The Situation Room

Weekdays 4:00 PM on CNN Premiered Aug 08, 2005 In Season

The Situation Room Fan Reviews (6)

6.7
  • Definitely "The best political team on television".

Living in Spain, you don't get a lot of english language channels over satellite - actually, you have to settle for CNBC and CNN. During the past year and a half, with the primaries going on, followed by the party conventions and the election itself, I had to decide whether to watch it on german or spanish television or on CNN. That choice turned out to be very easy once I saw "The Situation Room". Compared to the german politics show on networks like ARD and ZDF, it's quite relaxing to listen to Wolf Blitzer and his team interviewing politicians. Of course, a difference of opinion might occur between the Republican members of the team and the outspoken Democrats - on german TV, things like that almost always escalate and turn into full-blown verbal fights.

The only downside about "The Situation Room" are the huge commercial breaks - they become quite annoying in nights like November 4th when you're actually waiting for some specific kind of information to arrive.

But, as far as I'm concerned, Wolf Blitzer does have "the best political team on television" and I was glad I could watch it on election night.