The Simpsons

Treehouse of Horror XXIV

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 06, 2013 on FOX

• good episode

I just a like almost ever thing in that episode
  • Seriously?

This was the most boring TreeHouse episode ever HANDS DOWN. How can people compliment it. If you like the Simpsons fine; but roll with the punches and call out the bad when its bad.
  • Great episode

Interesting. I LOVED the intro, that was a hilarious strong start. The first story was alittle slow at first but after the murder started it was great. 10 minutes of rhyming is hard to keep entertaining, but their were enough decent jokes sparsed throughout.

The second, again, the plot line seemed kinda thin till the end.

The 3rd was good, but mostly because I immediately recognized the reference to the 1932 movie "Freaks". However that's a reference 99% of the audience is gonna miss IMO.

I dunno, this was a good episode for me but how could it not? How can you mess up Tree House of Horror? These are always my favorite episodes.

Not my favorite THoH but not bad. A 9 (by today's standards. It's not fair to compare to the original seasons)

------

In case anyone would like to see a 2 minute review of "Freaks" from 1932 referenced in The Simpsons 3rd story tonight. 2009/10/05/05-freaks-1932/

• The Simpsons continues its annual Halloween tradition with the twenty-fourth installment of the "Treehouse of Horror" series.

I am a little surprised ay all of the overwhelmingly negative reviews of this chapter of "Treehouse of Horror". I found it to be one of the funniest episodes of the series in quite a long time. I do agree with some naysayers in that the introduction was great. Very clever indeed. I laughed myself silly watching the opening segment "Oh, the Places you'll D'OH!". The writing and visuals were very clever. The Fat in the Hat was quite funny and the accompanying songs were well written. Like others have mentioned I was not too crazy about the second segment mainly because it was a recycled premise from one of the earliest "Treehouse of Horror" episodes where somebody's head is placed onto someone else's body. The third and final segment was not terrific, but had a few clever laughs to make it watchable. The strength of the intro and the first segment help carry this episode in this long running series. See you at chapter twenty-five!
  • brilliant opening and one of the best non-Suess Suesses ever

I don't normally bother reviewing individual episodes of the Simpsons, but this one deserves special notice for two things. First there is the brilliant Halloween version of the standard Simpsons opening, which is amazing. Then there's the first mini-story, "Oh, the Places you'll D'OH!" A lot of people have tried to emulate Dr. Suess over the years, and every Suess take-off I've come across failed, unable to capture his unique rhymes. But whoever wrote this episode nailed it. Kudos!

The next two episodes were less memorable, certainly, but they were still very funny. I don't know what to make of all these people who gave the episode a 1. There has never been an episode in the 25 years of the Simpsons that deserved a 1. These people should be ignored entirely.
  • Yuck!

Probably the worst Simpsons episode ever, only good part was the intro.
  • It not getting better

Season 23 was ok, 24 just average. Therefore, I had no great hopes anyway in season 25. As long as the Simpsons makers listen to the money and not the audience we will get stupid episodes like this.

• Crash And Burn

They put in a lot of creativity and effort in the intro only for the whole episode to bomb. The first part was The Simpsons take on The Cat In The Hat, But the second part where Bart's head was attached to Lisa's body was done before when Mr Burns put Homer's brain in a robot but failed and at the end Mr Burns was attached to Homer's body. After that I had enough. The Simpsons is now running on empty.
  • The writer of this one need to be fired!

1.5
    The intro was great but the rest of the ep was some of the worst Simpsons Halloween content I ever seen!
MNT