The Simpsons

Wandering Juvie

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 28, 2004 on FOX

• Bart breaks out of Juvie.

3.5
    This was a weird episode. Bart acts sort of out of character in some scnes. Bart throws a fake wedding party so he can get gifts (to return for store credit.) He gets put in Juvie. Homer becomes a guard there so he can watch Bart. Bart meets a girl named Gina and she gets him to break out with her. He acts much more mature than usual and he and Gina kiss twice. When Gina admits to the police that it was her idea to break out, she has to go back to Juvie for a long time. The episode ends with the Simpsons having a \'Make Your Own Taco Night\' in Gina\'s cell.
  • Quite possibly my favorite episode of all time!

This was an amazing episode, an episode with Bart getting sent to Juvie was a long time coming. After Bart sets up a prank wedding, he is caught by Chief Wiggum, who sends him to Juvenile Hall. While there, Bart is constantly bullied and is not the popular kid he is outside the prison. Homer becoming a prison guard in order to help him out is no help at all.

(Bart is getting beat up by bullies) Homer: Not so fast! If you're gonna pick on someone, how bout picking on someone bigger than you with a gun! (gives Bart lollipop) Oh, look at that, my shift just ended. Well, I'll see ya monday, boy! Oh, look at that, Monday's Martin Luther King day! Well, I'll see you when I see you.

Bart: (bullies advance on him) Uh, you know, this lollipop's really for everyone…

Then, when the boys and girls are handcuffed together for the school dance, Bart is paired with bad girl Gina, who sees an opportunity to escape, and, seeing as Bart is handcuffed to her, takes him with her. Now begins a sort of half-romance between Bart and Gina, with them kissing twice, the rest of the time being filled with Gina punching him in the stomach!
    When they get to a blacksmith, he removes their handcuffs, but soon afterward they are both caught by the police. Gina turns herself in to free Bart, and when she returns to prison she finds Bart and his family are throwing her a make your own taco party in her cell, as she has no family of her own.

An absolutely perfect episode with a lot of laughs, a perfectly structured storyline, and a sort of half-romance which i love, because I love episodes where Bart gets a girlfriend but hate it when he sort of has to lie to her to win her or toady up to her in other ways. 10.1/10
  • Bart goes to juvie

While at a downtown department store, Bart uses a wedding gift registry to sign himself and his bride "Lotta Cooties" for wedding presents. He invites a number of people to attend his wedding and he plans to return all the unused gifts for store credit. He gets all the gifts delivered but he gets caught by Chief Wiggum. The judge sentences Bart to six months of juvenile detention. Bart tries to find his way at the center, and when Homer becomes a guard, it doesn't improve his situation at all. The boys and girls are joined for dance lessons, but Bart's partner Gina decides she wants to escape. Since they're handcuffed together, she brings him along. Out on the lam together they become attached. They go to a blacksmith to get their cuffs removed, but when Gina is own her own she has nothing to go back to, whereas Bart has a family. When found, Gina confesses it was just her that broke out so Bart is free to return to his family. We knew that the writes would exploit this plot sooner and later just we didnt know how good it would be. Well dont fret, this was a funny episode. Homer as a prison guard was hilarious! A must see to say the least!
  • Bart finally gets sent to Juvenile Hall, but I hope we all had the common sense to know that this day would come....

While at a downtown department store, Bart uses a wedding gift registry to sign himself and his bride "Lotta Cooties" for wedding presents. He invites a number of people to attend his wedding and he plans to return all the unused gifts for store credit. He gets all the gifts delivered but he gets caught by Chief Wiggum. The judge sentences Bart to six months of juvenile detention. Bart tries to find his way at the center, and when Homer becomes a guard, it doesn't improve his situation at all. The boys and girls are joined for dance lessons, but Bart's partner Gina decides she wants to escape. Since they're handcuffed together, she brings him along. Out on the lam together they become attached. They go to a blacksmith to get their cuffs removed, but when Gina is own her own she has nothing to go back to, whereas Bart has a family. When found, Gina confesses it was just her that broke out so Bart is free to return to his family. This episode is without a doubt a half hour of your time if you watch it you will not be disappointed...
  • A great episode. Worth a watch for sure.

When I first heard about this episode, I wasn\'t sure if it would work - I felt that Bart going to juvie was a little extreme, turning him into a criminal when all he wants to be is a petty thug (as he said in Bart\'s Girlfriend). However The Wandering Juvie was a great mix of plot, characterization and subtle humour.

The first half was much funnier than the last, although that\'s not necessarily a bad thing. It set up the episode well. Once Bart gets to juvenal hall, the story is executed so well I almost forgot about the humour. There were many \'light\' jokes here and there which kept the episode fresh and original. The guest appearance by Sarah Michelle Gellar was excellent and exactly what a guest voice should be about - the character they play and not the guest star.

The episode finishes pretty well, although the cut to the credits (the stuff about the Warden) was pretty abrupt.

• Homer gets a new job: Prison guard

As most of Bartholomew J Simpson's pranks, this one was hilarious especially the fact that everyone was suffocating in the tent. And Bart finally gets sent to prison, well, juvie, where he belongs (most of the time). This has a great Marge line: "You shouldn't hang around kids that beat you up - they're not true friends" as if Bart is voluntarily hanging out ith the bullies. When Bart and Gina escape, the episode remains funny and has great jokes such as Bart not realising that Gina doesn't have a family after it becomes completely obvious. I also enjoyed Chief Wiggum's appearances such as turning down the silverware bribe by saying "What does it say on my badge? Cash Bribes Only!" A very fun episode that shows that Bart doesn't always weasel out of everything.
  • It was only a matter of time!

Its about time Bart went too far and ended up in juvie.

You realise that when he's there Bart is anything but a popular kid, he shows he fear constantly.

He escapes (against his will) with a girl who sends him mixed signals. One minute she's punching him in the stomach the next shes kissing him!

Whenever there is a romance for Bart he seems to grow up a bit and act more mature. (Definately more mature than a 10 year old should be!)

In a predictable ending Gina (the girl) admits to everything and Bart is set free. Since she has no family The Simpsons treat her to a special taco dinner.
  • Just the Adventure Simpsons.

I can't stop thinking of this.. It was good and romance... :?
  • Awesome

When the family goes to the mall, Bart types in something on the computer and fakes a wedding with "Lotta Cooties". When Chief Wiggum catches him, he has to be in Juvie for six months and meets a girl named Gina, with whom falls in love.

This episode brought out Bart's more mature side. He also shows that he cares about some girls. The family's truly good, non- fighting side is shown when, in the end, have dinner (taco night) with Gina in her cell. Overall, this was a pretty good episode.

Grade:B
  • Bart falls in love?

7.8
    Cletus: I don\'t have such a good memory since I drank my thermometer.

This is another great episode. Bart goes to prison when a prank goes awry. Cletus sees the future for Wiggam.

Some of the funnies moments from this show are Wiggam turning down the flatware bribe. Homer asking Marge to read the sign and Homer rescuing Bart and going home.

There isn\'t much of maggie or lisa in this episode, but overall it is another funny episode of the Simpsons. The Cletus line mentioned above had me rewinding over and over again which kept this from being an ordinary episode.