Steve Austin: Childhood hero

my1sunshine

[1]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 12
    This show was my addiction when i was little. I remember my Mom used to like the variety show "Cher", which was on opposite SMDM on Sunday night.Even though we had an agreement on revolving viewing, I always tried to cause a scene when it was her show's tun. Never worked, though. But this guy was my hero as a kid. I used to do the sound effects, running in slow motion, humming the music. Is there anybody else who was a kid during this show's heyday (74-76). I'd like to hear some memories. Anybody have toys/lunchboxes....whatever?
    Edited on 06/21/2008 9:38am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

revbucky

[2]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 22
    I used to drive my parents crazy making the sound effects all the time. And yes, I used to run in slow motion too.

Those were the good old days!

Hoeech

[3]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 66
    I remember having the action figure, complete with red jumpsuit and little bionic "chip" in his right arm. I also had the board game. I haven't the foggiest clue how that game was played now that I think back to it. I also remember sending a letter with my sister to the studio asking if they were going to make a Sasquatch action figure. Three months later, it hit the shelves. My sister and I always liked taking credit for the idea (although I doubt that was really the case).