The Singing Bee

Tuesday 9:30 PM on CMT - Country Music Television Premiered Jul 10, 2007 In Season

The Singing Bee Fan Reviews (25)

7.3
  • This show is a great summer series to pass the time before the new fall season starts back up.

I had my doubts if I would like the show when I first saw the previews, but I tuned in and it was actually really good. Its amazing how people simply add extra words here and there like well, but, hey, etc. Its fast paced and the challenges are different from one episode to the next. Joey Fatone makes a great host. Some of the songs that they choose for the contestants to sing really have to make you go back and think about the words and they leave you second guessing yourself. It's the best new summer series around.
  • A cool show with a great host.

In my opinion, I think The Singing Bee is such an awesome game show. It is so great because you don't actually have to have a good voice to be a contestant on the show. Joey Fatone is so wonderful and he is doing a really really great job hosting the show. I can't wait to see the next episode. I love the music they pick for the contestants. The Singing Bee also has a fantastic background band, and great dancers. I really hope this stay's on the air, because it is such an awesome show and it is very entertaining.
  • The dancers on the show are cheesy..they stink. There is no life to the show. It seems way to fake and the host seems to struggle to have any sort of chemistry with the camera. I only watched it the once and don't know if I will again.

1.5
    I think the dancers need to be re evaluated and the host needs to have more chemistry with the camera. The blonde dancer on the show I watched was really a "BAD" distraction. Her bad dancing caught my attention more than the rest of the show. I dont think there even needs to be dancers. This is a show about songs, not dancers. The host could not get into his groove. He seemed to be struggeling to get throught the show. IT was almost like he did not want to be there and was just trying to get it over with. The concept of the show is great, but the old stars coming back on its not cool. It is almost degrading to them. I think that with a bit of rework, the show will excell.
  • I like the host but its kind of a hard show.

I mean they give you all kinds of lyrics from all sorts of years. The band and the singers they start off with are really talented. Most of the people on this show can not sing. Some can stay in tune but after a while they get annoying. But the show is just to know the lyrics to the song and not being able to sing. A lot of people are saying that this show is a rip off of "Don't Forget the Lyrics". Which is so NOT true. If you look at the date of the premiere of the shows this one is before it. I do like Don't Forget the Lyrics better but they had the idea first, i think.
  • So I dont always remember to watch, but it's good. And yeah DTFL copied, since this aired 1 day before don't forget the lyrics

I find this show somewhat interesting. I also find it annoying that in the beginning, they let people go up even when they're only screaming and not singing any lyrics. I am interested in this latest lennon mccartney cuz i love beatles. Joey is a funny host for this show and I remember the premiere when the guy got the n sync song wrong and he said, "Let me tell you what it was, 'cause I happen to know." I will watch occasionaly, but I find some other shows more interesting. As I said though, Joey is a good host of the show.
  • Joey Fatone has something promising, but needs some polish and refinement.

The Singing Bee is a variation of the National Spelling Bee that we did as kids in elementary school. Only this time (of course, hehe) contestants are singing the answers rather than spell them. It sounds like a pretty good show, Joey Fatone's got a stage presence as the host, and everyone's having a great time.

Now onto the reason I can't give it a 10. First off, the show has to compete with FOX's "Don't Forget the Lyrics." Inevitably, the two shows are compared against each other. The rules are pretty interesting: Joey picks out 6 contestants from the crowd for each half hour of the hour the show runs for. However, the contest is won almost purely by luck. Only the first three contestants picked from the crowd will almost be guaranteed a spot in the second round. That means the last three contestants are out of luck. Maybe it's due to time constraints for the show, but it's a pretty big weakness in the show. Secondly, the band (while they sound great and the ladies look positively brilliant) looks like the second cousins to American Idol's Ricky Minor and The Band. No offense to The Singing Bee's band, of course. Hehe. Thirdly, the cash prize is smaller than the show's rival, "Don't Forget the Lyrics."

The good news is that they do give a Singing Bee trophy to the night's Singing Bee champion. Only problem is that the six-contestant picks always thin out 1 from each group of six. It would seem more logical to simply pick out 12 contestants from the crowd and thin the crowd after one runthrough. Another positive is that there isn't as much drama created like in "Don't Forget the Lyrics." It doesn't take long to be the Singing Bee champion. More importantly, other audience participants get a chance to win quick cash by getting their music histories right. Bottom line: There are positives going on for this show. Since this is the show's first year, I say there's enough going for this show to continue for another season or two.
  • Um, hello? Don't Forget the Lyrics! jocked off the Singing Bee, not the other way around...

