The Simpsons

Yokel Chords

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 04, 2007 on FOX

7.7
  • After telling a scary ghost story in the cafeteria just to get free food, Bart goes to see a psychiatrist

Principal Skinner decides to allow Lisa tutor Cletus's kids instead of them enrolling into Springfield Elementary, but they end up on Krusty's show as a musical act. Bart sees a psychiatrist after telling a scary ghost story in the cafeteria in an unsuccessful attempt to get free food. I thought that this was a superb episode of "The Simpsons". Only thing keeping my score from being a 10 was the plot with Lisa taking care of Cletus' kids and then they end up in Krusty's show... it wasn't a bad plot but I did get bored with it but there were a few good laughs from that plot though. The plot that definitely had me laughing was the main plot with Bart seeing a psychiatrist after telling the ghost story in the cafeteria just so he can get free food. Bart's ghost story and scaring everyone in school was hilarious and the scenes with Bart in psychiatrist were hilarious. I also loved how Marge paid for Bart to go see the psychiatrist one more time since he has been missing her. The thing that also cracked me up was the very ending of the episode with the psychiatrist missing Bart so she goes to see a psychiatrist and she says "Oh no, it's happening again" because something dark happened in her past. Another thing I loved about this episode were the musical numbers... I don't get why other reviewers make a big deal about the musical numbers. I, for one, really loved the musical numbers and they were all amazing. Overall, a superb episode of "The Simpsons". 9/10