The Simpsons

Waverly Hills 9-0-2-1-D'oh

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 03, 2009 on FOX

• Bart and Lisa move to a better school called Waverly Hills to get a better education

3.5
    When Springfield Elementary is rated the worst school in the state Marge and Homer rent an apartment in the well-to-do Waverly Hills school district so their kids have a shot at a better education. In order to impress the other students, Bart quickly establishes a new bad boy image and helps boost Lisa's popularity by telling everyone she and pop star Alaska Nebraska are best friends. Meanwhile, Homer enjoys the bachelor lifestyle in the new Waverly Hills apartment. I know a lot of people enjoy this episode but I honestly didn't like this episode and it's one of the worst Simpsons episodes I've ever seen. I did laugh at Ralph teaching the class plus jumping through the window near the beginning of the episode, Chief Wiggum's appearance and Bart making him that deal that he needs to stay at Ralph's birthday party until they cut the cake, Homer playing video games and using a Halo character to "hump" another character, and MAYBE one or two more parts that either made me barely chuckle or just made me laugh a little. Other than those funny parts I mentioned, I just got really bored of this episode and I hated the storyline to this episode. To me, there was just no magic in me enjoying this episode. Seeing as though some reviewers actually enjoyed this episode, don't know if I should say I recommend it or not but all I know is that this is a very bad and boring episode of Simpsons. I LOVE this cartoon but this episode is just something that I would never want to watch ever again. Overall, a bad episode of "The Simpsons"...not my cup of tea. 3.5/10
  • This episode is basically about Marge wanting to get the kids a better education after seeing how horrible a school Springfield Elementary is.

This was a funny episode for me but sort of a repeat. Lisa lies, tries to get help, doesn't suceed, Bart helps her, and then she goes back to being nice Lisa. Homer is hilarious in this episode when he is sleeping sideways in apartment. I also enjoyed the part where Skinner drived to Waverly Hills and find Superitendent Chalmers there. I thought this episode was pretty original just the whole Lisa thing has happened in numerous episodes before. But the No Country for Old Man pardony made me laugh outloud. Alaska Nebraksa was funny too pardony of Hannah Montana. Overall I give it a 9.5
  • A great parody of Hannah Montana, Weezer, and No Country for Old Men

When Marge learns Springfield Elementary is the worst school in the state, she and Homer rent an apartment in the upscale Waverly Hills neighborhood so Bart and Lisa can attend a better school. When Lisa is ostracized by the popular girls at Waverly Hills, Bart uses his newly established bad boy image to impress the other students and increase Lisa's popularity by telling everyone she is best friends with the pop star Alaska Nebraska (guest voice Ellen Page). However, when Alaska Nebraska comes to town, Lisa is left wishing Bart had never opened his big mouth. Meanwhile, Homer moves into the new Waverly Hills apartment to make it look like someone is living there, and he quickly gets used to the bachelor lifestyle.
  • The simpsons want to send the children to a new school in Waverly hills because Springfield elementary is horrible. They buy a cheap house so the kids can go to the school. Lisa and Bart make lies to the students to become popular. Marge and Homer teen

This episode was pretty good but could have been better. It had a good story to it but lacked the humor that the simpsons is known for. I recommend watching it because, hey, it is The Simpsons after all. I hope they make the next new episode hilarious to make up for this episode. I am sure Matt is trying his best. Simpsons Rule! If this is your first time watching the show, let me know what you think of it because i like to write more reviews and ratings to help this show stay on the air a very long time!
  • Squatting in Waverly Hills

As the twentieth season of The Simpsons begins to wrap up, it's just about time to be hit with the dregs of the lot-at least, the episodes that were low-key and middling enough not to be aired beforehand. Waverly Hills, which continues the series' infatuation with titles drawn with parody, is one of those "dregs" that doesn't necessarily do anything wrong apart from the little good that it does. This time we watch as Bart and Lisa are transferred school after Marge learns (for the umpteenth time) that Springfield Elementary isn't quite the prestigious institution she had hoped for her kids. What comes out of this is a pointless, go-nowhere story involving Bart and Lisa as they attempt to settle in to their new surroundings, and a much more lively and interesting side plot for Marge and Homer. Homer, who has to take out a cheap apartment in Waverly Hills in order for the kids to take up the school there, ends up living the life of a bachelor with Marge soon creeping her way in to his new-found life. It's a cute, lightly amusing segment that sees Homer abandon his recent ulta-stupidity of this decade's seasons and adopt his earlier personality. Overall however, with a lumbering central plot and the fact that each isn't given any amount of time to truly develop, Waverly Hills falls on a bum note with or without a few great gags and a nice Weezer and No Country for Old Men parody; enjoyable, but unremarkable all the same.
FOX