This show is definitely WAY better that DFtL. No matter who copied off who. If you watch DFtL, it's full of freakin year-long pauses that take sooo long (glad I have DVR...) of the contestants & Wayne waiting to see if they got the lyrics right. It's so boring. On the other hand, The Singing Bee usually has current-ish songs, and let's admit, it's fun watching an overweight middle-aged guy sing Don'tcha. The Singing Bee is such a fun show. Joey Fatone is peppy and the Honeybees & singers do a great job! The only reason this show doesn't get a 10/10 is because sometimes the songs are from the 50s-60s?!
  • This is a ripoff of "Dont Forget The Lyrics"

If this show should get an award it should be an the biggest rip off. Seriously NBC is running out of ideas. How stupid of a show to kick off and the only thing you have to do to succecced is rip off "Dont Forgert The Lyrics"; yes that is what this show is about, remebering the lyrics to new and old songs. How is this still on tv, how is it doing good or is this a bad show. I mean there can be some fun remebering the lyrics but this has already been done before. Seriously NBC, quit stealing from other networks.
  • Well, the title is great, it would seem good, an original idea, but very boring. Also, it does indeed copy its compeditor, Don't Forget The Lyrics! Don't Forget the Lyrics is much better. I am not a big fan about this show. I give it a simple six.

The Singing Bee: the title is great, it would seem very good, it is indeed an original idea, but the show is very boring. Nothing what you would think. And, it does indeed copy its compeditor, Don't Forget The Lyrics! Don't Forget the Lyrics is much better. They came up with the synopsis first, then The Singing Bee came, then The Singing Bee moved its airdate. It is not ver good at all. It is slow, and it is very qicks songs, like you are listening to it, then they just end it. I am not a big fan og this show. I give it a simple six: 6. Poor, very poor.
  • Amazing!!! A new kind of game show that is extremely fun to watch!!

7.7
    So I just got done watching the premire and only one word can describe it....WOW!!! It wasn't like most of teh game shows were you have to sit around and listen to them talk for hours before getting anywhere. It keeps a fast pace and keeps you interested the entire time. The band playing the songs is really good and the songs are ones that everyone knows. The host Joey is fun to watch and isn't annoying like most game show hosts. You can sing along with the songs and the entire time you want to get up and dance. I really recommend this, especially if you enjoy listening to music and/or singing or dancing, this show will get you up on your feet singing and dancing your little heart out!
  • Dancers?! Yeah, we got 'em!

7.3
    If there is any indication why "The Singing Bee" is a summer favorite, then it's bound to be a hit. The 6 players sing the lyric wheneever the band stops playing a song that is predetermined. Some are right on the nose, others are so close, and others, well...they make it up. In the end, the winning player is given a trophy for his or her efforts and a chance at money if he or she can get all 5 out of 7 songs correctly without 3 strikes. The set looks way cool and the band, dancers and singers have a way with the show itself.
  • cool show!

I enjoy wathcing this show! its funny and very entertaining, I hope it lasts! Joey Fatone is cool,very funny and crazy guy. The people can be a bit wierd sometimes but besides that its a cool show that seems to be doing very well. Overall I would give it a A.
  • cool show!

• I find it entertaining.

If you love Karaoke, you will love this show. I love shows that entertain, and this happened to be one of them I flipped on by accident and continued watching. Like Karaoke, if you like to sing, you can share it whether you are a good singer or not.
    Great bonus, this show gives you a chance to make money doing it, so why not give it a try. Anyone who criticizes this show doesn't know how to have some good clean fun. Another bonus about the show is that it shows the song title with the artist so if you have forgotten all about a song you loved in the past, you have a chance to get that info.
  • This is a show I never expected to see

The Singing Bee is a fun show to watch when there is nothing else on. I have seen every eposide that has haired. Where did they get the people to go on the show, casue some of them are just plane crazy. Like that one woman who won the second sposide. She was very bouncy. Little too crazy for me.
  • Dancers remind me of show me the money.

Well I have watched both new versiosn of I can name that tune and I must say this is the lamest of the two. Joey Fatone who had better luck on the dancing with the stars show, comes into the audience and supposidly picks 6 players at random to compete in the bee. I don't know what the criteria is other than knowing the words to the songs that is being sung at the begining. You then compete in a can you quess the next line of the song and the first 4 who get the words right compete in a karoke play off and the finals is another what is the missing words. During all this there are 4 young ladies dressed in bee color dresses who dance which reminds me of the show me the money fdancers. I think this will go the way of show me the money
  • A major waste of my time. I suggest another, similar show instead.

I found this show on accident. I was flipping through channels as I was trying to go to bed. Man, am I sorry that happened.

I liked the music aspect, because I'm a big music fan. Some of the songs that they used were cool. But the concept and the show in general was boring, and not at all entertaining.

