The Simpsons

Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part One)

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 21, 1995 on FOX

• Mr. Burns going too far.

Mr. Burns was always one of my favorate villian ever, he's just that villian you love to hate. And now in this episode we see his villian at his best when he want to make everyone's lifes a living hell for no reason. It was just both funny, sad, but also easy to emphisize with everyone's hatred for Mr. Burns and all was building up to that famous cliffhanger, which litterally kept me and everyone guessing (as much as those cliffhangers at the end of Lost) and was litterally made into a beting poll in Vegas, while everyone awaits part two. This was the biggest thing on TV history every because it was an event, which has not been done again since. I still find this two parter enjoyable and funny as hell all the the same, though it probably doesn't have the same impact it did years ago, it's just one of those things you just had to be there to experence the joy of that event.

From seeing him steel the newly discovered oil from the school which would of brought much needed changes to the school. It was just priceless seeing Tito Punte punch his bongo right though when he heard that the music program was canceled. Or even how everyone at Moe's bar were all completely unaware of the poisonous vapor that was being procduced from the counter oil rig, and yet all of them act casual about it before they feel a little sick and the biohazard crew are supprised their even remotely alive. Homer finally loses his patience over Mr. Burns never remembering his name, statictically Burns should of remembered Homer's name by now but doesn't. Perhaps the reason for Burn's absent mindedness of Homer's identity could be a subconcous mental block he produced due to Burn's endless contempt as well as disrespect for Homer that forgeting Homer's name is sort of a form of detachment, so Homer is never a part of his life.

I can go on and on with this. And that small joke where everyone was at town all and all the characters were carring different types of conceled weapons like the Sea Captain with a harpoon, Moe with a 12 gadge, Skinner a silencer, Barney a six shooter. Bart a one shot mini gun (where he got it is anyones guess). But I thought that was hilarous. As well as just seeing that really daft sceme where Burns wants to block out the sun, it was just great because the moment it happened I knew that was the last straw and Burns was about to get what he deserves. Who did it well that will have to wait till part 2.