The Simpsons

Treehouse of Horror XXIII

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 07, 2012 on FOX

• paranormal activity was awesome

Paranormal activity was great! The greatest story ever holed was okay.
  • The Simpsons continues its annual Halloween tradition with the twenty-third installment of the "Treehouse of Horror" series.

This chapter in the long running series is no classic, but it does have its good moments. The opening segment was well done. It certainly got the episode started off on the right foot. If you blinked you missed Kang and Kodos. It may have been for a half a second but their string of appearances in all "Treehouse of Horror" episodes is still intact. I did not care for "The Greatest Story Ever Holed". It had a clever concept, but it ultimately wound up going nowhere. The segment's abrupt ending did not help it very much. "Bart and Homer's Excellent Adventure" was better. Jon Lovitz has always done well as Artie Ziff. As is usually the case with this series, the final segment was by far the best. A very clever take on the popular horror film series. I think it even improves on the films by actually showing us the demon. Maybe "Paranormal Activity" will get around to doing that soon.