Starting at the beginning: "Randomly" choosing contestants? Too Price is Right for me. Plus, I don't like the idea of having that many contestants at the same time. The only thing that they can do is elimination style, but that's way to fast paced for something like this. This type of a show deserves something slower.

Then the idea was not at all entertaining. Someone else sings the song for the contestants, and then they just have to add on. And if they get it wrong, the same song is used by the next person? It'd be better if they gave each person a different song. Much more fun that way. Also, it would slow down the pace of the show.

When it got to the end, I felt like it was a gigantic waste of my time. And I felt sorry for myself that I had spent the time to watch it. Watch FOX's version instead is my suggestion. Don't waste your time with this show.
  • Contestants are pulled out of the audience at random, and compete to sing the lyrics to popular songs. Mistakes will get you eliminated from the game, but remember enough song lyrics, and you could win $50,000!

6.2
    My wife and I were staying over at my sister's place, and this show came on one night. We couldn't believe our eyes...or ears. It was so absurd but we couldn't stop watching. When some of the players got a lyric wrong, they just kept playing the same part of the song over and over. And in the end, one guy won $50,000 just for remembering the words to a handful of songs! How do I get on this show?! Singing Bee has some mild entertainment value to watch it once or twice, but I can't see it staying on the air. In fact, the best part is likely the cartoon bee.
  • It's like an fun evening with friends in a karaoke bar, or in front of a PS with singstar loaded! Really fun!

It's fast paced, it's for fun and not for being the best singer. If you sing it right it's enough. So if you have enough of all these talent schows, of crying girls and boys, of people who forget the lyrics but pretend they can sing like angles, this is your new best friend. There is a reason why singstar is so popular all over the world and why people from japan love to do sing after work together with all their friends: Everybody has fun, you can laugh about yourself or your friends if they sing it wrong or in a funny way, but nobody is hurt.
    That's a good attitude for a show!
    So keep watching folks!
  • Ok so this is what i really think of this show...

The FOX network is doing the same reallity shows over and over agin. I'M SICK OF IT. Wat do u think i mean reallly ? Get a new idea come on. i want to see somthing new and orginal somthing that will make me not want to change the channel. I mean don't get me wrong the singing bee is awesome i gave it 9 out of 10 but i don't want to keep see the same thing over and over and over agin! Wat about u guys ? Come on voice your opion ! ! ! ---> annie
  • This show is bad. Really Bad.

1.2
    This show is awful. It made my ears hurt. The singing was bad. Plain and simple. Basically the same as Dont Forget the Lyrics. Network executives continue to create low quality junk like this for many reasons - its ultra cheap to produce, requires no writers and is pure fluff. Other than paying the host from a has-been 90s boy band and the crew all they have to do is pay a little for the people seeking their 15 seconds of fame on national TV.

The only reason I even watched 10 minutes of this show was to see if the singing was really as bad I thought it was. Well it was. Shows like this are junk food for the mind. People often recall episodes of great shows. Will anyone 5 years from now be able to recall what happened in a single episode of Singing Bee without looking it up? I doubt it. Am I the only one who thinks the quality of network TV is in serious decline? Nope. Put shows like this where they belong - on cable networks like Gameshow Network, E!, the CW or MyTV.
  • I like this show I think.

When I saw it I thought it was stupid but now I like this show . I like all of the songs they play especially the old songs. I just hope they don't cancel this show. On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate this show a 7 1/2.
  • unless I'm drinking I don't want to sing or watch people singing songs.

1.1
    I thought at first maybe it was a neat idea, but it was done so cheesy and horribly and the host is just so annoying, I think he was in a boy band or something. Fox has a similar show called don't forget the lyrics, it was alot better than this show is. They did it in a different format with only 1 contestant, were they have to go to different money levels and they can win up to $1,000,000. The contestant on that show wasn't as cheesy as the people on this show, have they no shame? I again thought this was sort of a good idea at first, even though as I stated I'm not a big fan of singing or watching people sing karoke unless there is alcohol involved. I think this show just poorly planned is what makes it bad. If they got a new host and changed the format from a spelling bee to a game show, maybe it would be a little less lame.
  • unless I'm drinking I don't want to sing or watch people singing songs.

1.1
  • a good summer show...

The Singing Bee is a great idea for a show and it was well executed. Contestants are picked from the audience and go through three rounds of challenges to determine the winner. Then the winner goes on to a final round to win money. The show is actualyl entertaining and worth watching. It's fun to see if you can get the lyrics yourself and it's really cool to see how well some people know the lyrics of songs. Also, the host was interesting too. He wasn't annoying but he wasn't great. Overall, it's a great idea and I can't wait to see more of it.