The Sing-Off Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

worst judges in reality history

gmk1972

[1]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 21

i listen to the "ok" singing, but these judges are THE WORST!!!!!! what the hell does ben folds even say??? other than music afficianados (geeks) does the average joe even understand the gibberish that comes out of his mouth?? and none of them ever say anything really bad. these are up and coming acappella groups, but they praise them like their the next Beatles group..... and then boot one out every week. this show has jumped the shark because of the judges.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lawrencepd

[2]Nov 8, 2011
    • level: 3
    They judge based on talent. If you're into theatrics and B.S., go back to X Factor and those other non-talent based reality shows.

gmk1972

[3]Nov 9, 2011
    • level: 21
    their babbling and gushing is incomprehensible. does the average viewer know half the terms that half wit ben folds says???? he doesn't even say things that the audience would understand. and i do watch x factor too. thank you.

AllPwrflSteve

[4]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 2

First of all, you're calling Ben Folds a "half wit" because his musical terminology is higher than yours. Hilariously Ironic. Secondly, Jumping the shark is anidiom created byJohn Hiem that is used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality that is beyond recovery. Ben Folds has been the judge since the first episode and is still a judge so that's the wrong usage of that term.

Katerine_M

[5]Jan 14, 2014
    • level: 8
    This show is for music lovers.

Not drama lovers. Not humiliation lovers. MUSIC lovers. It's for people who want to see pure talent onstage.

People with that kind of talent know the musical terms. Ben, Shawn, and Jewel are not talking to US, they're talking to THEM. The performers. And those of us who don't know the terms (and I know about half of them, myself, as most people who know something about music do), can take the opportunity to learn something.

Which brings me to the other thing this show is for: people who like learning things about music.

If you don't like good music, and you don't want to learn things, then go back to any one of those other "music" shows that's more about drama or humiliation than it is about good music.
    Edited on 01/14/2014 3:19pm