Xena is taken hostage by 'The Collector'...An evil and fat supervillain who resembles the comic book guy. But Xena claims she is not Xena. If she's not Xena, then who is she REALLY? In the third tale, Homer is in charge of...Well, you know. But he's so lazy, he doesn't do what he's supposed to do. And on New Year's Eve of 2000...Look what happens! If someone else was in charge of that whole big project, would the world be saved? You don't know? Oh, REALLY?
  • Another halloween episode

This episode was one of the funniest halloween episodes i have watched on the simpsons. it was really funny. The first story were marge runs over Ned was great it was funny, the storyline was great. However the second story "Stretch dude and clobber girl wasn't that good, it was a bit cheesy and the bit about the collector that was also very cheesy and wasn't that well written and the last story that was OK i guess, the story how homer ruined the world by not fixing the bugged computers. I guess all in all it was a funny episode.
  • Best tree house of horror of them all

This is my favourite tree house of horror episode. It was fantastic and the funniest, firstly I would like to say I Know What you diddily-Iddily did was the best of the three, it was a original tree house of horror it was scary ,funny ,hilarious ,great story line and everything else a fantastic simpson episode needs.

xeeking xena was the last of my favourite out of the three but it was still excellent. also this was a fantastic idea, bart and Lisa becoming super heroes by being shocked by radiation from a x-ray machine.

Life's a glitch, then you die was a fantastic idea for a simpson episode because everything goes wrong for homer leaving him trapped on a rocket heading towards the sun.

As always I announce my favourite quote or scene of the episode, on this episode its got to be in "I know what you diddily-Iddily did" when at the end of the episode homer said " I've never liked that milhouse kid" while trying to run him over by taking over the stearing wheel.
  • Flanders is a ware wolf, Bart and Lisa become super heros, and the Earth is destroyed.

Well there is no surprise here that this Tree House of Horror was just as perfect as all the ones that came before it. There were just so many priceless parodies of I know what you did last summer, and Friday the 13th. The Simpsons comedy became definded in episodes like this, and when Moe called Homer on the phone in the first act I couldn't stop laughing. Just a really well put together and cleverly plotted story in which there were so many great jokes it would be impossible not to love this episode. Watch this episode if you love to laugh. A+
  • One of the best Treehouse of Horrors!!!!!!!!!

I know what you Did-iddly-Did: When Marge accidentally runs over Flanders, The Simpsons house is covered with threats like"I know what you did". It turns out Flander turned into a werewolf and was going to kill them anyway. This was a great segment. I loved Homer singing "Yes I forgot to put the foglights in." 8/10

Stretch Dude and Clobber girl:Bart and Lisa become superheroes. Bart has the power to stretch like a rubber band, and Lisa has super strength. They both save Xena from Comic Book Guy:The collector. I loved the theme song, and all the celeberities The collector had locked up. 8.5/10

Life's a Glitch, then you Die:On New Year's Eve, Homer forgets the program the Plant's computers and causes Y2K. The world is ending, but luckily the Simpsons get a ticket to start a new civilazation on Mars. Lisa is the only one who gets to go but she Marge as her parent guardian. I loved the ship Homer and Bart went on, that went straight to the sun. 9/10
  • great

I Know What You Diddly-Iddly Did:

What I liked: Moe calling the Simpsons trying to get Maude's number, Homer singing at the start, Homer trying to convince Maude Ned is still alive, amongst other things.

However, and I know this is non-canon, but still; I HATE the ending. One of my least favorite endings of the THOHs. I find it absolutely repulsive that Marge and the kids would run away from the werewolf Ned. Bart, Lisa and Maggie I could see, but Marge? Running away with them, and not caring about her husband? Sure, you could use the 'It's a Treehouse of Horror, it doesn't need to make sense', but still. I find it OOC of Marge to not care whether or not her husband lives or dies, despite it being a THOH episode. Desperately Xeeking Xena:

What I liked: "Xena can't fly!", Comic Book guy as the collector.

There's not much to this one. Standard comic book parody with a few laughs here and there.

Life's a Glitch, then You Die:

What I liked: the havoc that happens at midnight, the celebrities singing, the Simpsons thinking Krusty is dead, amongst other things.

However, I dislike Lisa's "Mom!" She needs no second to think about it. I mean, obviously she loves her mom but this moment, despite the fact it is a THOH, shows she loves her mom more than anyone else- her father, her brother… I would have liked if she at least tried to get it so that Bart and Homer could go with her. But instead she instantly says "mom" like it's the easiest decision ever.

Despite me hating the endings to the first segment, and this moment from the last, the THOH from season 11, is overall pretty good. Not one of my favorites, not one of my least favorites.
  • The Simpsons continues its annual Halloween tradition with the tenth installment of the "Treehouse of Horror" series.

Though our alien friends Kang and Kodos only have a brief appearance in this episode, it's actually a very well done appearance. What also makes it work is Lisa's very good question of what exactly they have to do with Halloween to begin with. The tenth episode of "Treehouse of Horror" does contain some very good segments. The first, while being quite good, does have a major flaw. If Ned is in fact immortal because he's a werewolf, then why did he not just reveal that once Marge ran him over? The scenes of Homer on the roof with Ned's "dead" body and at the funeral are well done, but the aforementioned question hangs over them. Also, the ending was a little drawn out. The second segment is the best of the three. Lucy Lawless does a very good job in her guest appearance. The climactic battle between Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl and The Collector brings back memories of the old "Batman" series with Adam West and Bert Ward. Loads of fun for sure. The final segment is helped out the most by it's guest appearance by the late Dick Clark. However I did not care for how the catastrophe was set up. When Carl mentioned Homer was the plant's "Y2K compliance officer" it could not have been more obvious that chaos would ensue. Overall, "Treehouse of Horror X" is quite entertaining. Definitely worth your time.